Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 428
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't consider Boom Boom Pow music!?! :o Awww. I love that song. :(

 

I don't get the problem with "artificial" instruments? Why is the sound that a piano, or a guitar makes any less valid than a sound that will.i.am or David Guetta creates? And there's some bands who use the same instruments in every single song. will.i.am is constantly "creating" new instruments, so you end up with songs like Boom Boom Pow. Sure, he throws a bit of piano, guitar, etc. into some of his songs, but for the most part, the instruments in Black Eyed Peas songs are completely invented (or sampled from other songs :lol:).

 

Don't really like Get It Right tbh. :(

 

There's nothing wrong with artificial instruments I just don't like the sound of it so much. Autotune is the absolute worst thing for me though. I'd much rather hear a piano, guitar or natural singing voice any day and there just isn't enough of that in the chart anymore.

You may not like it, but no it does not.

 

I *do* like it but it does sound like a fairly typical Disney ballad.

30 :down: (from 24) Chris Brown - Yeah 3x [D]

 

http://cdn.hmvdigital.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/010/137/0001013795_100.jpg

 

Chart Run: 10-9-6-9-9-8-6-11-13-18-19-21-24-30 [14 wks]

 

Release date: 23-01-11

Format: download only single

Label: Jive

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2006 02 Run It! (Chris Brown Feat. Juelz Santana)

2006 13 Yo (Excuse Me Miss)

2006 23 Gimme That (Chris Brown Feat. Lil Wayne)

2007 75 Wall To Wall

2007 38 Kiss Kiss

2008 08 With You

2008 03 No Air (Jordin Sparks Feat. Chris Brown)

2008 57 Shawty Get Loose (Lil' Mama Feat. Chris Brown And T-Pain)

2008 04 Forever

2008 39 Kiss Kiss (Chris Brown Feat. T-Pain And Nelly)

2008 32 Superhuman (Chris Brown Feat. Keri Hilson)

2008 62 Freeze (T-Pain Feat. Chris Brown)

2009 26 I Can Transform Ya (Chris Brown Feat. Lil Wayne)

2010 35 Crawl

2010 68 Deuces (Chris Brown Feat. Tyga & Kevin McCall)

2011 06 Yeah 3x

2011 02 Champion (Chipmunk Feat. Chris Brown)

2011 49 Next 2 You (Justin Bieber Feat. Chris Brown)

2011 44 Look At Me Now (Chris Brown Feat. Lil Wayne And Busta Rhymes)

2011 40 Best Love Song (T-Pain Feat. Chris Brown)

2011 05 Beautiful People (Chris Brown Feat. Benny Benassi)

 

Discussion Thread Here

YEAH YEAH YEAH. :dancing: Done so well! I added this song to my itunes late last year and its still not old for me, just a feel good-vibe! Beautiful people looks set to be as big as well!

Edited by Karma

GIR doesn't sound disney at all imo. I am sick of this, get it out of the charts. BP is a thousand times superior.
There's nothing wrong with artificial instruments I just don't like the sound of it so much. Autotune is the absolute worst thing for me though. I'd much rather hear a piano, guitar or natural singing voice any day and there just isn't enough of that in the chart anymore.

 

That's fair enough. I think it's just due to my age, like I'm more used to autotune and other vocal effects, because they started becoming more popular when I was quite young.

29 :down: (from 25) Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette - Hello [D]

 

http://www.chartstats.com/image/r49844_100.jpg

 

Chart Run: 73-29-18-16-13-13-16-22-27-23-30-36-35-33-25-27-25-29 [18 wks]

 

Release date: 26-12-2010

Format: download only single

Label: 3Beat/All Around The World

 

Video here:

 

download track listing

1. Hello (UK Radio Edit)

2. Hello (Single Edit)

3. Hello (Michael Woods Remix)

4. Hello (Sidney Samson Remix)

5. Hello (Bassjackers Remix)

6. Hello (Data Life Remix)

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Martin Solveig

2004 35 Rocking Music

2004 57 I'm A Good Man

2005 22 Everybody

2006 62 Jealousy

2011 13 Hello (Martin Solveig Feat. Dragonette)

 

Dragonette

2011 13 Hello (Martin Solveig Feat. Dragonette)

 

Discussion Thread Here

Yeah 3x is only average really. And it's getting tired.

 

Yeah, I don't think it's that good. :( I don't like Champion either really.

 

Love Beautiful People and Look At Me Now though. :heart:

Hello still sounds great :wub:

 

It's starting to catch on in the USA now :D #89 on US iTunes at the moment

That's fair enough. I think it's just due to my age, like I'm more used to autotune and other vocal effects, because they started becoming more popular when I was quite young.

 

True I think age is a factor. I got into music in the Britpop era and my sixth form years were 2005-2007 when indie music was more 'in'. I don't mind BEPs tracks or David Guetta but I think autotune is a bit OTT. It has its place but I just think there's a bit too much in the chart today and I'd rather hear a variety of different genres.

28 :down: (from 20) Lady GaGa - Born This Way [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/2765732.JPG

 

Chart Run: 3-3-8-4-4-7-10-13-14-17-20-28 [12 wks]

 

Release date: 14-03-2011

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 2765732

Label: polydor

 

Lady GaGa is a dance-pop singer from New York City. Born Stefani Germanotta in Yonkers in 1986, she attended the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU while performing at open-mic nights. A collaboration with rapper/producer Akon led to her signing with Interscope Records, which released her debut album THE FAME in October 2008. She scored a number one hit and a Grammy nomination with "Just Dance," which topped the charts in several other countries, but The Fame truly exploded in 2009 thanks to the single "Poker Face." By 2010, Gaga was one of the biggest stars in the world, aided by her new EP The Fame Monster and its single "Bad Romance." - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2009 01 Just Dance (Lady GaGa Feat. Colby O'Donis)

2009 01 Poker Face

2009 04 Paparazzi

2009 19 LoveGame

2009 12 Chillin' (Wale Feat. Lady GaGa)

2009 01 Bad Romance

2009 01 Telephone (Lady GaGa Feat. Beyonce)

2009 68 Monster

2009 07 Alejandro

2010 58 Video Phone (Beyonce Feat. Lady GaGa)

2011 03 Born This Way

2011 09 Judas

 

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/uploads/group_images/of_154.jpg

Yeah, I don't think it's that good. :( I don't like Champion either really.

 

Love Beautiful People and Look At Me Now though. :heart:

 

Yeh, definitely BP. Look At Me Now's quite good, but I haven't listened to it much.

 

Sorry everyone, but I'm getting quite sick of Hello now. Sounds really dated.

 

And Born This Way. 3 songs of averageness now.

This is really quite average on reflection.

 

Judas, however, is really really good and doesn't deserve to be her least successful single :( (excluding LG) Really hoping the video does revive it

Edited by Bray

27 :ne: Glee Cast - Loser Like Me [D]

 

http://cdn.hmvdigital.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/011/786/0001178647_100.jpg

 

Chart Run: 27 [1 wk]

 

Release Date: 24-04-2011

Format: download only track

Label: columbia

 

An optimistic high school teacher tries to refuel his own passion while reinventing the high school's glee club and challenging a group of outcasts to realise their star potential. From early auditions to the amazing National finals, follow your favorite underdogs as they face and eventually overcome challenges everyone can relate to... with a lot of fun and Glee! - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2009 02 Don't Stop Believin'

2010 36 Take A Bow

2010 44 Gold Digger

2010 62 Rehab

2010 73 On My Own

2010 57 Bust Your Windows

2010 26 Somebody To Love

2010 47 Alone (Glee Cast feat. Kristin Chenoweth)

2010 09 Halo / Walking On Sunshine

2010 14 It's My Life / Confessions, Pt. II

2010 47 Keep Holding On

2010 52 No Air

2010 59 Sweet Caroline

2010 38 Defying Gravity

2010 43 Lean On Me

2010 62 Don't Stand So Close To Me / Young Girl

2010 35 True Colours

2010 57 Imagine

2010 53 My Life Would Suck Without You

2010 14 Gives You Hell

2010 35 Hello

2010 48 Hello Goodbye

2010 69 Hello I Love You

2010 16 Like A Prayer

2010 42 4 Minutes

2010 58 Like A Virgin

2010 66 Open Your Heart/Borderline

2010 09 Total Eclipse Of The Heart

2010 27 Run Joey Run

2010 52 Ice Ice Baby

2010 56 Physical (Glee Cast Feat. Olivia Newton-John)

2010 63 U Can't Touch This

2010 33 Jessie's Girl

2010 56 One

2010 62 The Boy Is Mine

2010 36 I Dreamed A Dream

2010 47 Dream On

2010 27 Poker Face

2010 41 Bad Romance

2010 30 Over The Rainbow

2010 32 Anyway You Want It - Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'

2010 48 Faithfully

2010 60 To Sir With Love

2010 67 Bohemian Rhapsody

2011 25 Telephone

2011 35 Empire State Of Mind

2011 48 Billionaire

2011 51 Listen

2011 40 Toxic

2011 45 The Only Exception

2011 74 I Want To Hold Your Hand

2011 45 River Deep Mountain High

2011 67 Lucky

2011 63 Time Warp

2011 72 Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me

2011 36 Teenage Dream

2011 39 Start Me Up / Livin' On A Prayer

2011 61 Stop! In The Name Of Love / Free Your Mind

2011 22 Singing In The Rain / Umbrella (Glee Cast Feat. Gwyneth Paltrow)

2011 31 Forget You (Glee Cast Feat. Gwyneth Paltrow)

2011 51 Marry You

2011 69 Just The Way You Are

2011 37 Hey, Soul Sister

2011 48 Dog Days Are Over

2011 67 Don't Cry For Me Argentina

2011 23 Thriller / Heads Will Roll

2011 51 Need You Now

2011 58 Bills, Bills, Bills

2011 55 Firework

2011 66 Fat Bottomed Girls

2011 68 P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

2011 67 Baby

2011 46 Sing

2011 45 Tik Tok

2011 47 Don't You Want Me

2011 63 Blame It (On The Alcohol)

2011 52 Landslide

2011 27 Loser Like Me

2011 31 Get It Right

 

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/uploads/group_images/of_177.jpgG

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.