August 18, 201214 yr 80k for Rita not bad, she could just fall short under 100k Hmm, I'd beg to differ. I reckon the record company were expecting at least 150k this week so if Rita Ora barely sells more than 100k this week, that will be a disaster for the record company. The irony being, had they released 'How We Do (Party)' about 4/5 weeks ago, it probably would've sold over 150k in its first week. The lesson is the longer you hold back releasing singles, the more you're encouraging illegal downloading. A lesson UK based record companies are still refusing to learn. It's as if they want to lose money on their artists. The mind boggles!!! :lol: 'We Found Love' and 'Call Me Maybe' - both released earlier than planned. One is a million seller, the other will get there by the end of the year. The people associated with Rita Ora's PR & Marketing really should be taking notes. Plenty of them!!! :D
August 18, 201214 yr Author Hmm, I'd beg to differ. I reckon the record company were expecting at least 150k this week so if Rita Ora barely sells more than 100k this week, that will be a disaster for the record company. The irony being, had they released 'How We Do (Party)' about 4/5 weeks ago, it probably would've sold over 150k in its first week. The lesson is the longer you hold back releasing singles, the more you're encouraging illegal downloading. A lesson UK based record companies are still refusing to learn. It's as if they want to lose money on their artists. The mind boggles!!! :lol: 'We Found Love' and 'Call Me Maybe' - both released earlier than planned. One is a million seller, the other will get there by the end of the year. The people associated with Rita Ora's PR & Marketing really should be taking notes. Plenty of them!!! :D 60k on Weds mids (sales end of Tues) and did another 20k on Fri mids (sales end of Thurs) which gives her a total of 80k, I just don't think she could do another 20k for another 2 days, she either could just miss 100k or just about get over 100k by a whisker. We see what happens she is also performing on Jonathan Ross tonight, with just an hour sales boost for the track, if she is singing at the end of the show which they normally do.
August 18, 201214 yr 60k on Weds mids (sales end of Tues) and did another 20k on Fri mids (sales end of Thurs) which gives her a total of 80k, I just don't think she could do another 20k for another 2 days, she either could just miss 100k or just about get over 100k by a whisker. We see what happens she is also performing on Jonathan Ross tonight, with just an hour sales boost for the track, if she is singing at the end of the show which they normally do. Rita Ora probably sold another 10-15k yesterday and possibly the same today. So that's another 20-30k added to the 80k already sold. So 'HWD(P)' is looking set to sell about 110k then? 19.02.12 DJ Fresh feat. Rita Ora Hot Right Now 127,998 13.05.12 Rita Ora feat. Tinie Tempah R.I.P. 104,592 Looks like this will most likely outsell 'R.I.P.' first week sales at least but considering the 8/9 weeks of built up video/radio airplay I really do think the record company expected this to sell more than 'Hot Right Now' did in its first week. 'R.I.P.' crumbled 104k > 57k in one week so I expect this will do exactly the same. Sadly that means 'Bom Bom' will probably take the #1 spot next week. -_-
August 18, 201214 yr It's not exactly a high-profile release, though... It should sell at least 20k though...
August 18, 201214 yr I have a feeling Jessie Ware might not sell too badly too. Really hoping Bloc Party can get to number 1 (it should be pretty easy to achieve, surely?), would be good for them to get there after narrowly missing out with their first two albums.
August 18, 201214 yr Sadly that means 'Bom Bom' will probably take the #1 spot next week. -_- Sadly? I love Bom Bom! :cheer:
August 18, 201214 yr It's such a LAME song... sorry, I just don't get the love for her only in the UK, she's flopping hard in the US and rest of the world. She's just not good. you're right, if Madonna or Kylie released that song, evrybody would have attachked them and it would have reached number 82734 in the charts, but since it's Rita Ora, the new chick on the block, she can release anything and get away with it....
August 18, 201214 yr Maybe not for you. What about for *them*? If they've even released a single to promote it, it hasn't got near the charts...
August 18, 201214 yr you're right, if Madonna or Kylie released that song, evrybody would have attachked them and it would have reached number 82734 in the charts, but since it's Rita Ora, the new chick on the block, she can release anything and get away with it.... Yeah, that's true. I hope Rita comes back with something better for her next single.
August 18, 201214 yr Yeah, that's true. I hope Rita comes back with something better for her next single. How could we tell - it can't exactly go any higher... :P
August 18, 201214 yr Sadly? I love Bom Bom! :cheer: Little Mix may beg to differ abot that No 1 position..............
August 18, 201214 yr How could we tell - it can't exactly go any higher... :P How does that even make sense?
Create an account or sign in to comment