September 17, 201412 yr I really have a deep love for La Isla Bonita that kind of transcends my feelings for most of my other favourite pop songs. It's more than just a great melody, catchy hook, well produced piece of music etc. I feel like there's a moment in my life still to happen when I'll be somewhere and hear that song at just the right time, and suddenly I'll feel like I've lived, and if I then dropped dead it would all be okay.
September 17, 201412 yr Can I just say at this point, what the FUCK IS WRONG WITH JAKEWILD? A FOUR for Power of Goodbye? A TWO for La Isla Bonita?
September 17, 201412 yr Absolutely livid. :( At least your favourite didn't crash out at 20something. :(
September 17, 201412 yr La Isla Bonita took a while for me to truly LOVE, but it really is one of her absolute BEST. It's just such a joyous melody/production.
September 17, 201412 yr pFCeCriYwMk It was also one of the highlights of the Mad'House album (which I'm sure will be sneered at in here but I actually loved that album and her Ace of Base-esque take on this song). Strange that no less than TWO Madonna tribute acts managed UK hits in 2002, there must have been something in the water that year.
September 17, 201412 yr La Isla Bonita took a while for me to truly LOVE, but it really is one of her absolute BEST. It's just such a joyous melody/production. I hold a similar opinion. I never really liked it that much considering its iconic status, but in recent times I have been really loving it. I agree on the melody, plus its lyrics are so good to sing.
September 17, 201412 yr Was that also not the year Kelly Osbourne covered 'Papa Don't Preach' and took it into the top 3? :lol: WUb5JihqZZQ
September 17, 201412 yr Was that also not the year Kelly Osbourne covered 'Papa Don't Preach' and took it into the top 3? :lol: Oh yeah! You wait for one smash Madonna cover to come along and three come along at once! The Wheels On The Bus is genius, although probably would have been a little more successful in 1998/1999 rather than four years after the song it parodied came out.
September 17, 201412 yr YsRPTy-TtF4 :wub: I nearly pissed my pants when I first saw this on the music channels back in 2002, still love it. I'm convinced whoever came up with this idea had been binging on ketamine.
September 17, 201412 yr Was that also not the year Kelly Osbourne covered 'Papa Don't Preach' and took it into the top 3? :lol: WUb5JihqZZQ MY GOD. This did not seem that dreadful back in the day? Everything about this screams "CAN U NOT?". YsRPTy-TtF4 :wub: I nearly pissed my pants when I first saw this on the music channels back in 2002, still love it. I'm convinced whoever came up with this idea had been binging on ketamine. LMFAO. I'M DONE. Edited September 17, 201412 yr by Tyler~
September 17, 201412 yr Ashamed to say I only really noticed La Isla Bonita properly when Celebration came out. I have no idea what happened there. The Immaculate Collection was such a car journey staple for parents when I was growing up and I always had a somewhat interest for Madonna songs.. Anyway, I've grown rather fond of it.
September 17, 201412 yr YsRPTy-TtF4 :wub: I nearly pissed my pants when I first saw this on the music channels back in 2002, still love it. I'm convinced whoever came up with this idea had been binging on ketamine. What the hell have I just watched?!?! Did this chart?
September 17, 201412 yr Yep! {17}-26-35-52->4 Better than the original tbh. :) Obviously I'm KIDDING! :P 'La Isla Bonita' is lovely. One I forget how it goes a lot, but I do like it when I remember it/hear it. 'Papa Don't Preach' though! :wub: Fully deserving of it's top 10 position!
September 17, 201412 yr I remember there was something about how M herself had got wind of that and (unsuccessfully) tried to prevent its release?
September 17, 201412 yr She was even on Top Of The Pops! GuIJWG13wvELMFAO. THAT PERFORMANCE. OMG. Sorry GaGA, you've been topped as my favourite live performance ever, is now this!
September 17, 201412 yr She was even on Top Of The Pops! GuIJWG13wvE That bitch is terrible at lip syncing.
September 17, 201412 yr Did they release anything else? I can't cope with the drummers solo near the end :lol: Apparently its b-side is 'Hush Little Baby' in the style of 'Don't Tell Me' please say someone has this! Edited September 17, 201412 yr by Simon.
Create an account or sign in to comment