Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 662
  • Views 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ellie the only female artist to have a Christmas #1 single?

 

Spice Girls are female.

I assume Cqm meant hitting #1 with a Christmas song (as Ellie wasn't the Christmas #1). I think Ellie might be the only solo female / entirely female act to do it? But there is also Boney M. (a predominantly female group), and of course all the female artists who were on the various Band Aids.

 

(There's also Gabrielle Aplin if you insist on calling 'The Power Of Love' a Christmas song)

and while we all waiting for Mariah finally no1 imagine to see Last Christmas at no1 LOL

Never mind Last Christmas, I’d be more worried about This Christmas :teresa:

19 Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

18 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep

17 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

Winifred Atwell, Whitney Houston, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Sam Bailey say hi! Also Spice Girls and Girls Aloud if counting groups!

Are those X Fctor winning songs? As for Winifred and Whitney, what songs are those?

Edited by Brightest Blue

Arguments could be made for The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin and Somewhere Only We Know by Lily Allen being Xmas songs (some people count them and some people don't), of course they were both chart-toppers so they could count.
Underneath The Tree is one of my absolute faves now :wub: So glad it's got a lot of recognition this year!
Are those Xmas winning songs? As for Winifred and Whitney, what songs are those?

If you talk about Xmas songs in general,Ellie is the only female #1

 

of course many females have had the Xmas #1, but not with xmas songs

ie Whitney - I Will always love you

Are those Xmas winning songs? As for Winifred and Whitney, what songs are those?

 

 

Whitney: The track from The Bodyguard movie

The other can't remember I think its something about Let's Have Another Party (1954)

Santa Tell Me, One More Sleep and Underneath The Tree are the holy trinity of modern Christmas classics.

13 Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas

12 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.