Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

A List

Ariana Grande - Positions [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A] [=Longest Runner]

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am [A-A-A-A-A-A]

^ Celeste - A Little Love [C-C-B-B-A]

Disclosure & Kelis - Watch Your Step [C-B-B-A-A]

Easy Life - Daydreams [C-B-B-B-A-A-A]

Glass Animals feat. Arlo Parks - Tangerine [C-B-B-A-A-A]

High Contrast feat. LOWES - Rhythm Is Changing [C-B-B-A-A]

Lil Nas X - Holiday [A-A-A-A-A-A]

Little Mix - Sweet Melody [C-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A] [=Longest Runner]

MEDUZA feat. Dermot Kennedy - Paradise [C-B-B-A-A-A-A]

Miley Cyrus feat. Dua Lipa - Prisoner [A-A-A-A-A]

^ Shane Codd - Get Out My Head [C-B-B-A]

Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber - Monster [A-A-A-A-A]

YUNGBLUD - Cotton Candy [C-B-A-A-A-A-A]

 

B List

^ 24kGoldn feat. DaBaby - Coco [C-B]

Bicep - Apricots [C-B-B-B]

^ Bree Runway feat. Missy Elliot - ATM [C-C-B]

CamelPhat feat. LOWES - Easier [C-B-B]

CJ - Whoopty [C-B-B]

Eric Prydz - NOPUS [C-B-B]

Griff - Love Is A Compass [C-B-B-B]

^ Holly Humberstone - Vanilla [C-C-B]

Justin Bieber & Benny Blanco - Lonely [C-B-B-B-B]

Loski & Stormzy - Flavour [C-B-B-B-B]

Nathan Dawe x Little Mix - No Time For Tears [C-B-B]

^ Pa Salieu feat. Mahalia - Energy [C-B]

Pale Waves - Change [C-B-B-B]

^ Sam Fender - Winter Song [C-B]

SG Lewis featuring Lucky Daye - Feed The Fire [C-B-B-B-B]

 

C List

Architects - Animals [C-C-C]

Biig Piig - Feels Right [C-C]

Central Cee - Loading [C-C-C-C]

Empress Of & Amber Mark - You've Got To Feel [C-C-C]

* Greentea Peng - Hu Man [C]

* Hope Tala - All My Girls Like To Fight [C]

Jade Bird - Headstart [C-C-C]

* James Vincent McMorrow - Gone [C]

* Louie Vega & The Martinez Brothers feat. Marc E. Bassy - Let It Go [C]

* RAYE & Rudimental - Regardless [C]

Tom Everett - Patti [C-C]

* Young T & Bugsey - New Shape [C]

 

BBC Introducing

Tommy Farrow - Let’s Just

 

Tune Of The Weekend

will return in 2021

 

OUT

Alfie Templeman - Forever Isn't Long Enough [C-B-B-B-B]

Foo Fighters - Shame Shame [C-B-B-B-B]

H.E.R - Damage [C-B-B-B-B]

Harry Styles - Golden [C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A]

Inhaler - When It Breaks [C-C-C]

Jax Jones & Au/Ra - I Miss U [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]

Tame Impala - Is It True [C-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]

 

You can view the Radio 1 Playlist archive here.

 

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

One less song than usual on the A-list this week (presumably to account for them playing more Christmas songs), although that's not as fishy as Shane Codd being on it :D I really hope that can get to number one in the new year!

 

Pretty boring set of new additions, though the inclusion of James Vincent McMorrow is surprising as they've never playlisted him before.

 

I wonder if we'll get an update next week? If we do, I'll probably post it the following day, not intending to have any screen time on Christmas day :)

Edited by M4ngo Ho Ho

Very surprised there’s no Taylor on there! They’ve not played it either this morning so I don’t think it’s a mistake on the playlist!

Nice to see RAYE on there though, it’s strange how randomly they decide to playlist her or not.

 

Happy to see that Louie Vega track, I doubt very much it will get past the C List but it’s nice to see it anyway.

 

I doubt there will be an update next week, from Christmas Day to NYD, they’ve got Anthems shows on so there won’t be any normal playlist songs being played in that time anyway!

  • Author
Very surprised there’s no Taylor on there! They’ve not played it either this morning so I don’t think it’s a mistake on the playlist!

Nice to see RAYE on there though, it’s strange how randomly they decide to playlist her or not.

 

Happy to see that Louie Vega track, I doubt very much it will get past the C List but it’s nice to see it anyway.

 

I doubt there will be an update next week, from Christmas Day to NYD, they’ve got Anthems shows on so there won’t be any normal playlist songs being played in that time anyway!

The playlist hasn't been frozen over Christmas in recent years though so I wasn't expecting a freeze this year, it's just whether they'll bother publishing it on Christmas day.

 

I was surprised about Taylor too, so if it's not a mistake with the playlist I just thought they'd wait until after Christmas to add it, idk really :unsure:

I was hoping 'I Miss U' might climb in the new year like 'This Is Real' did, but I guess that's unlikely now? :(

 

That Louie Vega one sounds interesting on paper, I shall have to give that a listen!

I was gonna say how did the Mambo No 5 guy get on the R1 playlist in 2020, but he's the similarly named Lou Bega.

Nice to see Raye get on the playlist even if the song doesn't look like it'll do anything.

sweet melody supremacy!

 

Over the next few weeks I can see Sweet Melody (and Positions) being removed in favour of No Time for Tears & 34+35.

 

Great to see Sweet Melody on the A list for that long though! Every milestone they achieve during these times is insanely good.

If there's one less song on the A list, I assume it's Taylor and they forgot to add her to the online playlist? Either that or there's no full update next week and they're saving a spot for something (a la Yummy at the start of 2020), but we'll see I suppose...
Is Hope Tala the quickest rotation to go from Introducing to C-list...seems like a couple months since.
Is Hope Tala the quickest rotation to go from Introducing to C-list...seems like a couple months since.

beabadoobee went from that in the space of a month-ish last year I think? (and it was one of hers, not Death Bed lol)

  • Author
If there's one less song on the A list, I assume it's Taylor and they forgot to add her to the online playlist? Either that or there's no full update next week and they're saving a spot for something (a la Yummy at the start of 2020), but we'll see I suppose...

If they'd been playing Willow then I'd say they forgot to add it to the playlist but as far as I can see they haven't even played it today which makes me think it's not a mistake. But yeah let's see...

I was gonna say how did the Mambo No 5 guy get on the R1 playlist in 2020, but he's the similarly named Lou Bega.

Nice to see Raye get on the playlist even if the song doesn't look like it'll do anything.

 

Haha I thought it might have sampled Mambo No 5 and led to a Lou Bega credit before I realised.

 

'Something fishy about the A list' - an absolute genius subtitle :lol:

Would be hugely surprised if the extra song on the A-List isn’t ‘Willow’ after they supported her last kinda alternative era! They don’t normally reduce songs on the playlist due to Xmas rotation.

 

Not much apart from that I’m interested in, nice Celeste is in the A-List now!

Would be hugely surprised if the extra song on the A-List isn’t ‘Willow’ after they supported her last kinda alternative era! They don’t normally reduce songs on the playlist due to Xmas rotation.

 

Not much apart from that I’m interested in, nice Celeste is in the A-List now!

 

So 'A Little Love' might make top 40 in the week after Christmas?

Edited by Road Salt Mixer

Maybe but it’s been steady top 75 since the start of December but hasn’t moved up much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.