January 23, 20215 yr Speaking of which, rather enjoying this Kings of Leon song. If R1 snub this, we know Dave Grohl definitely has a private deal with the nation's flagship new music station. I also demand to see Raw Thoughts by Baby Queen on the playlist within a fortnight max. Edited January 23, 20215 yr by HiyaLuv!
January 23, 20215 yr Really wish they would playlist something from Jazmine Sullivan’s EP Clara did play Girl Like Me last week so they may support it
January 23, 20215 yr Speaking of which, rather enjoying this Kings of Leon song. If R1 snub this, we know Dave Grohl definitely has a private deal with the nation's flagship new music station. I also demand to see Raw Thoughts by Baby Queen on the playlist within a fortnight max. I’d be surprised if they don’t playlist it in the next couple of weeks, it’s had quite a few spot plays and was Arielle Fred’s Tune of the Week last week!
January 23, 20215 yr Genuine question: does anyone know why Radio 1 come to decisions like binning off Muse, The Killers, Jessie Ware, Gorillaz, Prodigy etc etc etc whilst the Foos just go on and on and on and on indefinitely? I like the Foo Fighters and have since I was 12 (I'm 38 now) and I'm into this new single, it's just that these choices seem inconsistent. Surely no-one in the world thinks Waiting on a War sounds more youth-friendly than Timebomb Zone and Momentary Bliss, for instance. I def think it’s due to name power so they probably survey whether the new audiences which are younger and see if they still deem them relevant.
January 23, 20215 yr Author I def think it’s due to name power so they probably survey whether the new audiences which are younger and see if they still deem them relevant. If it was on name power alone, The Killers would be just as relevant as The Foo Fighters, if not more so.
January 23, 20215 yr Remember they did pick 'Times Like These' for the Radio 1 Allstars charity single - someone high up at the station is clearly a big fan :lol:
January 23, 20215 yr On a completely different note, do we think they’ll playlist the Wellerman song/remix? They’ve talked about it loads this last week but I think it’s probably too novelty for them to actually put on the playlist. If it turns in to a big hit though, they may be interested in it?
January 23, 20215 yr Author They normally steer well clear of novelty songs but then again it's looking like possibly being a big hit so who knows!
January 23, 20215 yr I hope on next Fridays playlist that they remove Billie Eilish and CJ and add Silk City and Nathan Evans in place
January 26, 20215 yr If it was on name power alone, The Killers would be just as relevant as The Foo Fighters, if not more so. To people under 25 though? Hard to tell as when it comes to Foo Fighters they are a big metal band whereas The Killers are more indie so there’s more new bands similar to the Killers as opposed to Foos brand of metal. It really is hard to tell though and Bre is likely right that is the charity single link lol
January 26, 20215 yr As someone of the youth age demographic x I'd say that The Killers' new stuff is definitely more relevant to people around me. Feels a lot more hyped whenever they do release now as well. Though it probably does help as well that they're 15 years younger, Foo Fighters tend to get lumped into the "dad rock" crowd now.
January 26, 20215 yr Well there’s our answer then Radio 1 should be playing The Killers as opposed to the Foos, I would be playing both if I had a say though lol
January 26, 20215 yr I’m shocked that Radio 1 still support the Foo Fighters really. They don’t seem to be the right demographic anymore at all, especially when they’ve stopped playing bands like The Killers and there’s question marks over Kings of Leon!
January 26, 20215 yr I’m shocked that Radio 1 still support the Foo Fighters really. They don’t seem to be the right demographic anymore at all, especially when they’ve stopped playing bands like The Killers and there’s question marks over Kings of Leon! Are there questions over KOL? The Bandit was playlisted less than a week after release which is pretty quick.
January 26, 20215 yr Author Are there questions over KOL? The Bandit was playlisted less than a week after release which is pretty quick. Playlisted where? It certainly hasn't been added to R1's playlist yet, hence the question mark!
January 26, 20215 yr Not sure if its' been added yet, but here are a few of the DJs' tunes of the week: Greg James: London Grammar - Lose Your Head Clara Amfo: Rose Gray - Save Your Tears Nick Grimshaw: Noizu - Summer 91 Annie Mac: Serpentwithfeet - Fellowship feat. Sampha & Lil Siva Jack Saunders: Baby Queen - Raw Thoughts I don't listen to Arielle Free, Scot Mills or Rickie et al, although I wouldn't be surprised if Scott's is the 220 KID remix of Wellerman Edited January 26, 20215 yr by roz061
January 26, 20215 yr Not sure if its' been added yet, but here are a few of the DJs' tunes of the week: Greg James: London Grammar - Lose Your Head Clara Amfo: Rose Gray - Save Your Tears Nick Grimshaw: Noizu - Summer 91 Annie Mac: Serpentwithfeet - Fellowship feat. Sampha & Lil Siva Jack Saunders: Baby Queen - Raw Thoughts I don't listen to Arielle Free, Scot Mills or Rickie et al, although I wouldn't be surprised if Scott's is the 220 KID remix of Wellerman Arielle Free = Marco Faraone and Greeko - Armaghetton Scott Mills = Saweetie and Doja Cat - Best Friend No idea about RMC, sorry! Very happy to see Rose Gray potentially being supported, she was the introducing tune of the week a couple of weeks ago and it really stood out to me as being good, so it would be nice to see her as the next introducing act to move up to the main playlist!
January 26, 20215 yr Arielle Free = Marco Faraone and Greeko - Armaghetton Scott Mills = Saweetie and Doja Cat - Best Friend No idea about RMC, sorry! Very happy to see Rose Gray potentially being supported, she was the introducing tune of the week a couple of weeks ago and it really stood out to me as being good, so it would be nice to see her as the next introducing act to move up to the main playlist! Thank you! Scott actually picking a good song for once :P I haven't heard of Arielle's pick - I'll have to have a listen. I'm also here for Rose Gray being supported - her EP is really good. She was Jack Saunders' Next Wave last night (they played 'Easy'), so it looks like Radio 1 are behind her. I'm hoping Baby Queen, Ashnikko and Griff will be picked by one of the main DJs (Greg, Clara, Scott and Nick) soon.
Create an account or sign in to comment