Jump to content

Featured Replies

On 17/08/2025 at 12:52, jimwatts said:

'Heart Of Gold' is a classic and has probably overtaken 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' as my favourite Neil Young song these days, very lyrically endearing. Not surprised but a bit sad to see the low score for 'Amazing Grace', that sound can be quite stirring in the right setting. Its pure sales were 998,509 as of early 2022 so even if it's selling 7 downloads a week it must have a chance of trickling past the million mark some time soon!

ooh I'd love to see some further actual sales millionaires, all this one would need would be a decent advert or film spot then!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 914
  • Views 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Inspired by @Jade ’s decade by decade top 10 and the 1980s sessions having paused I am returning to this for a bit! And it’s a good group to come back to with Bowie getting a rare 10 that may or may n

  • King Rollo
    King Rollo

    I'm glad you liked 10538 Overture. It shows how creative Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne were to do something that was so different to The Move. 10538 was the number of the escaped prisoner the song was about

  • 'Heart Of Gold' is a classic and has probably overtaken 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' as my favourite Neil Young song these days, very lyrically endearing. Not surprised but a bit sad to see the lo

  • Author

Another strong group here: 1972 is definitely exceeding expectations so far. Elton started his hit-making career pretty flawlessly with “Your Song” and “Rocket Man” and I like this Sly And The Family Stone song even more than “Family Affair”.

9

Elton John

Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time)

Inspired by Bowie and a story about an astronaut, it's a 2nd outstanding hit for him and more successful than "Your Song" 

9

Sly And The Family Stone

Runnin' Away

Last of their 5 hits: this has dark lyrics juxtaposed with a happy sounding track and the sardonic "ha ha"; I think it's brilliant

8

The Rolling Stones

Tumbling Dice

The main single from "Exile On Main Street", this feels joyous with great lyrics and combines a blues style with rock and roll

8

Johnny Cash And The Evangel Temple Choir

A Thing Called Love

His biggest hit: the song is originally from 1968 and has many versions but it suits Johnny very well and he does it brilliantly 

7

Johnny Nash

Stir It Up

A cover of a song by Bob Marley who won't have a hit here for a while: this is beautifully done with expressive falsetto 

7

Paul Simon

Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard

A folky 2nd solo hit for him with intrguing lyrics: this style is more to my taste than that of "Mother And Child Reunion"

7

The Temptations

Take A Look Around

I love the harpsichord bassline running through this: it's a lovely and soulful track with beautiful lead and backing vocals

6

David Cassidy

Could It Be Forever/Cherish

1st hit for this US star: "Cherish" is an Association cover but both sides are sincerely performed and rousing pop ballads

6

Ramsey Lewis

Wade In The Water

Only hit for this US pianist and composer: this is a lovely jazz instrumental but more something you'd want to hear live 

6

Mungo Jerry

Open Up

It has that bouncy guitar bassline you might find in T.Rex or other Mungo Jerry songs: a good but not remarkable track

5

The Marmalade

Radancer

I think their more soulful songs have been some of the folkier ones: this is a standard pulsing rock number but it's decent

5

Daniel Boone

Beautiful Sunday

His 2nd and last solo hit and this was a big international success: it's a jolly record but feels very slightly formulaic to me

4

Vicky Leandros

Come What May

The English version of "Après Toi" that won Eurovision for Luxembourg: it's not bad but a somewhat overblown ballad 

4

Leeds United FC

Leeds United

The 1st of 2 #10 hits that they'll have: the B side of this is the better known one but this isn't a bad tune for what it is

3

Dave Newman

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)

Only hit for this artist about which I can find no information: it's very similar to The Tokens version from a decade before

1972 Group 6:

#3950

29/04/1972

Hurricane Smith

Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?

4

38-27-18-15-6-{4}-4-8-12-20-27-27-33-37-41-49->16

#3951

29/04/1972

Donnie Elbert

A Little Piece Of Leather

27

39-36-30-31-{27}-27-30-34-47->9

#3952

29/04/1972

Bread

Everything I Own

32

43-35-35-{32}-40-49->6

#3953

06/05/1972

The Moody Blues

Isn't Life Strange

13

34-39-24-19-{13}-15-15-22-37-47->10

#3954

06/05/1972

Jerry Lee Lewis

Chantilly Lace

33

44-{33}-33-34-39->5

#3955

13/05/1972

T.Rex

Metal Guru

1

9-{1}-1-1-1-2-4-15-22-28-34-42-44-46->14

#3956

13/05/1972

Lindisfarne

Lady Eleanor

3

29-19-12-6-{3}-6-10-23-33-46-49->11

#3957

13/05/1972

New World

Sister Jane

9

31-27-16-16-{9}-9-11-17-24-26-36-39-45->13

#3958

13/05/1972

Don McLean

Vincent

1

36-29-11-5-2-{1}-1-2-5-8-19-26-29-40-49->15

#3959

13/05/1972

Diana Ross

Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoobe

12

42-30-22-18-18-{12}-26-34-41->9

#3960

13/05/1972

The Angelettes

Don't Let Him Touch You

35

44-40-{35}-38-41->5

#3961

13/05/1972

Neil Diamond

Song Sung Blue

14

45-38-31-31-23-16-15-{14}-17-24-29-34-43->13

#3962

13/05/1972

The Move

California Man

7

46-34-20-11-8-{7}-7-7-10-14-24-25-32-41->14

#3963

20/05/1972

Chicory Tip

What's Your Name

13

39-26-23-21-{13}-27-31-42->8

#3964

20/05/1972

Michael Jackson

Rockin' Robin

3

43-33-22-10-5-{3}-6-7-10-15-22-25-34-48->14

Rocket Man is a classic, always loved it, especially the sci-fi stark, lonely lyrics and mood 10/10. Runnin' Away I also loved at the time, unusual, but these days I've switched more to Family Affair as the jewell in the Sly crown, but it's still great 8/10. I fondly recall the Exile flexi disc I swapped for a Faces single - that was a bad decision! Tumbling Dice I never loved that much, it was OK but was no Honky Tonk Women or Jumping Jack Flash in my mind. A bit shambolic in comparison. 6/10.

A Thing Called Love is my fave Johnny Cash song, upbeat and fun yet oddly affecting in an optimistic fashion, 9/10. One I quite fancy trying at karaoke one day near closing time, that should clear the pub. Johnny Nash is under-rated and forgotten these days - yet he was promoting Bob Marley years ahead of his success, and Stir It Up is a goodie 8/10. The latin-sound of Me & Julio was delicious at the time, and the song is quirky and engaging 8/10.

Take A Look Around should be better-known as a great Temps ballad, love the message and mood 9/10. Could It Be Forever was the main side and turned David into a huge star in the UK, it's still one of his best ballads 9/10 Cherish less so 6/10. My 16-year-old Aunty bought this single at the time. Wade In The Water is a fave of mine, an ancient spiritual song getting the jazz instrumental treatment from Ramsey - long overdue a UK hit and this 1966 track got in on the 1972 re-issue fever 9/10. Open Up for some odd reason I was big on at the time, but it's not weathered well 5/10.

Radancer was catchy and it was great Marmalade were still having hits where other 60's acts had faltered, but it was a last fling for 4 years. I still like it 7/10. Beautiful Sunday always did sound formulaic to me too, singalong in a Sweet Caroline sort of way but not as good 6/10. Come What May robbed the New Seekers of a victory, but it's decent enough, French distraught ballads usually work for me 7/10. My grandma was a Vicky Leandros fan in later years. Leeds United not too bad for a football song 3/10. The Lion Sleeps Tonight was a UK cover, I think, ahead of a big US cover hit by Robert John - who would get his own UK hit in 7 years time. I rather liked both versions, but Robert John's is better. 6/10.

  • Author

Another very strong bunch and time for the first 10 of the year. “American Pie” came close and that has more going on with it but “Vincent” is just pure art.

I ended up crowning “Nights In White Satin” as my #1 hit of the ‘60s: this isn’t quite as stunning as that but it’s wonderful too.

10

Don McLean

Vincent

314th #1: based on Van Gogh's biography and his most famous painting, this simple track is beautiful and heartbreaking  

9

The Moody Blues

Isn't Life Strange

An epic 6 minute progressive rock track full of interesting orchestral features that builds to a huge emotional climax 

8

Lindisfarne

Lady Eleanor

This was re-released after "Meet Me On The Corner" and it's a little harder edged than that but another excellent single

8

Diana Ross

Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoobe

I love the whimsical feel of the chorus to this and it's an excellent sophisticated song that demonstrates her vocal ability

7

The Angelettes

Don't Let Him Touch You

Only hit for this UK group with a really endearing Motown style song: I love the gravelly cello and the punchy chorus

7

Donnie Elbert

A Little Piece Of Leather

His last hit and it wasn't as successful as it's predecessor covers but it's great and showcases his impressive falsetto

7

T.Rex

Metal Guru

313rd #1: this doesn't quite grab me like its predecessors but it's confident with big production and intriguing lyrics  

6

The Move

California Man

Last of their mostly very good 10 hits: this is quite a standard traditional rock and roll style song but very enjoyable 

6

Hurricane Smith

Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?

His 2nd Top 5: his voice is an acquired taste but I think it works in making this an interesting and sincere sounding track 

6

Bread

Everything I Own

This is something of an easy listening classic that will have several other versions done: it's not exciting but very nice

5

Michael Jackson

Rockin' Robin

A cover of Bobby Day's 1958 hit: I do think Michael does a good job with this and it's quite a fun and vibrant version

5

Chicory Tip

What's Your Name

A #13 follow up to chart topper "Son Of My Father": it has that same jolly bouncy feel to it and it's a perfectly nice track

4

Jerry Lee Lewis

Chantilly Lace

A Big Bopper cover: I love the original and this is a competently done version, though I don't love the spoken ad libs

3

Neil Diamond

Song Sung Blue

Inspired by Mozart's Piano Concerto #21, but his first Top 10 miss and it's quite a plodding number that doesn't liven up 

2

New World

Sister Jane

Their last Top 40: I find this rather basic and the tune grates quite quickly, and the jarring key change doesn't save it 

1972 Group 7:

#3965

27/05/1972

Wings

Mary Had A Little Lamb

9

36-20-12-10-{9}-9-11-15-27-31-39->11

#3966

27/05/1972

Roberta Flack

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

14

38-34-26-22-17-16-{14}-17-21-27-30-38-39-48->14

#3967

27/05/1972

The Kinks

Supersonic Rocket Ship

16

42-32-24-17-{16}-19-21-39->8

#3968

27/05/1972

The Chi-Lites

Oh Girl

14

43-37-25-25-{14}-18-18-30-35->9

#3969

27/05/1972

The Chakachas

Jungle Fever

29

45-45-{29}-39-40-45-45->7

#3970

27/05/1972

Free

Little Bit Of Love

13

47-35-28-19-20-{13}-15-18-30-33->10

#3971

27/05/1972

The Pearls

Third Finger, Left Hand

31

49-44-36-{31}-37-42->6

#3972

03/06/1972

Slade

Take Me Bak 'Ome

1

25-14-3-2-{1}-3-3-8-16-18-28-43-49->13

03/06/1972

B Bumble And The Stingers

Nut Rocker {1972}

19

47-42-30-25-24-20-{19}-22-24-28-43->11

#3973

10/06/1972

The Staple Singers

I'll Take You There

30

32-33-35-{30}-32-33-32-47->8

#3974

10/06/1972

Gary Glitter

Rock And Roll Parts 1 And 2

2

37-21-6-5-{2}-2-2-3-6-9-12-18-23-31-48->15

#3975

10/06/1972

Frederick Knight

I've Been Lonely For So Long

22

45-38-34-27-26-{22}-23-23-34-50->10

#3976

10/06/1972

The Sweet

Little Willy

4

47-23-8-{4}-4-6-6-11-17-20-28-37-45-50->14

#3977

10/06/1972

Argent

Tragedy

34

48-43-43-40-{34}-34-40->7

#3978

10/06/1972

The New Seekers

Circles

4

50-32-21-11-6-5-{4}-8-9-10-21-19-28-26-37-42->16

#3979

17/06/1972

Elvis Presley

An American Trilogy

8

27-24-{8}-9-9-10-18-22-30-34-47->11

Vincent is fab, poetic and sad life story of the artist who never sold a painting in his lifetime. Also my grandad's name and my middle name, so what's not to like. 9/10. Neither of the hits are my top McLean early single though - that would be Castles In The Air, just gorgeous. Isn't Life Strange is an under-rated Moody track, another 9/10 from, though it's a bit of a patchwork quilt. Lady Eleanor is lovely, and a bizarrely forgotten ballad with Middle-age vibes 50-odd years on - it was a radio fave for years. 9/10.

Diana Ross' sounds like a silly title - and indeed the NME duly slagged it off in the singles review of the time - but I always rated its OTT lush tendencies, and was her last decent hit before the Boring Ballad era arrived. 8/10. Don't Let Him Touch You was bigger on radio than its chart position might indicate, a big fave of mine, and Jonathan King was behind the scenes. That said it's not quite as fresh as it sounded in 1972 8/10. Little Piece Of Leather Donnie's lesser hit for me, but still good. 7/10.

Metal Guru arrived like a bomb after the more tepid Telegram Sam, what a monster hook and back on form Bolan 10/10. The fade-out is fabulous. California Man was The Move's goodbye fling with a retro 50's rocker, Roy on his back on TOTP playing one of the many instruments that he dabbled with but I preferred Chinatown and the non-UK-single Do Ya - see future ELO US hit. 7/10. Oh Babe was fab, very 1940's-sounding, and I loved Norman's unusual voice, catchy as hell and a US hit for the Beatles' engineer now he was out of a job. 9/10. Mama Cass covered it.

I love Bread and David Gates songs, crystal clear, pure vocals and subtle arrangements, and much-coverable in any genre. I still think is the best version, just ahead of Ken Boothe's 9/10. Rockin' Robin is the definitive version, no question, and memories of The Jackson 5 on Top Of The Pops doing it - unusually they were in the actual UK - but I don't love it as much as I did compared to his ballads of the era. 7/10. What's Your Name = Son Of My Father part 2. It sounded better at the time as the synths were still quite exciting, but hasnt dated so well, 7/10.

Chantilly Lace is an OK cover. Jerry was in the UK I think. 6/10. Song Sung Blue is quite low-key but pleasant, and a comeback from the flop Stones single, which was even more downbeat, but it marked the end of Neil Diamond as a creatively inspired hit songwriter and a move into dull ballads. Just compare with his 60's songs, dozens of great ones, none of them hits in the UK for Neil, but many were as covers. 7/10. I liked New World at the time, but Sister Jane did seem more like a by-numbers hit where the WAY better follow-up song struggled. 6/10. This was due to Chinn-Chapman getting massive Glam Hits with multiple acts so the singalong folkpop side took a back seat until the Glam bubble burst and Smokie carried on where New World left off, right down to re-using their songs....

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

A mixture of soul and rock here but this simple and stunning ballad has to be at the top.

9

Roberta Flack

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

A US #1 and the 1st hit for this soul singer with a 1957 Peggy Seeger folk song: this version is slow and utterly beautiful

8

Elvis Presley

An American Trilogy

A medley of three old folk songs which doesn't promise to be compelling, but Elvis gives a brilliant rousing performance

8

Gary Glitter

Rock And Roll Parts 1 And 2

His 1st hit split into a vocal and non vocal part: the beat across both parts is very compelling and the riff mesmerising

7

The Staple Singers

I'll Take You There

1st hit for this US gospel group with a US #1 and a very recognisable rousing tune: not my favourite genre but it's great

7

Argent

Tragedy

This doesn't have the menacing brilliance of "Hold Your Head Up" but it's still great and a very dramatic performance

7

The Chakachas

Jungle Fever

Only Top 40 for this Latin group and an unusual but enjoyable instrumental with groans that got it banned by the BBC

6

Slade

Take Me Bak 'Ome

314th #1: they've definitely found their groove: it doesn't do anything unexpected but it's a gritty powerful number

6

The Kinks

Supersonic Rocket Ship

Their last hit for a very long time: this is slightly sugary and not a favourite, but it has a very nice calypso character to it

6

The Chi-Lites

Oh Girl

Another very emotion laden slow ballad from them: the vocal performance is great and you can feel the heartbreak

5

Free

Little Bit Of Love

Similar in style to "All Right Now" and  a pleasant rock track, but it washes over without leaving very much impression

5

Frederick Knight

I've Been Lonely For So Long

Only hit for this US soul singer with a falsetto heavy track that's quite nice but has a slightly dragging spoken section 

4

The New Seekers

Circles

Their 4th straight Top 5: this has a sweetness and sincerity to it but it's quite schmaltzy and becomes a little repetitive 

3

The Pearls

Third Finger, Left Hand

1st hit for this UK duo who did '60s covers: good song but the Martha And The Vandellas original sounds much richer

2

Wings

Mary Had A Little Lamb

The nursery rhyme set to a tune written by Paul and Linda: an interesting stylistic direction but it does very little for me

1

The Sweet

Little Willy

Their biggest US hit and it does have catchy elements but it's very irritating lyrically and musically after multiple listens 

1972 Group 8:

#3980

17/06/1972

Donny Osmond

Puppy Love

1

36-13-3-{1}-1-1-1-1-4-4-10-17-19-30-35-33-38-50R(2)-45-46R(8)-46-46-48R(3)->23

#3981

17/06/1972

Gilbert O'Sullivan

Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day

8

40-18-12-{8}-11-11-21-19-29-31-45->11

#3982

17/06/1972

Love Unlimited

Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love

14

44-31-21-19-16-16-{14}-21-27-44->10

#3983

17/06/1972

Gladys Knight And The Pips

Just Walk In My Shoes

35

45-42-47-39-36-42-{35}-49->8

#3984

24/06/1972

The Who

Join Together

9

36-22-16-12-{9}-13-15-18-35->9

#3985

24/06/1972

The Stylistics

Betcha By Golly, Wow

13

38-32-25-25-{13}-15-16-14-23-23-34-41->12

#3986

24/06/1972

Donald Peers And The Les Reed Orchestra

Give Me One More Chance

36

41-44-{36}-41-44-41->6

#3987

24/06/1972

Dr Hook And The Medicine Show

Sylvia's Mother

2

44-28-13-4-3-{2}-3-5-8-16-26-35-44->13

#3988

24/06/1972

Johnny Nash

I Can See Clearly Now

5

46-25-12-7-{5}-7-8-8-16-15-19-22-33-38-45->15

#3989

24/06/1972

Bruce Ruffin

Mad About You

9

48-43-35-23-14-{9}-13-13-19-21-32-37->12

#3990

24/06/1972

David Bowie

Starman

10

49-41-29-20-18-{10}-12-11-18-35-43->11

#3991

01/07/1972

Hawkwind

Silver Machine

3

49-40-37-20-12-7-7-{3}-3-4-7-13-19-41-47->15

#3992

08/07/1972

The Partridge Family

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

3

30-13-7-4-5-{3}-6-8-16-20-24-26-38->13

08/07/1972

Richard Harris

MacArthur Park {1972}

38

46-47-47-{38}-40-45->6

08/07/1972

Mary Wells

My Guy {1972}

14

48-38-26-20-{14}-15-22-34-33-42->10

#3993

15/07/1972

Terry Dactyl And The Dinosaurs

Seaside Shuffle

2

29-12-5-4-{2}-2-5-10-15-26-37-46->12

#3994

15/07/1972

The Supremes

Automatically Sunshine

10

35-25-17-{10}-12-17-30-37-47->9

Roberta's classic was a little slow for me at the time to fully appreciate - I was 14 - but once I saw the original stalker classic movie Play Misty For Me with Clint and the amazing Jessica Walter, it really came over beautifully 9/10. Roberta was a classy singer. Elvis' mash-up was well-sung, and is still a showstopper at any Elvis tribute concert, but ... I've never really been a fan of it in comparison to older Elvis classics I was mad on. 5/10. Rock & Roll part 2 was the A side, really. No Gary Glitter singing, just doing the Hey's along with the Glitter Band, and those riffs remain powerful and stunning mixed with the heavy drums. 10/10

I was an instant Staple Singers fan with I'll Take You There and was miffed it only scraped into the top 30 - I'm not quite so big on it as I was but at least it was a minor hit unlike Respect Yourself and others. 8/10. Tragedy, wot u said, that's my opinion too, 8/10. Jungle Fever, Radio Luxembourg played it a bit, but banned on the Beeb so I had to buy a second hand copy years later, annoyed I couldnt tape it off the chart show. Very naughty, and I was very naive. 7/10. funky though.

Take Me Bak 'Ome was a departure from the more ominous previous 2 hits, this was more Glam than Stomp, and I wasnt quite as much a fan of it, but still good. 8/10. Supersonic Rocket Ship was catchy and cute, very much in the Apeman vibe, but I liked the sci-fi lyrics. Not quite as big on it these days, but fun 7/10. The Chi-Lites can't beaten for heartbreak ballads, adored Oh Girl at the time as it sailed to the top of my charts, and still do 10/10. Lush. Little Bit Of Love was my All Right Now, as I'd not got to hear that one in Singapore, so I'm guess I'm alone in viewing this as the best of the two! 8/10.

Loved the Frederick Knight song, I do enjoy me some falsetto, especially in sweet soul, 8/10. Circles is a touching Harry Chapin song, and quite sombre for The New Seekers, but I've found this one has stayed the test of time for me in a way some of their jollier ones havent. 9/10. It was nice The Pearls got some more chart action under this new name, and Third Finger Left hand wasnt known in the UK - so it sounded like an old Motown record without appearing to be an old Motown record even though it was originally an old Motown record. 8/10. They would do a Sugababes by the end of the year and completely change the line-up.

Mary Had A Little Lamb was Paul reacting to getting banned: a tuneful song for his kids that the BBC couldnt possibly ban. I love the melody, very sweet 8/10. Little Willy is The Sweet going Glam, and the one that broke them in the USA to boot in a year or two, along with Ballroom Blitz - I'd rather liked their calypso-pop phase but this was the sound of the future, and yes it was very annoying after a lot of plays, smutty lols for teenagers on first hearing, and it didn't get banned. 7/10.

8.5 / 10 for Pearls - Third Finger Left Hand

It's my second favourite song from 1972 year.

Also it's my 5000th post.

  • 3 months later...
On 06/02/2023 at 21:26, Julian_ said:

Bill Haley becomes the first triple winner today. I think "Rockin' Through The Rye" might even be my favourite of his full stop, though maybe just because it's fresher for me than "Rock Around The Clock". There's going to be plenty from Elvis that I don't care for but his #14 hit in this group is actually lovely.

 

9 Bill Haley And His Comets Rockin' Through The Rye One of their very best - a stonking tune and the instruments and backing singers are used perfectly

8 Elvis Presley I Want You, I Need You, I Love You Think this is an underrated little gem from Elvis - a very tender ballad

8 Georgia Gibbs Kiss Me Another Lovely Latin flavours on this and a great feisty performance

7 Gene Vincent Be Bop A Lula An early rockabilly classic and it's great but not sure it does anything that Elvis doesn't

7 Louis Armstrong And His All-Stars The Faithful Hussar This was already on the "Take It Satch" EP but it’s a really good trumpeet piece and works on its own

7 Fats Domino I'm In Love Again First hit for Fats - I just love his voice and it's a good song

6 Winifred Atwell Left Bank Another one with a Parisian feel and a well put together record

6 Stan Freberg And His Sniffle Group Rock Island Line/Heartbreak Hotel I gave him a 1 last time but I actually find both these parorodies really funny

5 Alma Cogan The Birds And The Bees All these other creatures are shagging so we might as well too is the message - think this goes on the so bad it's good pile

4 Alma Cogan Why Do Fools Fall In Love Not sure this song entirely suits Alma and all in all this version is fine but feels a bit unnecessary

4 Jimmy Parkinson Walk Hand In Hand Similar comments about this song as for the version in the last batch

3 Ronnie Carroll Walk Hand In Hand Find Jimmy's singing on this slightly more interesting but not a lot in it

3 Pat Boone I Almost Lost My Mind Well at least it's an original record but a very dreary one

2 Pat Boone Long Tall Sally Thankfully we're getting the original of this in a few months - this just sounds all wrong

 

 

We've got what appears to be a re-release of Mario Lanza's "Serenade" coming up in the next lot so I'll skip over that.

 

#445 25/08/1956 Clyde McPhatter Treasure Of Love 27 {27}->1

#446 25/08/1956 Anne Shelton Lay Down Your Arms 1 28-14-5-2-{1}-1-1-1-2-3-4-6-10-19->14

#447 25/08/1956 Frank Cordell And His Orchestra Sadie's Shawl 29 {29}-30->2

#448 25/08/1956 David Whitfield My Son John 22 30-{22}-24-28->4

#449 01/09/1956 The Chordettes Born To Be With You 8 13-{8}-15-15-15-11-12-18-29->9

#450 01/09/1956 Ruby Murray You Are My First Love 16 19-{16}-21-25-21R(2)->5

#451 01/09/1956 Edmund Hockridge By The Fountains Of Rome 17 24-20-{17}-17-19->5

#452 01/09/1956 Frank Chacksfield Donkey Cart 26 {26}-26->2

#453 01/09/1956 David Whitfield My Unfinished Symphony 29 {29}->1

#454 08/09/1956 The Platters The Great Pretender/Only You (And You Alone) 5 13-7-{5}-6-8-5-8-10-17-18-23-21-21R(2)-18R(16)-26-30->16

#455 08/09/1956 Frankie Laine A Woman In Love 1 27-11-12-8-3-2-{1}-1-1-1-2-2-2-3-8-10-12-10-14-20-25->21

#456 08/09/1956 Lonnie Donegan Bring A Little Water Sylvie/Dead Or Alive 7 28-10-9-{7}-9-10-7-9-15-23-27-25-30R(7)->13

#457 15/09/1956 The Goons The Ying Tong Song/Bloodnok's Rock 'N' Roll Call 3 9-4-{3}-7-6-10-12-14-22-30->10

#458 15/09/1956 Nat 'King' Cole Love Me As Though There Were No Tomorrow 11 24-26-25R(2)-26-26-16-15-12-{11}-17-19-16-22-22-30->15

15/09/1956 Mario Lanza Serenade {1956} 25 {25}-29R(4)->2

 

 

 

I've only just discovered this but thought you'd be interested to know, the "Serenade" you've crossed out is a different song to the one from 1955.

1955 song https://youtu.be/2aelb8rzqlY?si=8ZrYOoeVZU7rlMVo

1956 song https://youtu.be/LTaXxnshNJ0?si=klCh3JTc1D_LYALM

  • 1 month later...
  • Author
On 13/12/2025 at 17:13, My Random Music said:

I've only just discovered this but thought you'd be interested to know, the "Serenade" you've crossed out is a different song to the one from 1955.

1955 song https://youtu.be/2aelb8rzqlY?si=8ZrYOoeVZU7rlMVo

1956 song https://youtu.be/LTaXxnshNJ0?si=klCh3JTc1D_LYALM

Thanks for this. I’ve gone back and added a review for the 1956 one.

All my numbering will now be out by 1 and it’s too much effort for now to go through and correct it all. For now I’ve numbered the 1956 Mario Lanza “Serenade” as #4095 which comes immediately at the end of 1972, so from 1973 the numbering will be correct again.

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

Inspired by @Jade ’s decade by decade top 10 and the 1980s sessions having paused I am returning to this for a bit! And it’s a good group to come back to with Bowie getting a rare 10 that may or may not be his only one. And we have Johnny Nash with a soul beauty too.

10

David Bowie

Starman

Only his 2nd hit and a perfect follow up to "Space Oddity": a beautiful hopeful song featuring the Ziggy Stardust persona

9

Johnny Nash

I Can See Clearly Now

A brilliant and hopeful soul song that has been covered many times: a US #1 but his UK chart topper is still to come

8

Dr Hook And The Medicine Show

Sylvia's Mother

1st hit for this US soft rock band: I won't enjoy many of their later hits but this is a very compelling piece of country rock 

8

Hawkwind

Silver Machine

1st and biggest hit for this UK rock group with a futuristic song about space travel: an excellent and dramatic track

7

Bruce Ruffin

Mad About You

His 2nd and last hit with a strong and well performed reggae crossover song, with nice instrumentals and backing vocals

7

The Who

Join Together

There's quite an anthemic quality to this and I enjoy the stompy rhythm: certainly a highlight of their later discography

6

Love Unlimited

Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love

The trio was formed as a Barry White backing group: this has nice production and the spoken parts are very sensual

6

Terry Dactyl And The Dinosaurs

Seaside Shuffle

Only Top 40 for this UK novelty band written by Jona Lewie: a very nice song that reminds me of "In The Summertime"

5

Gladys Knight And The Pips

Just Walk In My Shoes

Only their 2nd Top 40 coming 5 years after the 1st: this isn't the most gripping of songs but does have a classy feel

5

The Supremes

Automatically Sunshine

Their last Top 10 hit with a melody that reminds me of "In The Year 2025": not a bad song with their usual sound

4

The Stylistics

Betcha By Golly, Wow

Originally recorded by Connie Stevens, this version isn't exciting though it has something of a souful charm to it

3

The Partridge Family

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Their biggest hit and it's a Neil Sedaka #7 hit now being turned into a #3, but it's not a particularly interesting cover

2

Gilbert O'Sullivan

Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day

It's about the joy and absurdity of everyday life, but unfortunately I find the lyrics and melody become irritating quickly

2

Donny Osmond

Puppy Love

315th #1: debut hit aged 14 for this US singer and a Paul Anka cover which isn't very enjoyable and doesn't bring much 

1

Donald Peers And The Les Reed Orchestra

Give Me One More Chance

He won't have another chance as this is his last hit, and it's very moribund and has an unappealing brashness to it

1972 Group 9:


#3995

15/07/1972

Alice Cooper

School's Out

1

44-17-6-2-{1}-1-1-3-11-16-28-44->12

#3996

15/07/1972

Chairmen Of The Board

Working On A Building Of Love

20

48-37-28-23-24-{20}-25-27->8

#3997

15/07/1972

Faron Young

It's Four In The Morning

3

49-39-29-24-16-10-12-6-5-{3}-6-7-9-13-23-24-28-37-34-40-42-47-45->23

#3998

22/07/1972

Hot Butter

Popcorn

5

41-19-11-6-{5}-6-8-14-17-25-26-31-36-39-44-48-50R(7)-50-50->19

#3999

22/07/1972

Bee Gees

Run To Me

9

50-36-26-19-{9}-11-13-13-27-29->10

#4000

29/07/1972

Labi Siffre

Watch Me

29

43-33-32-{29}-32-42->6

#4001

29/07/1972

Electric Light Orchestra

10538 Overture

9

45-20-17-14-{9}-15-17-36->8

#4002

29/07/1972

Jackie Wilson

I Get The Sweetest Feeling

9

46-36-31-24-17-14-10-{9}-13-13-24-32-42->13

#4003

29/07/1972

Middle Of The Road

Samson And Delilah

26

48-38-{26}-30-38-49->6

#4004

05/08/1972

Procol Harum

Conquistador

22

42-35-27-24-{22}-28-40->7

#4005

05/08/1972

Mardi Gras

Too Busy Thinking About My Baby

19

46-33-26-22-21-24-{19}-36-42->9

#4006

05/08/1972

Roberta Flack And Donny Hathaway

Where Is The Love?

29

47-36-33-31-{29}-34-42->7

#4007

05/08/1972

The Four Tops

Walk With Me, Talk With Me, Darling

32

48-39-{32}-36-48-49->6

#4008

12/08/1972

Mott The Hoople

All The Young Dudes

3

22-11-4-5-{3}-7-14-22-33-44-47->11

#4009

12/08/1972

Rod Stewart

You Wear It Well

1

23-7-2-{1}-2-2-4-11-23-28-38-42->12

Ah great to see you restarting this Julian, especially as I can contribute in real time now. I have read through the rest of the thread so far and it’s fantastic!

Of this group I’d agree pretty much completely with your favourites

Starman is brilliant, and it’s great to see you starting with a 10. Such a high standard of 70s singles by Bowie.

I Can See Clearly Now is a beautiful melodic soul classic

Sylvia’s Mother is my favourite Dr Hook single, I really like the pleading vocals

Silver Machine was very ahead of its time

Walking In The Rain With The One I Love is lovely

Looking forward to more of your excellent reviews!

Yay 1972 back, and at least there will be an increasing number of oldies charting from here-on you wont have to review! 😄

Starman is a Ziggy masterpiece of course, and I liked it first time I heard it on Lift Off With Ayshea kiddie TV pop show, footage all wiped out of existence sadly. 10/10. Johnny Nash fan here, but oddly I preferred his cover of Marley's Stir It Up at the time, and his debut Hold Me Tight from 1968 is an early reggae forgotten classic. I've come round to it though 8/10. I enjoyed the Shel Silverstein song Dr Hook era, and Sylvia's Mother is both touching and hilarious in it's OTT vocal, I think it was intended tongue-in-cheek as was Ballad Of Lucy Jordan, not a hit. 8/10.

Silver Machine is one of the greatest live records of all time, Lemmy is amazing, and it's still exciting 10/10. Will be back again in 1978, which is when it topped my charts and I bought it. Bruce Ruffin sadly forgotten these days, but he had some good reggae singles, and Mad About You is still oddly sweet 9/10. Join Together is the last great Who single, very meh after this one, solo stuff was better 8/10.

My fave of this bunch is totally Barry White's Love Unlimited, he's on it, his wife is singing lead, and this is where his career starts, lush, cinematic and delicious, I still adore it 10/10. Seaside Shuffle is a fun throwback to British seaside singalong, and Jona Lewie very much having a laugh 7/10. Gladys' is an oldie for the Northern Soul scene, just ahead of her going all ballad and leaving Motown, I enjoy it still but it didnt get a lot of airplay. 7/10.

I'd not noticed that In The Year 2525 similarity - might explain why I like it a bit more, being huge on Zager & Evans! I think post-Ross Supremes are under-rated and Automatically Sunshine is decent with Mary Wilson more upfront for a change 8/10. I didnt know Connie Stevens' had first dib on Betcha By Golly Wow, given songwriters/producers Bell & Creed were big in soul circles and this is one of their best, The Stylistics only had one more record as good as this, though they were huge in the UK at a time when The O'Jays and Detroit Spinners were way better. 9/10.

I didnt know the original Neil Sedaka version, so The Partridge Family version is still a nostalgiac fave - the TV show was a fave for a while - and it served as the re-boot for Neil's second-coming in the UK, where he was now based. Topped my charts, but in all honesty it's not a classic recording/arrangement in the same league of worthiness as I Think I Love You 8/10. Gilbert a bit off the boil with Ooh Wakka Do, though it was fun at the time in a singalong fashion, and the last single in his Mark One 1940's piano doodler phase before he went full-on annoying pop star in a jumper phase. 6/10.

Puppy Love, again didnt know the original, but I did know Donny - from The Andy Williams Show of many a year, and their cartoon series with songs, so I had a lot of reason to like Puppy Love at first. I still do enjoy it, but 1971's Go Away Little Girl, and One Bad Apple are way better. Donny's voice, like mine, was about to break in late 1972 and early 1973 and his smoother bland teen vocal loses something outside the Michael Jackson/Jackson 5-clone stuff. One Bad Apple is Donny's best vocal ever, he is really straining outside his comfort zone! 6/10. You may need some minus ratings for later Donny hits, this is one of the better ones, it at least has emotion! Donald Peers 1920's revisited but the song isnt much cop - Please Dont Go at least had a tune. 2/10.

  • Author

We’re crossing the 4,000 hit mark for this thread (though we’re over 7,000 across the 3 threads). This is a very strong group indeed and the songs that are probably the best well known, “School’s Out” and “The Sweetest Feeling”, are muscled out by 2 more avant garde tracks.

“10538 Overture” is very Beatles but moves the sound forward at the same time. I’m sure @King Rollo will be pleased to see it coming top. “Popcorn” is unique and feels like it’s from much later.

9

Electric Light Orchestra

10538 Overture

1st hit for this UK rock group and "Strawberry Fields Forever" influenced, but it's an epic interpretation of that style

9

Hot Butter

Popcorn

Only hit for this US instrumental and a thrilling, ahead of its time electronic instrumental hit that sounds like popcorn

8

Alice Cooper

School's Out

316th #1: debut hit for this US singer and a glam rock classic with an energy that bottles the end of school feeling

8

Jackie Wilson

I Get The Sweetest Feeling

His last hit aside from re-releases and only his 2nd Top 10, 15 years after the 1st, and it's a beautiful and tender song

7

Procol Harum

Conquistador

Their 1st new Top 40 since 1967: a very enjoyable song about colonial warriors with a frenetic organ accompaniment

7

Labi Siffre

Watch Me

The least well known of his Top 40 hits but they've all been great, and this is lovely and soulful with a memorable riff 

6

Roberta Flack And Donny Hathaway

Where Is The Love?

They did a whole album together and this is Donny's 1st hit: it doesn't stand out but is a beautifully sung, soulful duet

6

Mott The Hoople

All The Young Dudes

1st hit for this UK rock group written by David Bowie, and it's a good glam song that bears his mark if not his artistry

5

Chairmen Of The Board

Working On A Building Of Love

Musically this is very much the same old style from them, but it does have a really sweet and hopeful lyrical message

5

Bee Gees

Run To Me

They won't be back until 1975 after this and will then hit a run of huge success: for now this is pleasant soft rock

5

Mardi Gras

Too Busy Thinking About My Baby

Only hit for this US band with a cover of the Motown song: it's a nicely done version but nothing very remarkable

4

Middle Of The Road

Samson And Delilah

The last of their 5 hits, and a moderately entertaining and charming bubblegum pop track based on the biblical story 

4

The Four Tops

Walk With Me, Talk With Me, Darling

They're already on their 11th album by this point and still have plenty ahead: this track is fine but not memorable

3

Rod Stewart

You Wear It Well

317th #1: his 2nd #1 and rather similar to "Maggie May" but also vastly inferior, with nothing very interesting to it

2

Faron Young

It's Four In The Morning

A big sole hit for this US country singer: I suppose it's fitting that a track about 4am is sluggish but it's not enjoyable

1972 Group 10:

#4010

12/08/1972

Derek And The Dominos

Layla

7

25-13-{7}-7-9-11-22-29-42-48-49->11

#4011

12/08/1972

Blackfoot Sue

Standing In The Road

4

44-25-14-9-{4}-6-11-19-25-35->10

#4012

12/08/1972

Bill Withers

Lean On Me

18

48-36-27-25-{18}-18-21-28-37->9

#4013

19/08/1972

Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Band

Heykens Serenade/The Day Is Ended

30

38-33-31-{30}-35-39-43->7

#4014

19/08/1972

Duncan Browne

Journey

23

40-29-24-{23}-31-40->6

#4015

19/08/1972

Michael Jackson

Ain't No Sunshine

8

41-28-20-16-{8}-8-8-13-25-34-40->11

#4016

19/08/1972

Bobby Hebb

Love Love Love

32

45-43-40-{32}-41-41->6

#4017

19/08/1972

Roxy Music

Virginia Plain

4

46-26-18-8-{4}-7-10-15-24-28-36-50->12

#4018

19/08/1972

Lynsey De Paul

Sugar Me

5

47-20-12-6-{5}-5-15-21-31-43-50->11

#4019

19/08/1972

Al Green

I'm Still In Love With You

35

50-41-{35}-36-39->5

#4020

26/08/1972

Junior Walker And The All Stars

Walk In The Night

16

40-38-25-21-{16}-20-19-20-31-34-49->11

#4021

26/08/1972

Cliff Richard

Living In Harmony

12

44-30-21-{12}-12-12-16-27-35-46->10

26/08/1972

The Drifters

Come On Over To My Place {1972}

9

46-36-27-20-10-{9}-10-15-17-29-36->11

#4022

26/08/1972

Judge Dread

Big Six

11

50-39-29-23-17-17-12-{11}-11-15-15-18-22-21-30-31-41-41-41-41-35-37-40-42-34-48-50->27

#4023

02/09/1972

Slade

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

1

2-{1}-1-1-3-7-16-27-33-39->10

#4024

02/09/1972

The Hollies

Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress

32

44-39-{32}-33-48-39-43-48->8

I'm glad you liked 10538 Overture. It shows how creative Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne were to do something that was so different to The Move. 10538 was the number of the escaped prisoner the song was about, inspired by the number of the mixing desk in the studio which was 1053. The 8 was added as the melody needed an extra syllable.

Popcorn by Hot Butter is certainly ahead of its time so I would also put it in second place out of that batch.


A really great group!

ELO with an excellent innovative Beatle influenced first hit.

More innovation with Popcorn, unbelievable that it came from 1972.

School’s Out is a real rallying call.

I love I Get The Sweetest Feeling, it’s close to being the best Jackie Wilson song.

Where Is The Love is gorgeous.

I also really like You Wear It Well, but agree it’s not as great as Maggie May.

All The Young Dudes is definitely my favourite of this group though. Fantastic melodic glam rock. One of my favourite songs of the 70s. It’s very rare for anyone to outdo Bowie with one of his own songs!

Ahhh I'm so pleased my countdown thread inspired you to revive this! Reading that made me smile.

For some reason it took me a while to get into 'Starman', which frustrated me, as I knew it was Brer's favourite Bowie song and our taste is usually so in sync. However, it finally clicked after I watched his legendary TOTP performance of the song. Not quite sure what I was on before but that's easily my favourite here now too!

I was introduced to a couple of these songs in other versions - like the Prince cover of 'Betcha by Golly', Wow' and S Club Juniors doing 'Puppy Love'. Thankfully there is a much better Osmonds-adjacent animal hit on the way.

I can't remember where I discovered '10538 Overture' and 'Conquistador' but I really like both too, pleased to see the former topping that group! I can hear the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' comparison. 'Hot Butter' feels ridiculously ahead of its time and I liked Tove Lo's track '2 Die 4' which interpolates it too, shall see if that turns up in the Pop Factor.

packed with classics here, and your top 2 both topped my charts as a 14 year old, hooray! 10538 Overture was and is brilliant, 10/10 for me, still love it. Popcorn was a moment, sounded like the future (and it was eventually) and exciting, though more of a 9/10 these days. I once had to babble to one of the several bullies at school who sat next to me during lunch about this song, he didnt believe me it existed and I was using pop music chat to try and find some way of not getting beaten up later. Happy days...

A schoolmate/former friend from a previous posting to the RAF camp, across the road from us, bought School's Out so I taped it off him, and have grown to love it even more since. Nothing ever summed up the glorious summer holidays better. 10/10. Jackie Wilson's classic was already 4 years old and sounded Northern Soul, I didnt love it as much as Higher & Higher at the time, but it has grown with each chart comeback (1975, 1987) 9/10.

Conquistador is the live orchestral version, and that is amazing - the studio version is not as good - 8/10. Watch Me classy as always for Labi Siffre, he dropped a new very sad and affecting single earlier this year, though his voice isnt as pure as it was then 8/10. I adored Where Is The Love, should have been bigger, what a sad tune from 2 great singers, and Donny Hathaway a tragic figure in pop supported by Roberta. 10/10.

All The Young Dudes is another 10/10 for me, it's better than Bowie's version, production-wise and Ian Hunter's vocal style suited the song well - though Bowie is very obviously singing on it as well as producing, and it did the trick saving Mott's career for another 2 years. The lyrics are very 1972 and a frozen moment in time. Run To Me was a decent Bee Gees 60's-stylee ballad but not quite as great as their best up this point, which bizarrely included US Country monster How Can You Mend A Broken Heart, a UK flop in 1971. They were busy promoting in the UK this time so that prob helped 7/10.

Chairmen Of The Board I always had a soft spot for, but Working On A Building Of Love was one of the lesser hits, they had better to come and previous 6/10. Mardi Gras' Marvin cover is my definitive version, upbeat and unusual, especially the lead vocal 9/10. Marvin's I didn't hear till a few years later. Samson & Delilah was cute and Middle Of The Road were still Bubblegum faves, huge in Europe where a later UK flop was smashing it - Talk Of All The USA was male-vocal led double A there, had lyrics that might not fly in 2026 that passed everybody by at the time who wasn't paying attention. That should have been the lead single. Samson 7/10 Talk 9/10.

The Four Tops' track a cash-in Motown single (they'd already re-done Bernadette as a Northern Soul hit) as The Four Tops moved to arch-rivals label and got some decent material for a short while. 5/10. You Wear It Well I actually much preferred to Maggie May at the time, and I still do rate it, the violin bits, the song, though it's not as good as Maggie long-term. 9/10. Faron Young a Country standard that Prefab Sprout wrote a song about - Faron Young - and one I oddly love more now than I did at the time. I merely liked it then, but the vocal is great, love the old-timee country music twangs and it's a strong song in a Stand By Your Man sort of style. Genuninely an emotional 9/10 for me.

Basically there's nothing here I dont like, that's 14-year-old's for you...! 😄

Two huge favourites of mine on this page in 'Vincent' and 'Starman' - one a beautifully worded ballad which has overtaken 'American Pie' as my favourite of Don McLean's, and the other was my favourite Bowie song for a long time until 'Life On Mars?' caught up, I love the sweeping chorus and guitar on the bridge as well as the alien imagery - approve of the 10/10s for these. 'All The Young Dudes' would be next for me, a great song and this somehow eclipses Bowie's original version of it.

  • Author

One of @Jade ’s favourite songs of the 1970s getting its moment here and it’s very close to another 10. What an epic whirlwind of a song.

Some really interesting discoveries from Lynsey de Paul and Duncan Browne, but in the end I’ve given Roxy Music the runner up position. I think they’re one of those bands that became more middle of the road as they went on, but this is a fab debut.

9

Derek And The Dominos

Layla

1st (and essentially only) hit for this mixed UK-US group, and a brilliant song with one of the greatest ever rock riffs

9

Roxy Music

Virginia Plain

1st hit for this UK rock band with a really original and quirky song merging a folk feel with synthesised sounds

8

Bill Withers

Lean On Me

His 1st hit, with a cover of what should have been a big hit for him also here: this is a powerful and timeless song

8

Lynsey De Paul

Sugar Me

1st and biggest hit for this UK singer and TV personality, and it's an incredibly punchy, addictive and striking debut

7

Duncan Browne

Journey

Only Top 40 for this UK classically trained folk rock singer with a really lovely and different sounding gem of a song

7

Junior Walker And The All Stars

Walk In The Night

Their 1st hit in a while: I really like the soulful style of this, and how the vocals almost seem to accompany the instruments

6

The Hollies

Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress

Their biggest Us hit but only a small UK one, perhaps because the style is so similar to CCR, but it is a good track

6

Blackfoot Sue

Standing In The Road

Only big hit for this UK group with a strong but not distinctive track in a singalong rock style very similar to Slade

5

Slade

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

318th #1: their 2nd chart topper in 3 months with a decent song, and they're into their period of enormous success

5

Bobby Hebb

Love Love Love

His 2nd and last hit and it's actually a 1966 song that isn't as good as "Sunny" but is enjoyable, bright and breezy

4

Michael Jackson

Ain't No Sunshine

Bill's didn't chart originally so this is the song's 1st appearance: it's very competently done but he's still so young

4

Al Green

I'm Still In Love With You

It's hard not to compare this to "Let's Stay Together" and find that it's very similar in style as well as much less good

3

Cliff Richard

Living In Harmony

I do like the tempo change towards the end but it's not one of Cliff's better tracks and the lyrics are a little trite

2

Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Band

Heykens Serenade/The Day Is Ended

Two versions of popular tunes with this uninspiring double A: it feels like hearing the band play at the village fair 

1

Judge Dread

Big Six

1st hit for this UK reggae artist that had a very long run, but it's quite grating and I don't really get the humour at all 

1972 Group 11:

#4025

02/09/1972

Dandy Livingstone

Suzanne Beware Of The Devil

14

46-33-28-18-16-{14}-14-16-32-40-48->11

#4026

02/09/1972

Hurricane Smith

Who Was It?

23

47-38-29-{23}-24-29-41->7

#4027

09/09/1972

Elton John

Honky Cat

31

40-34-{31}-32-36-49->6

#4028

09/09/1972

The Seashells

Maybe I Know

32

45-45-{32}-34-43->5

#4029

09/09/1972

The Sweet

Wig-Wam Bam

4

48-25-15-6-{4}-6-8-10-17-25-36-38-43->13

#4030

16/09/1972

David Cassidy

How Can I Be Sure

1

10-3-{1}-1-2-4-12-18-35-41-50->11

#4031

16/09/1972

T.Rex

Children Of The Revolution

2

14-{2}-2-2-5-10-17-29-39-47->10

#4032

16/09/1972

Donny Osmond

Too Young

5

22-9-{5}-5-7-14-22-25-30-28-37-46-47R(3)-47-47->15

#4033

16/09/1972

Lieutenant Pigeon

Mouldy Old Dough

1

38-20-4-3-{1}-1-1-1-2-5-12-14-24-23-31-31-34-41-43->19

#4034

16/09/1972

David Bowie

John, I'm Only Dancing

12

43-30-23-20-{12}-13-13-16-28-39->10

#4035

16/09/1972

Parchment

Light Up The Fire

31

47-34-{31}-45-47->5

#4036

23/09/1972

Gary Glitter

I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock And Roll)

4

27-14-8-{4}-5-6-12-17-32-34-49->11

#4037

23/09/1972

Peter Skellern

You're A Lady

3

43-18-6-{3}-3-7-8-16-35-43-50->11

#4038

23/09/1972

Family

Burlesque

13

45-37-30-23-19-19-14-{13}-16-26-37-45->12

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.