Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Suedehead2 said:

The Lib Dems are the largest third party in the Commons for over a century. That ought to mean they get plenty of news coverage. It's not easy to tell whether the abysmal lack of coverage is down to the party or just a dreadfully biased news media.

I always thought the amount of candidates in various discussion arenas was based on seats in the commons and not the opinion polls or did that just change post 2024?

  • Replies 24
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Brett-Butler
    Brett-Butler

    Ed Davey has taken a break from his extended gap year joviality to announce Lib Dem plans to introduce legislation to fine anyone who plays music on public transport without headphones. I will let the

  • Suedehead2
    Suedehead2

    I would define my philosophy broadly as "My freedom ends where your nose begins". Therefore, I consider the right of the majority of people not to have to listen to someone else's choice of music, or

  • Iz様 🌟
    Iz様 🌟

    Not exactly a literally liberal policy (very much an 'in my dictatorship' style policy) but certainly an eye-catching one, I haven't often seen a Lib Dem policy be significant news. But they ARE a nu

  • Author
17 hours ago, Steve201 said:

I always thought the amount of candidates in various discussion arenas was based on seats in the commons and not the opinion polls or did that just change post 2024?

Exactly. That was the broadcasters' excuse for excluding the Lib Dems from so many panels between 2015 and '24.

2 hours ago, Suedehead2 said:

Exactly. That was the broadcasters' excuse for excluding the Lib Dems from so many panels between 2015 and '24.

I’d like confirmation of the actual rules or do they just make it up as they go?

  • Author
3 hours ago, Steve201 said:

I’d like confirmation of the actual rules or do they just make it up as they go?

Good question.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.