Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 120
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Managed to get Olive - Extra Virgin online, saved me queueing!

  • Also indeed I did not previously know there was a tunnel under Lana Del Rey

  • ThePensmith
    ThePensmith

    Was up at half 4. Got there about twenty minutes to 7 with 30 ahead of me in the queue and... Beautiful reissue, going to give it a spin in a second!

Posted Images

My brother has gone into Nottingham to get a copy for me. Thanks so much @dandy*!

It’s arrived! I haven’t played it yet as I’m weirdly nervous about finally owning a copy, but I’m happy enough with the condition of it at least <3 You can see on the left where it’s faded a bit from being on a shelf but I’d rather that than creases or rips etc

IMG_3392.jpeg

I did a stupid thing and got Crystal Castles’ debut but then found out that Alice doesn’t get any money from that. I should’ve gotten the used one but they are all at least twice as expensive for some reason, compared to new.

Now just need to hunt down secondhand II and III. The former is going to be impossible, they are so expensive!

1 hour ago, pavi said:

I did a stupid thing and got Crystal Castles’ debut but then found out that Alice doesn’t get any money from that. I should’ve gotten the used one but they are all at least twice as expensive for some reason, compared to new.

Now just need to hunt down secondhand II and III. The former is going to be impossible, they are so expensive!

I got them all back in the day, excellent groundbreaking albums and well worth getting if you can seek them out!

1 hour ago, pavi said:

I did a stupid thing and got Crystal Castles’ debut but then found out that Alice doesn’t get any money from that. I should’ve gotten the used one but they are all at least twice as expensive for some reason, compared to new.

Now just need to hunt down secondhand II and III. The former is going to be impossible, they are so expensive!

What have you got in your collection so far Pav? Just looked and yes II is ridiculously expensive, I swear it wasn't difficult to find new a few years back.

And given this is a vinyl thread, does anyone else have discogs accounts to log their collections?

52 minutes ago, dandy* said:

What have you got in your collection so far Pav? Just looked and yes II is ridiculously expensive, I swear it wasn't difficult to find new a few years back.

https://www.discogs.com/user/Conderella/collection

6 more already preordered, including Robyn's coke bottle Body Talk - my local store delayed it until end of August. :(

Just a heads up, for anyone who’s interested, the next Rough Trade 50th anniversary vinyl drop is on 4th August, covering the years 2006 to 2015.

1 hour ago, dandy* said:

Sadly the link doesn’t work for me. I guess it must be set to private - but no worries!

Ah, I didn’t know there was a privacy setting but I guess it makes sense!

Now it should be visible.

On 01/08/2026 at 14:18, pavi said:

Ah, I didn’t know there was a privacy setting but I guess it makes sense!

Now it should be visible.

Ooooo what’s Blue in Concert like? Is it worth getting? Surprised that Blue wasn’t one of your first buys though.

Much love for Rival Dealer, Magdalene, Bounty, Kin, Have One On Me, Ys, Immunity and Lux in particular out of your choices

9 minutes ago, dandy* said:

Ooooo what’s Blue in Concert like? Is it worth getting? Surprised that Blue wasn’t one of your first buys though.

Much love for Rival Dealer, Magdalene, Bounty, Kin, Have One On Me, Ys, Immunity and Lux in particular out of your choices

I got Blue in Concert mostly because Blue is super expensive nowadays. I like the new arrangements but not sure it’s worth buying unless you already love the album.

I should’ve gotten the Still Blue version at the concert I attended last year but only purchased a poster in the end :’) The original Blue is definitely a top priority from the want list.

On 01/08/2026 at 07:15, Jaz13music said:

Just a heads up, for anyone who’s interested, the next Rough Trade 50th anniversary vinyl drop is on 4th August, covering the years 2006 to 2015.

Just released, some very limited!

xx already sold out :’)

I was going to get Burial but decided against it in the end. It would have been nice to get Swim by Caribou but I’m not paying 60 euros for that x

I’ve survived this drop unscathed.

The ones I love I’ve already got (XX, Caribou, Burial, Radiohead) and the rest seem nice but not essential for me

  • 4 weeks later...

Got my vinyl of Westside Cowboy’s debut album It Goes On today. Also a properly signed copy of Phoebe Bridgers Lost Weekend last week. Both are excellent!

  • 3 weeks later...

National Album Day release list is out for 17th October, theme of which this year is Icons. And my wallet is marked safe: https://www.nationalalbumday.co.uk/2026-releases-a-p

Likewise with HMV's exclusive vinyl drops next week which are a bizarre selection to say the least: https://hmv.com/store/music/exclusive-vinyl-drop?_gl=1*1rh59cp*_up*MQ..*_ga*NDkxODA0MjI1LjE3ODk3MTkwOTE.*_ga_WJW9FR9YBD*czE3ODk3MTkwOTEkbzEkZzAkdDE3ODk3MTkwOTEkajYwJGwwJGgw

Gorillaz are rereleasing their albums and I’m seriously considering getting this as it’s very pretty

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%

It does look as though they’ve themed them all pretty well. I’m having to stop myself from buying as I’ve already got it once… maybe I’ll decide when photos of the final product gets out there to see how similar to the mock up it is

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.