Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

A companion to the 21st Century retro thread.

Currently we have Michael Jackson’s album track Human Nature at number 6 after first charting in 2009.

Great result imo, it’s my favourite MJ album track.

2026 tracks:

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

Michael Jackson - Human Nature

  • Replies 8
  • Views 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • These 20th century songs have all returned to the top 40 this year too: Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) The Police - Every Breath You Ta

  • dandy*
    dandy*

    How wonderful that Boys Don't Cry charted again, I'm not sure I had registered that happening. It's such an unlikely choice of song to become popular again, but very deserved - and for it to match its

  • 20th century songs that have experienced a top 40 resurgence since I last posted here: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds - Three Lions Oas

Fletwood Mac Landslide also recently debuted, and in a minor way Chris Rainbow finally posthumously got a chart entry in the 100 of USA and UK. I was a fan of his Solid State Brain in 1974 when he was known as Christopher Rainbow and popped up on some UK pop shows and radio.

Human Nature was on the B side of Gone Too Soon in the 90's so it helped that one chart (I know I used it as an excuse to chart it over the less-good A side). It is a nice song Human Nature and should have been a single in late 84 instead of the Motown cash-in's 👍

These 20th century songs have all returned to the top 40 this year too:

  • Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain

  • Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

  • The Police - Every Breath You Take

  • Diana Ross - Upside Down

  • Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now

  • David Bowie - Heroes

  • The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go

  • The Cure - Boys Don't Cry

  • Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

  • Madonna - Into the Groove

  • Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

  • Michael Jackson - Beat It

  • Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

  • The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

So quite the '80s-fest mostly thanks to Stranger Things, the Michael biopic and TikTok! ❤️

How wonderful that Boys Don't Cry charted again, I'm not sure I had registered that happening. It's such an unlikely choice of song to become popular again, but very deserved - and for it to match its peak as well!

  • 1 month later...

20th century songs that have experienced a top 40 resurgence since I last posted here:

  • Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

  • Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

  • Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds - Three Lions

  • Oasis - Wonderwall

  • Journey - Don’t Stop Believin’

Quite a few 20th century top 40 returnees this week:

  • Fat Les - Vindaloo

  • The Beatles - Hey Jude ❤️

  • Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart ❤️

  • Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline

  • 1 month later...

Since I last posted, these returned to the top 40:

  • Dolly Parton - Jolene

  • Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers - Islands in the Stream

and this shockingly became a top 40 hit for the first time after previously peaking at #47:

  • Dolly Parton - 9 to 5

🕊️❤️

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.