Saturday at 18:594 days 10 hours ago, pippa said:Has Katy supported this release?If she did I think she’d lose any of the credibility she has left.
Monday at 02:202 days Author On 03/10/2026 at 20:09, pippa said:Why so?I think that they're insinuating that Katy will lose any credibility she has left because having a greatest hits/compilation album looks like she's desperate for sales.
Monday at 19:032 days 16 hours ago, DanielCarey said:I think that they're insinuating that Katy will lose any credibility she has left because having a greatest hits/compilation album looks like she's desperate for sales.Haha not quite, more because this is a ‘playlist’ than a Greatest Hits album.
Tuesday at 13:111 day There are more than 20 greatest hits albums among the 100 best-selling albums of 2026 in the UK, but Katy Perry is the only one desperate.
Tuesday at 19:311 day 6 hours ago, Piethro said:There are more than 20 greatest hits albums among the 100 best-selling albums of 2026 in the UK, but Katy Perry is the only one desperate.Whilst I don't agree with the way that the majority of greatest hits albums are able to linger around forever at the upper echelons of the chart due to the rules, Katy Perry's (and Dua Lipa's live album which is also exploiting a loophole really, both of which I love) greatest hits album hasn't been physically released or marketed anywhere. It's not really an album, it's literally just a playlist that you can stream and download (but I'm not sure if anyone really has).
49 minutes ago49 min Many artists take advantage of the loophole which does need to be addressed.Katy should turn this into a full release and support it with physical formats.