Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5
  • Views 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Become an instant smash. I LOVED this and it’s become my favourite horror movie of the year! So good and although I’m not a gamer, I did think the POV shots and the decision making were extremely wel

  • John-James
    John-James

    Loved this so much! Big fan of the games and a big part of my childhood so appreciated the subtle nods to the games but overall a very well made horror movie!

  • This was pretty solid, I watched the movie yesterday. More comedic than I expected which was slightly annoying at times but otherwise they did a good job. One jump scare got the whole audience includi

Posted Images

  • Author

Become an instant smash. I LOVED this and it’s become my favourite horror movie of the year!

So good and although I’m not a gamer, I did think the POV shots and the decision making were extremely well done to give it as real a vibe to the games as people could ask for.

Just brilliant. Austin Abrams was excellent.

Loved this so much! Big fan of the games and a big part of my childhood so appreciated the subtle nods to the games but overall a very well made horror movie!

This was pretty solid, I watched the movie yesterday. More comedic than I expected which was slightly annoying at times but otherwise they did a good job. One jump scare got the whole audience including myself, it was quite a surprise :’) Also appreciated the nods towards video games but it was giving more The Last of Us than RE.

The best part is that it’s only 1.5 hrs which in this day and age is a miracle!

Edited by pavi

I enjoyed this, although I do think it's the weakest of Zach Cregger's horror films so far, it was a little straightforward but tbf, it's a survival horror video game adaptation so I can get there isn't as much room for innovation as there is for original material.

I did still think this worked very well though and definitely didn't outstay it's welcome, I liked that they kept the lead very recognisably human with his reactions and choices throughout all of it and the design of the monster/zombies looked really good, and it never took itself overly seriously too. Never played the games nor seen the movies (although don't feel like I'm missing out much on the latter) so can't comment on the Easter eggs/faithfulness, but it certainly felt very much like a video game in parts which is nice.

Also, did he ever say a sentence that didn't have an f-bomb in it lol

Saw this tonight, I'll just copy my LB review lmao (I don't write many but thinking of trying it more!) but I'll just add that it was definitely quite well-made and so I appreciated that. It also very much felt like a video game like Chez said, which was quite interesting. I found some of it absolutely disgusting but I guess that was the point 🥲

image.png

I know, I'm such a master reviewer 🙄

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.