Jump to content

Featured Replies

23 hours ago, Herbs said:

Also a question for the masses - why is Darin preferable to HRVY? At the moment I’m not seeing it - and the latter really seems to be struggling

I’ve enjoyed what I’ve heard of HRVY so far so this question isn’t aimed at me anyway but my response to this would be that I prefer Scandipop / Eurovision-esque maximalist pop or RedOne pop to Joel Corry style faceless dance pop. It holds more nostalgia to me personally and given a lot of this site quite enjoy Swedish artists, I’d hazard a guess that could be the same for others.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ElectroBoy
    ElectroBoy

    Ha Sam Smith nabbing a Calvin track!

  • 🎵 REEEEEDONE KAT DELUNAAAAA AAAND DARIN 🎵

  • ElectroBoy
    ElectroBoy

    He's released some new merch this week, so all the new fans on here can get hoodies/ tees in readiness for him winning

Posted Images

1 Calvin Harris

2 Sam Smith

3 Tom Greenan

4 Sam Fender

5 Mackenzy MacKay

6 Lewis Capaldi

7 Darin

8 Gary Numan

9 HRVY

10 Roosevelt

11 Damien Rice

11 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love (REEEEDOOOONE KAT DELUNAAA AND DAAARIN, I’ll always be nostalgic for 2010s RedOne and I’m so glad this has been played)

10 Calvin Harris - Summer (when this started, I was like oh god cos I didn’t think it would’ve aged well but… not sure if it’s cos the sun is out today or because of the competition but it actually sounded really good so maybe I’ve just had enough time away from it to appreciate it again)

09 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (I definitely thought I’d be ranking this higher than Summer but that actually does have more oomph, another great Sam offering though)

08 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (I should dislike this more because this is peak Capaldi voice being on the border of unlistenable but I do think it works on this and the melody and hook are strong enough for me to still enjoy it)

07 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights (as mentioned above, that kind of 2020 Joel Corry/Nathan Dawe sound hasn’t aged that well for me so I did prefer Hasta Luego but… the bottom 6 did nothing for me and this was at least enjoyable)

06 Tom Grennan - Before You (melodic but quite meh)

05 Sam Fender - Saturday (less melodic and still meh)

04 Mackenzie Mackay - London (this kinda felt like an amalgamation of about 3 different artists that I don’t enjoy but there was more to like about it than the bottom three so I do think it’s been done a bit dirty with so many bottom placements)

03 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die (dragged a bit)

02 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version) (I low key thought the playlist had ended and just thrown on some long ambientness as a suggested song and didn’t click until about 4 minutes in that I was still listening to songs from the competition)

01 Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man (didn’t like this at all, I don’t really enjoy acoustic stuff at the best of times so that’s just a personal thing but didn’t like the vocal style or lyrics either so it was just a miss on all fronts for me)

7 minutes ago, RobBot said:

11 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love (REEEEDOOOONE KAT DELUNAAA AND DAAARIN, I’ll always be nostalgic for 2010s RedOne and I’m so glad this has been played)

10 Calvin Harris - Summer (when this started, I was like oh god cos I didn’t think it would’ve aged well but… not sure if it’s cos the sun is out today or because of the competition but it actually sounded really good so maybe I’ve just had enough time away from it to appreciate it again)

09 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (I definitely thought I’d be ranking this higher than Summer but that actually does have more oomph, another great Sam offering though)

08 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (I should dislike this more because this is peak Capaldi voice being on the border of unlistenable but I do think it works on this and the melody and hook are strong enough for me to still enjoy it)

07 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights (as mentioned above, that kind of 2020 Joel Corry/Nathan Dawe sound hasn’t aged that well for me so I did prefer Hasta Luego but… the bottom 6 did nothing for me and this was at least enjoyable)

06 Tom Grennan - Before You (melodic but quite meh)

07 Sam Fender - Saturday (less melodic and still meh)

08 Mackenzy Mackay - London (this kinda felt like an amalgamation of about 3 different artists that I don’t enjoy but there was more to like about it than the bottom three so I do think it’s been done a bit dirty with so many bottom placements)

09 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die (dragged a bit)

10 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version) (I low key thought the playlist had ended and just thrown on some long ambientness as a suggested song and didn’t click until about 4 minutes in that I was still listening to songs from the competition)

11 Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man (didn’t like this at all, I don’t really enjoy acoustic stuff at the best of times so that’s just a personal thing but didn’t like the vocal style or lyrics either so it was just a miss on all fronts for me)

That's a rollercoaster of ranking numbers mathswoman

1 Calvin Harris

2 Gary Numan

3 Damien Rice

4 Sam Smith

5 Roosevelt

6 Sam Fender

7 Lewis Capaldi

8 Tom Grennan

9 Darin

10 HRVY

11 Mackenzy Mackay

if I’m being honest, I don’t even particularly like the Calvin track 🫣

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.