Jump to content

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Paddington James said:

I thought I was safe sending Irresistible by The Corrs to the first Live Show last series, earlier in the year. How was I was. 😢

You were robbed!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Vengaboys sacrificing their place in the competition with a flop so they can triumphantly return in the live shows with all their bangers still to play

  • Personally I base it entirely on the song. It would feel like a hollow survival otherwise

  • I, too, am a law abiding citizen that has never broken a rule in anything in my life including this wonderful game of music and friendship.

Posted Images

Just now, Lee_J11 said:

If people love an act but the song sent in a certain round is generally considered a bit of a dud, do people actually bump them up their rankings to try and save them?

I guess it works the other way round too, by bombing acts to try and get rid?!

I’m not saying I do this btw, I’m just genuinely curious 😂

Personally I base it entirely on the song. It would feel like a hollow survival otherwise

24 minutes ago, Herbs said:

Personally I base it entirely on the song. It would feel like a hollow survival otherwise

Same here, the game is all about song choice so I always vote on how much I like each song, and that only, and try and disregard my feelings for the artists.

28 minutes ago, Lee_J11 said:

If people love an act but the song sent in a certain round is generally considered a bit of a dud, do people actually bump them up their rankings to try and save them?

I guess it works the other way round too, by bombing acts to try and get rid?!

I’m not saying I do this btw, I’m just genuinely curious 😂

Oh is it your "friend" that does that then? wink

I probably have voted strategically a couple of times in the past if my act was in danger or something but generally I always base it on the song.

37 minutes ago, Lee_J11 said:

If people love an act but the song sent in a certain round is generally considered a bit of a dud, do people actually bump them up their rankings to try and save them?

I guess it works the other way round too, by bombing acts to try and get rid?!

I’m not saying I do this btw, I’m just genuinely curious 😂

For me I judge it on the song. There are artists that I do like a fair few songs by, but they also have songs I don’t really care for.

There’s also artists that I’m not a huge fan of but they have some decent or good songs.

I try to be as honest and genuine as possible.

Definitely only consider the song! (not the act)

I hope we get some secret voting rounds.

I did prefer the songs in round 1 for the groups!

  1. Texas - I Don't Want A Lover

  2. Years and Years - All For You

  3. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  4. Sade - Your Love Is King

  5. Fontaines D.C - Jackie Down The Line

  6. Ultravox - The Voice

  7. New Order - Age Of Consent

  8. Iamamiwhoiam - Chasing Kites

  9. Vengaboys - 1999

  10. Bananarama - Look On The Floor

  11. M83 - Kim & Jessie

3 minutes ago, Paddington James said:

I try to be as honest and genuine as possible.

Same!

I would like the Vengaboys to advance as they're bringing something different, especially to the groups category! But I didn't feel I could put it anywhere other than last

I, too, am a law abiding citizen that has never broken a rule in anything in my life including this wonderful game of music and friendship.

Just now, pavi said:

I, too, am a law abiding citizen that has never broken a rule in anything in my life including this wonderful game of music and friendship.

u k hun?

40 minutes ago, Mangø said:

Oh is it your "friend" that does that then? wink

I probably have voted strategically a couple of times in the past if my act was in danger or something but generally I always base it on the song.

I’m not quite sure what you are alluding to Mango but I refute these baseless allegations kink

My rankings:

01 Years & Years - All For You (not one I’d most think to go back to but maybe that made it feel fresher, great pop song!)

02 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites (preferred this to Play actually, really enjoyed the production on this)

03 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover (I did not know this but wouldn’t have known it was Texas! Liked this much more than Round 1)

04 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) (I don’t even rate this particularly high but everything beneath this didn’t make much of an impression on me and this certainly does in its delightful cheapness, I fear this group is going to become a real slog to listen through if they go)

05 M83 - Kim & Jessie (I like this but not sure it needs its entire run time as I got a bit bored)

06 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) (I like the general soundscape but don’t feel like enough of interest happened with it to keep me captured for the whole song, not bad though!)

07 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again (again, decent)

08 Sade - Your Love is King (I like the vibe but doesn’t leave a huge deal of impression - again, thought I was listening to George Michael before checking the artist, is this something that people comment on much?!)

09 New Order - Age of Consent (about on par with round 1, gonna like the production of most of their entries but not all that bothered about the whole song)

10 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line (I’m figuring that the songs I know and like of them must just be the more poppy sounding songs - this felt… very not that and very not Pop Factor but I imagine they’ll last and I’ll get to enjoy their more melodic stuff later down the line)

12 Ultravox - The Voice (don’t think their entries are going to click much with me sadly, probably not helped by the wealth of synthyness in this category and their songs have so far been the weakest of that to me, not keen on the vocal)

Thought I’d reverse my listening this week and start with Groups. Still not finding them a particular fun listen and if we lose the biggest fun of them all then that does not bode well, I fear 😂

28 minutes ago, RobBot said:

My rankings:

01 Years & Years - All For You (not one I’d most think to go back to but maybe that made it feel fresher, great pop song!)

02 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites (preferred this to Play actually, really enjoyed the production on this)

03 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover (I did not know this but wouldn’t have known it was Texas! Liked this much more than Round 1)

04 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) (I don’t even rate this particularly high but everything beneath this didn’t make much of an impression on me and this certainly does in its delightful cheapness, I fear this group is going to become a real slog to listen through if they go)

05 M83 - Kim & Jessie (I like this but not sure it needs its entire run time as I got a bit bored)

06 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) (I like the general soundscape but don’t feel like enough of interest happened with it to keep me captured for the whole song, not bad though!)

07 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again (again, decent)

08 Sade - Your Love is King (I like the vibe but doesn’t leave a huge deal of impression - again, thought I was listening to George Michael before checking the artist, is this something that people comment on much?!)

09 New Order - Age of Consent (about on par with round 1, gonna like the production of most of their entries but not all that bothered about the whole song)

10 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line (I’m figuring that the songs I know and like of them must just be the more poppy sounding songs - this felt… very not that and very not Pop Factor but I imagine they’ll last and I’ll get to enjoy their more melodic stuff later down the line)

12 Ultravox - The Voice (don’t think their entries are going to click much with me sadly, probably not helped by the wealth of synthyness in this category and their songs have so far been the weakest of that to me, not keen on the vocal)

Thought I’d reverse my listening this week and start with Groups. Still not finding them a particular fun listen and if we lose the biggest fun of them all then that does not bode well, I fear 😂

Yeah I do think the groups are kinda lacking a bit of variety this series - one or two acts aside

5 hours ago, Lee_J11 said:

If people love an act but the song sent in a certain round is generally considered a bit of a dud, do people actually bump them up their rankings to try and save them?

I guess it works the other way round too, by bombing acts to try and get rid?!

I’m not saying I do this btw, I’m just genuinely curious 😂

Well now we all think you do! 🤨 🧐

5 hours ago, awardinary said:

Also @Addy! if it is you I apologise for my language. No mentor is responsible for mistakes and you don't until you try. I'll do my best to support them where I can.

Apology accepted kink

Joke aside, I don’t belong in this group of managers, but I can see why one might think it’s me!!!

24 minutes ago, Addy! said:

Apology accepted kink

Joke aside, I don’t belong in this group of managers, but I can see why one might think it’s me!!!

I hope it is, so iconic!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.