Posted September 24Sep 24 What do you think is Rihanna’s most significantly important era in terms of pop culture / pop music.Not necessarily asking your favourite album / era by her but what do you think of first when you think of Rihanna.Single / album mentions are welcome here?! I think there’s arguments for many answers here and intrigued to see how posters form other countries post here as well to see her appeal in different territories at different times.For me personally my mind always goes straight to the LOUD era. The red hair, that t shirt what every teen guy was wearing, social media at the time being flooded with images of her. I think she was completely inescapable and at the absolute peak of her powers in 2011 when Loud was riding high and it led to Talk that Talk!EDIT: I guess you could also argue here that without Good Girl Gone Bad transforming her into A-list territory and then Rated R experimenting her image and sound we'd have never had LOUD without both of those eras?
Sunday at 20:172 days Loud 100% but GGGB too - though Umbrella does a lot of the heavy lifting there (generally inescapable, the ‘Rihanna curse’, her brand of umbrellas etc). That said, the album marked a clear shift in her image and sound which continued throughout the rest of her music career so I guess the era as a whole was significant.