BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC XLIII • Predicta, Results are in!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 14th April 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Here is the predicta for the BJSC XLIII final which is being held in Botanikka!

Question 1 | Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

Question 2 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

Question 3 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Question 4 l Will a country receive its first win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

Question 5 l How many 12s will Eledan get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

Question 6a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 6b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 6a or 6b, but not both];

PRoJ -> Yuxhaaq
Yuxhaaq -> PRoJ
B.a.N.G. -> ChrIseland
ChrIseland -> B.a.N.G.
Tinnmark -> Isconia
Isconia -> Tinnmark

Question 6b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 6a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 6a or 6b, but not both];

Utopia -> Ingermanlandia
Ingermanlandia -> Utopia
Syndare -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Syndare
Kylienips -> Scherzland
Scherzland -> Kylienips

Question 7 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Botanikka:
Allecian:
Zechonia:

Question 8 l Will the winner of a semi final win the final? If yes, predict which of the semis it advanced from. If no, predict which of the semi final winners will finish highest. [5 points for guessing the correct yes/no answer; 5 points for guessing the semi final correctly]. The only possible answers for this question are: "Yes 1" / "Yes 2" / "No 1" / "No 2".

Question 9 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 7 points if you predicted all countries in this section correctly, regardless of their actual position within the section]

Time to get predicting! cheer.gif

This post has been edited by Ryan741: 26th April 2012, 05:20 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LexC
post 14th April 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

First time I'm in the Question 7 type question! This should be interesting!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 14th April 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

QUOTE(LexC @ Apr 14 2012, 09:34 PM) *
First time I'm in the Question 7 type question! This should be interesting!

I've tried to choose countries that aren't often chosen to feature in the predicta, I hope I've done ok! smile.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 14th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Question 1 | Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

1. Eledan - iamamiwhoami - play
2. Kylienips - Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara - Bodywork
3. Yuxhaaq - Paulina Rubio - Boys Will Be Boys
4. Ramrynia - Emma Lewin - No Excuses
5. Numayania - Dragonette - Let It Go
6. Fljótavík - Vanbot - Lost Without You
7. Syndare - Laura Welsh - Ghosts
8. Batidas - Ida - I Can Be
9. Hendinia - Electric Lady Lab - Taking Off
10. Allecian - Bright Light Bright Light - Waiting For The Feeling

Question 2 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

Question 3 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Female soloist

Question 4 l Will a country receive its first win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

No

Question 5 l How many 12s will Eledan get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

Question 6a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

PRoJ -> Yuxhaaq
Yuxhaaq -> PRoJ
B.a.N.G. -> ChrIseland
ChrIseland -> B.a.N.G.
Tinnmark -> Isconia
Isconia -> Tinnmark

Question 6b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Utopia -> Ingermanlandia -> 12 Points
Ingermanlandia -> Utopia -> 12 Points
Syndare -> Caerfyrddia -> 8 Points
Caerfyrddia -> Syndare -> 6 Points
Kylienips -> Scherzland -> 0 Points
Scherzland -> Kylienips -> 8 Points

Question 7 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Botanikka: 18th
Allecian: 10th
Zechonia: 27th

Question 8 l Will the winner of a semi final win the final? If yes, predict which of the semis it advanced from. If no, predict which of the semi final winners will finish highest. [5 points for guessing the correct yes/no answer; 5 points for guessing the semi final correctly]. The only possible answers for this question are: "Yes 1" / "Yes 2" / "No 1" / "No 2".

Yes 2

Question 9 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 7 points if you predicted all countries in this section correctly, regardless of their actual position within the section]

23. Terra Avium - Bastille - Overjoyed
24. Tinnmark - Bertine Zetlitz; SamSaya - Electric Feet
25. Bignia-Zaragovina - Katharine McPhee - Touch Me
26. Scherzland - Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ft. Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose My Mind)
27. Zechonia - Lindsey Stirling - Crystalize
28. Kluminican Republic - DJ Andi feat. Stella - Happiness
29. PRoJ - Antoine Clamaran ft. Soraya - Feeling You

+Quote this post
p a v
post 15th April 2012, 06:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

SEVEN?! I'll be very lucky to even have FOUR!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th April 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?

I'm being optimistic on your behalf, I think you may get a surprise 12 or three, as well as a few from more expected sources.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 15th April 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Hope you're right of course biggrin.gif

It's been a while since I was predicted as one of the faves to win. Feels strange. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th April 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Caďn @ Apr 15 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Hope you're right of course biggrin.gif

It's been a while since I was predicted as one of the faves to win. Feels strange. laugh.gif

I bet you never thought that Mikey might be the one standing in your way!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 15th April 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

OOH! Really hope you're right Rich, three contests in a row, in the Bottom 5 is pretty bad - would love for this to be the entry to get me back into Top 10! smile.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th April 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Robot Reloaded @ Apr 15 2012, 10:31 AM) *
OOH! Really hope you're right Rich, three contests in a row, in the Bottom 5 is pretty bad - would love for this to be the entry to get me back into Top 10! smile.gif

There are a cluster of about six or seven entries that I think could fill the final two spots in the top ten, like last month I expect to see the 9-15 area VERY close. I fully expect to see that top eight all feature in the top ten though.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th April 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

1. Eledan: iamamiwhoami - play
2. Kylienips: Morgan Page ft. Tegan & Sara - Bodywork
3. Ramyrnia: Emma Lewin - No Excuses
4. Numayania: Dragonette - Let It Go
5. Yuxhaaq: Paulina Rubio - Boys Will Be Boys
6. Syndare: Laura Welsh - Ghosts
7. Hendinia: Electric Lady Lab - Taking Off
8. Fljótavík: Vanbot - Lost Without You
9. Batidas: Ida - I Can Be
10. Isconia: Regina Spektor - All The Rowboats

Question 2 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it] 155

Question 3 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points] Female soloist

Question 4 l Will a country receive its first win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise] No

Question 5 l How many 12s will Eledan get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one] 4

Question 6a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

PRoJ -> Yuxhaaq
Yuxhaaq -> PRoJ
B.a.N.G. -> ChrIseland
ChrIseland -> B.a.N.G.
Tinnmark -> Isconia
Isconia -> Tinnmark

Question 6b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Utopia -> Ingermanlandia 12
Ingermanlandia -> Utopia 10
Syndare -> Caerfyrddia 08
Caerfyrddia -> Syndare 04
Kylienips -> Scherzland 00
Scherzland -> Kylienips 06

Botanikka: 15th
Allecian: 12th
Zechonia: 25th

Yes 2

23. Greenfroze: Radio Ink - Who Are We Tonight?
24. Scherzland: Sebestian Ingrosso & Alesso ft. Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose My Mind)
25. Zechonia: Lindsay Stirling - Crystalise
26. Terra Avium: Bastille - Overjoyed
27. Seyetana: Shell Paris - Where Is My Happy Ending?
28. PRoJ: Antoine Clamaran ft. Soraya - Feeling You
29. Kluminican Republic: DJ Andi ft. Stella - Happiness

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th April 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Hello?

Looking at the personal charts forum, play seems to have way more hype/love around it than Body Work, so I've changed my predicted winner accordingly, I literally can't decide which of the two songs will win and about 30 points rest on guessing the correct one!

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 15th April 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #13
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 15 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Looking at the personal charts forum, play seems to have way more hype/love around it than Body Work, so I've changed my predicted winner accordingly, I literally can't decide which of the two songs will win and about 30 points rest on guessing the correct one!

I have to say something....

Rae Morris looks like Emma Watson. (or perhaps more Hermione Granger) The resemblance is uncanny.

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 15th April 2012, 01:29 PM

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 20th April 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394

Question 1 - Predict the top 10 of the final:

1. Numayania - Dragonette - Let it go
2. Yuxhaaq - Paulina Rubio - Boys will be boys
3. Elëdan - iamamiwhoami - Play
4. Fljótavík - Vanbot - Lost Without You
5. Ramrynia - Emma Lewin - No excuses
6. Hendinia – Electric Lady Lab – Taking off
7. B.a.N.G. - Siobhan Dillon - Powerless
8. Kylienips - Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara - Bodywork
9. Botanikka - Stefanie Heinzmann - Diggin' in the dirt
10. Batidas - Ida - I can be

Question 2 - How many points will this month's winning song score?

Question 3 - What type of act will the winner be?

- Female soloist

Question 4 - Will a country receive its first win in this contest?

- No

Question 5 - How many 12s will Eledan get?

Question 6a - Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries:

PRoJ --> Yuxhaaq - 0
Yuxhaaq --> PRoJ - 7
B.a.N.G. --> ChrIseland - 0
ChrIseland --> B.a.N.G. - 8
Tinnmark --> Isconia - 0
Isconia --> Tinnmark - 2

Question 7 - Where will the following finish?

Botanikka: 8th
Allecian: 19th
Zechonia: 27tt

Question 8 - Will the winner of a semi final win the final? If yes, predict which of the semis it advanced from. If no, predict which of the semi final winners will finish highest.

No 1

Question 9 - Predict the bottom seven positions of the final:

23. Allecian - Bright Light Bright Light - Waiting for the feeling
24. Terra Avium – Bastille - Overjoyed
25. Bignia-Zaragovina - Katharine McPhee - Touch me
26. Séyetana - Shell Perris - Where is my happy ending?
27. Scherzland - Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ft. Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose my mind)
28. Zechonia - Lindsey Stirling - Crystalize
29. Kluminican Republic - DJ Andi feat. Stella – Happiness

This post has been edited by Freeze: 20th April 2012, 01:55 AM

+Quote this post
lbourgoin4
post 20th April 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #15
Group icon
New Entry
User: 16,626

Rae Morris looks like Emma Watson.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th April 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?

A popular opinion apparently.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 20th April 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #17
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

QUOTE(Freeze @ Apr 20 2012, 02:54 AM) *
1. Numayania - Dragonette - Let it go

!!! *.*

Will do this soonage.

+Quote this post
cassius__
post 20th April 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
equally cursed & blessed
User: 6,654

Shocked to be predicted 7th in Freeze's predicta! ;o

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 20th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #19
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Woo 28th - 29th - 29th! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 20th April 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

01 Eledan - iamamiwhoami - play
02 Numayania - Dragonette - Let It Go
03 Fljótavík - Vanbot - Lost Without You
04 Kylienips - Morgan Page feat. Tegan & Sara - Bodywork
05 Ramrynia - Emma Lewin - No Excuses
06 Yuxhaaq - Paulina Rubio - Boys Will Be Boys
07 Syndare - Laura Welsh - Ghosts
08 Allecian - Bright Light Bright Light - Waiting For The Feeling
09 FSR Rontvia - Rae Morris - Don't Go
10 Isconia - Regina Spektor - All The Rowboats

Female soloist

No

04 PRoJ -> Yuxhaaq
12 Yuxhaaq -> PRoJ
00 B.a.N.G. -> ChrIseland
00 ChrIseland -> B.a.N.G.
00 Tinnmark -> Isconia
00 Isconia -> Tinnmark

Botanikka: 17th
Allecian: 8th
Zechonia: 26th

Yes 2

23 PRoJ - Antoine Clamaran ft. Soraya - Feeling You
24 Ingermanlandia - Orbital - New France
25 Tinnmark - Bertine Zetlitz; SamSaya - Electric Feet
26 Zechonia - Lindsey Stirling - Crystalize
27 Scherzland - Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ft. Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose My Mind)
28 Terra Avium - Bastille - Overjoyed
29 Kluminican Republic - DJ Andi feat. Stella - Happiness

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:17 PM