BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Baby Driver, 28/06/17 | Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Mar 12 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Also directed by Edgar Wright and looks like it could be a lot of fun, the action looks fab especially.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Mar 15 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,042

My mate showed me this just an hour or so ago. Looks brilliant!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 15 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #3
Together we are more.

Been getting incredible reviews so far and it's got me really hyped for this! Could this be the 'Kingsman' of 2017? (Unexpected action, comedy of the year?)

+Quote Post
UltraRedLight
post Jun 15 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #4
That Was The Moment I Knew 💔
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

I'm so excited and hyped for this! only 1 and a half weeks to go *.*

Will either try & see it the day before I go away or whilst I'm on holiday!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 28 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #5
Together we are more.

I saw this last night. It was very good. Not as original as you'd probably expect, but it was good. It was kinda like if you mashed the first 2 Fast and Furious movies with Drive... Could have done with a bit more humour as it's tone lent itself well to it, but had little moments of being so.

Ansel was really charming as the lead and his chemistry with Lily was fantastic. The rest of the cast were good, but these two were definitely the best things about the film. Jamie Foxx was surprisingly the most annoying/irritating for me, which is a shame!

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post Jun 28 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #6
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I saw the trailer when at Guardians 2, is it worth seeing?

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 28 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #7
Together we are more.

Definitely worth seeing. I just expected it to be a bit more original and a bit more humourous. It's a very good, action, thrill ride. The cast are all good and it's entertaining enough to prevent you from becoming bored!

+Quote Post
UltraRedLight
post Jun 28 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

beyond hyped for this, rly hope I get to see this whilst on holiday but have a feeling I'm gonna have to try and catch it at cinemas here at the end of next month if it's still showing sad.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 28 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #9
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Was a decent flick but definitely a bit overrated in my opinion, I was expecting it to be a lot more original too considering the rave reviews but it was basically every action movie ever with a bit of music added to it. Saying that, I did really liked the music aspect and how it synced with the action in places. I agree with Jonjo too that Lily James and Ansel Elgort were easily the best things about the movie, I've always found them quite dull in movies but they both really impressed me here with how charming their characters were and how much chemistry they had.

Jamie Foxx is always irritating though, like on the Graham Norton Show last week with DAME Judi Dench, Kristen Wiig and Steve Carrel where he seemed to think he was the best guest and completely dominated the conversations/screentime sad.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Jun 29 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #10
And it goes dark again just like a spark
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Might want to see this. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Live&LetDie
post Jul 7 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #11
New Entry
Member No.: 31,698
   No Gallery Pics

I liked this film. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UltraRedLight
post Jul 10 2017, 04:49 AM
Post #12
   No Gallery Pics

Hands down the best movie since La La Land. Incredible!

Also we saw this in Atlanta where this is filmed and literally some of the places in the film we had or passed or been in on our way to the cinema!!

+Quote Post
White Mustang
post Jul 10 2017, 06:11 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I forgot to post that I agree with Jonjo and Josh that it was a fun flick but in no way worthy of the rave reviews. It was well shot and I enjoyed the performances but it wasn't very original at all and I don't feel it'll be very memorable in years to come. I also think some of the characters were badly written particularly Kevin Spacey's, his character's development was quite unrealistic.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jul 11 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(UltraRedLight @ Jul 10 2017, 05:49 AM) *
Hands down the best movie since La La Land. Incredible!

Thank god someone here is on the same page (well forget the bit about La La Land, it's the general movie of the year contender / best movie since January kinda sentiment that I agree with kink.gif)

I don't normally go for action movies and the trailer didn't have me hyped at all really, it was only when the great reviews came in that I became interested. But I loved it from start to finish, it had a fab opening sequence, some darkly funny humour, it might have dragged a little towards the end (is Jon Hamm still not dead?!) but a 9/10 which easily secures itself a place in my top 3 of the year so far. I hope there are big things in store for Ansel off the back of this, wouldn't have expected him to pull something like this off based on the Divergent movies tbh. He was great, the music was good. Loved the way it was shot.

I adored Scott Pilgrim too so yass Edgar Wright *.*

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jul 11 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #15
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Brilliant film, and it was great to hear “Neat Neat Neat” by the Damned in the final heist sequence near the end (which Baby had to restart when they took ages to get out of the car!) It's soundtracked really well and Edgar Wright is as ever a very ambitious, skilled and entertaining director.

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post Wednesday, 01:20 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

good film, despite being all about reckless car driving (one of my pet movie cliche hates) as the plotting and character development require it, not just an incidental waste of 10 minutes to an hour.

I loved the soundtrack, lots of old faves and lesser known tracks, and they are integral to the story which is fab. Loved the line about Debora, old song by "Trex", "oh you mean T.Rex". It's funny cos people used to get it wrong...

well-made, well-acted, though the central character comes out of it a bit less than heroic, to say the least. 7/10.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 02:48 AM