BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Madame X' • album discussion, 14th album | 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofGhibli
post Sep 9 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

A place to discuss Madonna's 14th studio album 'Madame X'. Released in 2019.

1. Medellín (with Maluma)
2. Dark Ballet
3. God Control
4. Future (with Quavo)
5. Batuka
6. Killers Who Are Partying
7. Crave (with Swae Lee)
8. Crazy
9. Come Alive
10. Extreme Occident
11. Faz Gostoso (featuring Anitta)
12. Bitch I'm Loca (with Maluma)
13. I Don't Search I Find
14. Looking For Mercy
15. I Rise

Disc 2
1. Funana
2. Back That Up to the Beat
3. Ciao Bella

What are your thoughts on this album? Share any opinions, memories, favourite songs, or just discuss it anytime you're re-listening!

Previous threads: Madame X | Album Discussion
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Sep 9 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Sep 9 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo

Gosh looking at that set of videos, she really had one of her best visual eras with this didn't she?

Album wise, it has incredible moments (Crave, God Control and I Don't Search... being up there with some of her best ever) but also a fair bit of filler (which is a trend of her 10s albums). Overall, a good listen but maybe not quite as great as I may have thought it was last year.

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Sep 10 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #4
(-_•)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

So here we are, the last of my studio album journey with Madonna! An album I have heard but not really "listened" to (it was played at work whilst I was working but I never got around to properly listening to it). I love 'Medellín', like 'Crave' and I'm indifferent about 'God Control' (iirc). All the other singles, I can't remember off the top of my head. I've heard 'I Don't Search I Find' due to AF Idol, but I wasn't blown away by it, so we'll see how it fares in the context of the album!

'Medellín' really is fantastic. I'm actually pretty gutted it wasn't a huge smash. I thought Madonna and Maluma worked incredibly well together. 'Dark Ballet' is solid, but not a fave, it's a bit of a mish-mash of ideas, that kinda work, but at the same time, don't at all. I don't mind 'God Control', but I haven't taken to it as much as other people seemingly have. It's good though. 'Crave' is good too.

1. Medellín (with Maluma)
2. Crazy
3. Crave (with Swae Lee)
4. I Don't Search I Find
5. Ciao Bella
6. Looking For Mercy
7. God Control
8. Dark Ballet
9. Faz Gostoso (featuring Anitta)
10. Bitch I'm Loca (with Maluma)
11. I Rise
12. Back That Up to the Beat
13. Funana
14. Batuka
15. Future (with Quavo)
16. Killers Who Are Partying
17. Extreme Occident
18. Come Alive

Overall, this album seemingly washed right over me. Oops. But I think I liked it? I don't have any strong opinions about any of the songs. Nothing "bad" but nothing (except the top 3/4 maybe) I'm rushing to go back to. The production was quite a bit samey throughout and ended up just washing right over me. Not a bad album though. Idk what else to say lmao, omg. 'Come Alive' is right at the bottom just because there was nothing to it, lmao. Still not CRAZY about IDSIF, but it did make more of an impact through the album listen through as I think it came at the right time and spruced up the sound of the album a lil.

Yeah, ultimately, it's largely forgettable, despite not having any bad moments and liking it.

Album Rankings:
01. Confessions On A Dancefloor
02. Ray Of Light
03. True Blue
04. Erotica
05. Like A Prayer
06. American Life
07. Rebel Heart
08. Music
09. Madonna
10. Hard Candy
11. Like A Virgin
12. Madame X
13. Bedtime Stories
14. MDNA

+Quote Post
jlj
post Sep 10 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #5
Valentine ❤️
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

I still think this is Madonna’s best album since Confessions On A Dancefloor.

It’s leagues ahead of Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart as a whole piece of work.

It’s the first time in a long while that Madonna went into her introspective kind of self and made something that was bold, out there, shocking, personal, political etc rather than just trying to fit in with the current trends of the time. There’s certain tracks what aren’t for me but overall this is a strong album what you can tell is a Madonna album!

Songs like God Control, (controversially Killers), Come Alive, I Don’t Search I Find are all epic.

This era went to s*** with single choices and the tour and promo not going as planned because of Madonna’s health which was a real shame but the album itself is really strong.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2020 - 10:50 AM