December 18, 201312 yr Thanks to all the chart mods for a lot of hard work, week in, week out. It's much appreciated. Any estimates for Sam Bailey's sales come the end of the week? 200k with physicals factored in? EDIT: Just seen Decemeter's post. Edited December 18, 201312 yr by chinatoy
December 18, 201312 yr Wednesday Midweek Sales: X-Factor Winners 36,600 Leon Jackson "When You Believe" 67,400 Sam Bailey "Skyscraper" >68,800* Little Mix "Cannonball" 96,000 Leona Lewis "A Moment Like This" 109,700 Joe McElderry "The Climb" 166,000 Matt Cardle "When We Collide" 185,400 Alexandra Burke "Hallelujah" 254,713 James Arthur "Impossible" *no Wednesday sales, we do have Tuesday sales Ouch at Sam not even outselling LM's Tuesday sales. It may not even do 200k at this rate. FYI Shayne Ward did 0 copies by the weds update and Steve Brookstein did 58k (I think) by the same point
December 18, 201312 yr Ouch at Sam not even outselling LM's Tuesday sales. It may not even do 200k at this rate. To be honest, it doesn't matter. I mean, look at where Little Mix are at this stage in their career compared to a lot of those.
December 18, 201312 yr Olly Murs still ahead of Beyonce i didnt expect, the deluxe release has already exceeded my sales expectations. The Killers really benefiting from X Factor in the album chart giving a fantastic sales boost, likewise Celine Dion snapping at a top 5 place this week, excellent performance from her and another release that has already exceeded my expectations. I didnt expect Gary Barlow to be any higher than number 3 this week but i was expecting another week of sales of 100,000 and over and it is on track to do that and pass total sales of 400,000. I really hope One Direction can hold off Robbie for the remainder of the week.
December 18, 201312 yr To be honest, it doesn't matter. I mean, look at where Little Mix are at this stage in their career compared to a lot of those. You have to admit that Sam Bailey does not have the same long-term career potential as they did though.
December 18, 201312 yr Both number one single and albums are by terrible acts. The only consolation is both aren't selling that well in comparison to previous years and I would imagine this year's poo factor winner won't hang around that long at number one!
December 18, 201312 yr I'm quite suprised Beyonce is still at 5 in the Albums I know there is no physical's for it yet so that's probably why but I was expecting to at least be top 3 due to it doing so well on iTunes . Edited December 18, 201312 yr by troylovesmusic
December 18, 201312 yr You have to admit that Sam Bailey does not have the same long-term career potential as they did though. Oh, I don't think she has a lengthy career ahead of her at all but I don't believe the sales of these winner's singles are necessarily indicative.
December 18, 201312 yr You have to admit that Sam Bailey does not have the same long-term career potential as they did though. I don't know perhaps she could it all depends on the songs before 1D released there 1st single every just said another manufactured boyband and look what they have done. If they go the Celine Dion/Streisand/ route it could work there aren't that many older females around so could be a gap
December 18, 201312 yr Brilliant loads of versions in the top 100 on itunes! Not one in the top 100 on iTunes by Altern 8, rather top 1000 :D
December 18, 201312 yr Wow, pretty poor sales for Sam Bailey: I wonder how much the physical will help considering people just don't buy them anymore - obviously Pharrell won't get there this week, but he could actually get there the week after Christmas. Anyway hopefully The Killers can stay Top 40 for sunday as it would be interesting to see their download trickle sales mentioned in Music Week, especially as it is listed as being on the Top 200 for 325 weeks now!
December 18, 201312 yr Anyway hopefully The Killers can stay Top 40 for sunday as it would be interesting to see their download trickle sales mentioned in Music Week, especially as it is listed as being on the Top 200 for 325 weeks now! They'll officially be back over 1% of their top 200 weeks being inside the top 40. *.*
December 18, 201312 yr Not one in the top 100 on iTunes by Altern 8, rather top 1000 :D Whoops lol. It said on the OCC twitter that Altern 8 are only 6k copies from the top 10 if that helps the more mathematically minded work out sales!!!
December 18, 201312 yr Whoops lol. It said on the OCC twitter that Altern 8 are only 6k copies from the top 10 if that helps the more mathematically minded work out sales!!! I'm pretty sure that was on yesterday's mids.....
December 18, 201312 yr Author The AC/DC track Highway To Hell is also a charity track all the proceeds of the single are donated to Feel Yourself appeal fund. Its probably the reason why the track is doing so well, its not really a campaign.
December 18, 201312 yr Erm, it is definitely a campaign :P A lot of these Facebook campaigns are linked to charity, the RATM campaign's proceeds went to the homeless charity Shelter.
Create an account or sign in to comment