Jump to content

Featured Replies

Missed the top 40?

 

Klangkarussell

Netzwerk (Falls Like Rain)

Netzwerk | 2014

 

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music4/v4/dc/60/22/dc6022d0-1c1f-8eca-67fa-7a4983c732aa/14UMGIM10014.170x170-75.jpg

 

Release date: 17-08-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Vertigo/Capitol

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Klangkarussell (German: Sound Carousel) is an Austrian electronic dance music production group formed in 2011. The two members of the group are Tobias Rieser and Adrian Held. Their biggest hit to date is "Sonnentanz", which reached the Top 10 in six countries (Austria, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and Switzerland). - Wikipedia

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2013 03 Sonnentanz (Sun Don't Shine) (Klangkarussell Feat. Will Heard) -1-

2014 xx Netzwerk (Falls Like Rain) -2-

 

Discussion Thread Here

  • Replies 386
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the top 40?

 

T.I. Featuring Iggy Azalea

No Mediocre

Paperwork: The Motion Picture | 2014

 

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/v4/ed/95/f8/ed95f873-34b0-8872-af06-8c7fda280187/886444678605.170x170-75.jpg

 

Release date: 17-08-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Grand Hustle, LLC

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Once dubbed "the Jay-Z of the South" by Pharrell Williams, T.I. gradually came into his own and established himself as one of rap's most successful MCs during the early 2000s. Like Jay-Z, T.I. — born Clifford Harris in Atlanta, Georgia — carried a balance of smoothness and toughness, and although 2001's I'm Serious didn't shoot him out of the gate à la Reasonable Doubt, he consistently grew and launched a string of major hits with 2003's "24's." Throughout the six following years, T.I. maintained a consistent presence on urban radio stations in America: 2003's Trap Muzik, 2004's Urban Legend, 2006's King (released in tandem with T.I.'s debut screen appearance in ATL), 2007's T.I. vs T.I.P., and 2008's Paper Trail — all released through the MC's deal with Atlantic — were Top Ten albums, with the latter three even spending time at the very top of the chart.

 

For better or for worse, T.I. also courted a good deal of controversy during his rise to superstar status. Far more ink was spent on his legal issues and conflicts with other rappers, including fellow Southerner Lil' Flip, than his Katrina relief efforts and other humanitarian involvements. One notable event occurred on May 3, 2006, when T.I.'s crew was caught up in a shooting after a show in Cincinnati. The crossfire left three people injured, while longtime friend and personal assistant Philant Johnson was fatally wounded. Despite such incidents, T.I. continued to flourish as the decade drew to a close, charting three chart-topping rap singles and four Top Five pop hits between 2008 and 2009. His career took a breather in 2009, however, when the rapper entered an Arkansas prison to serve a year-long sentence related to federal gun charges. He was released from prison at the end of 2009, serving the rest of his sentence at a halfway house in Atlanta. Just prior to the December 2010 release of his seventh album, No Mercy, he returned to prison, sentenced to 11 months for violating his probation. The album went gold, and the rapper was nominated for two Grammy awards. After his release, he continued recording and co-starred in the VH1 series T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle. He issued Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head, in December 2012. - iTunes

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

T.I.

2005 04 Soldier (Destiny's Child Feat. T.I. & Lil Wayne)

2005 59 Bring 'em Out -1-

2006 22 Why You Wanna -1-

2006 02 My Love (Justin Timberlake Feat. T.I.)

2007 21 Pac's Life (2Pac Feat. Ashanti & T.I.)

2007 18 I'm A Flirt (R Kelly Feat. T.I. & T-Pain)

2008 47 Whatever You Like -1-

2008 33 Swagga Like Us (JayZ & T.I. Feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne) -2-

2008 02 Live Your Life (T.I. Feat. Rihanna) -3-

2009 04 Dead And Gone (T.I. Feat. Justin Timberlake) -4-

2009 34 Remember Me (T.I. Feat. Mary J Blige) -5-

2010 22 Hello Good Morning (Diddy - Dirty Money Feat. T.I.)

2010 45 Got Your Back (T.I. Feat. Keri Hilson) -1-

2013 01 Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke Feat. T.I. & Pharrell Williams) MILLION SELLER

2013 10 Change Your Life (Iggy Azalea Feat. T.I.)

2014 xx No Mediocre (T.I. Feat. Iggy Azalea) -1-

 

Iggy Azalea

2012 44 Beat Down (Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas Feat. Iggy Azalea)

2013 17 Work -1-

2013 13 Bounce -2-

2013 10 Change Your Life (Iggy Azalea Feat. T.I.) -3-

2014 05 Fancy (Iggy Azalea Feat. Charli XCX) -4-

2014 01 Problem (Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea)

2014 32 Black Widow (Iggy Azalea Feat. Rita Ora) -5-

2014 xx No Mediocre (T.I. Feat. Iggy Azalea)

 

Discussion Thread Here

Extra retro year from 1997

 

 

Other new entries

 

32) Radish - Little Pink Stars

 

Ah Relish, one of those "nearly famous" Northern Irish bands. They are probably best known for their song "Rainbow Zephyr", which was unimaginatively butchered by Westlife, under the name "Hey Whatever".

 

I actually hope Taylor Swift manages number 2 today - good pop tune! Is Ed Sheeran's Don't about her? If so, awkward they will both be in the top 10 together…...

 

'Sing' is rumoured to be about her. He said in an interview that it's about someone very famous.

Today's chart presenter on BBC Radio 1: Jameela Jamil

Not sure about this one but if there's only 5 new entries, then this could have missed out

 

=======

 

Missed the top 40?

 

Chris Malinchak Featuring Mikky Ekko

Stranger

-

 

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/85/23/6b/85236b89-c7ed-7419-7f57-9624a72b9875/886444614184.170x170-75.jpg

 

Release date: 17-08-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Ultra Records / Sony Music

 

Video here:

 

Biography

A long-term DJ and producer from New York, Chris Malinchak had been pursuing the well-trodden path of many dance music DJs and artists, with numerous gigs and productions under his belt. It wasn't until the end of 2012 that Malinchak would become a household name after his release So Good to Me was picked up by BBC Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong as his Essential New Tune of the Week. Malinchak's brand of deep house found a new audience and saw him playing DJ sets throughout the world. So Good to Me was officially re-released in May 2013 and reached the number two slot in the U.K. singles chart. - iTunes

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Chris Malinchak

2013 02 So Good To Me -NAS-

2014 23 If U Got It -NAS-

2014 xx Stranger (Chris Malinchak Feat. Mikky Ekko) -NAS-

 

Mikky Ekko

2012 04 Stay (Rihanna Feat. Mikky Ekko)

2014 xx Stranger (Chris Malinchak Feat. Mikky Ekko)

 

Discussion Thread Here

Wednesday chart update:

 

1. David Guetta & Sam Martin - Lovers On The Sun

2. Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong?

3. Magic! - Rude

 

Not sure about this one but if there's only 5 new entries, then this could have missed out

 

=======

 

Missed the top 40?

 

Chris Malinchak Featuring Mikky Ekko

Stranger

-

 

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/85/23/6b/85236b89-c7ed-7419-7f57-9624a72b9875/886444614184.170x170-75.jpg

 

Release date: 17-08-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Ultra Records / Sony Music

 

Video here:

 

Biography

A long-term DJ and producer from New York, Chris Malinchak had been pursuing the well-trodden path of many dance music DJs and artists, with numerous gigs and productions under his belt. It wasn't until the end of 2012 that Malinchak would become a household name after his release So Good to Me was picked up by BBC Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong as his Essential New Tune of the Week. Malinchak's brand of deep house found a new audience and saw him playing DJ sets throughout the world. So Good to Me was officially re-released in May 2013 and reached the number two slot in the U.K. singles chart. - iTunes

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Chris Malinchak

2013 02 So Good To Me -NAS-

2014 23 If U Got It -NAS-

2014 xx Stranger (Chris Malinchak Feat. Mikky Ekko) -NAS-

 

Mikky Ekko

2012 04 Stay (Rihanna Feat. Mikky Ekko)

2014 xx Stranger (Chris Malinchak Feat. Mikky Ekko)

 

Discussion Thread Here

 

 

That would be such a massive throw away from #20 in the midweeks!

Wednesday chart update:

 

1. David Guetta & Sam Martin - Lovers On The Sun

2. Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong?

3. Magic! - Rude

What a shame I missed rude :)

 

Wow that is terrible. David's one is the best and that's a 2/10- the other two can fight for a -1 out of 10

40 :down: 34 19

 

Kiesza

Hideaway

Hideaway | 2014

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fJ00XcWGL._AA160_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 1-2-3-3-5-9-16-17-20-25-27-29-33-34-37-41-37-34-40

 

Release date: 13-04-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Virgin EMI

 

Chart sales: 500k+

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Kiesa Rae Ellestad, who goes by Kiesza, is a Canadian singer-songwriter from Calgary who has most recently worked out of New York City and London. She is best known for her debut single "Hideaway". - Wikipedia

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2014 01 Hideaway -1-

2014 04 Giant In My Heart -2-

 

Discussion Thread Here

Still sounds so amazing and it definately exceeded my expectations big time!
'Lovers On The Sun' actually sounded okay based on the half of the shortened version I just heard before my Internet cut off (:lol:) - the Avicii breakdown is a bit uninspiring but it's not quite the offensively basic ripoff I was expecting. Will hear it in full later of course to develop a more informed opinion :magic:

39 :down: 36 14

 

Fuse ODG Featuring Sean Paul

Dangerous Love

TINA | 2014

 

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music4/v4/7e/80/25/7e80251f-489a-5dcf-f902-96df99dcd608/dj.pdhyyeht.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 3-7-8-12-11-15-18-18-20-25-31-30-36-39

 

Release date: 18-05-2014

Format: digital single

Label: 3 Beat Productions Ltd

 

Chart sales: 200k+

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Nana Richard Abiona, known by his stage name Fuse ODG, is a British musician of Ghanaian descent. He is best known for his 2013 single "Antenna" which peaked to number 7 on the UK Singles Chart. Born in London and raised in Ghana, Fuse returned to London for his secondary education, where he attended the Archbishop Lanfranc School. Growing up in Mitcham, South London. - Wikipedia

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Fuse ODG

2013 07 Antenna -1-

2013 30 Azonto (Fuse ODG Feat. Itz Tiffany) -2-

2014 05 Million Pound Girl (Badder Than Bad) -3-

2014 03 Dangerous Love (Fuse ODG Feat. Sean Paul) -4-

 

Sean Paul

2002 05 Gimme The Light -1-

2003 16 Make It Clap (Busta Rhymes Feat. Sean Paul & Spliff Star)

2003 04 Get Busy -2-

2003 01 Breathe (Blu Cantrell Feat. Sean Paul)

2003 03 Like Glue -3-

2003 02 Baby Boy (Beyoncé Feat. Sean Paul)

2004 06 I'm Still In Love With You (Sean Paul Feat. Sasha) -4-

2005 02 We Be Burnin' -1-

2005 12 Ever Blazin' -2-

2006 11 Temperature -3-

2006 71 Cry Baby Cry (Santana Feat. Sean Paul & Joss Stone)

2006 22 Never Gonna Be The Same -4-

2006 31 (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me (Sean Paul Feat. Keyshia Cole) -5-

2009 25 So Fine -1-

2010 13 Do You Remember (Jay Sean Feat. Sean Paul & Lil Jon)

2011 11 Got 2 Luv U (Sean Paul Feat. Alexis Jordan) -1-

2012 02 She Doesn't Mind -2-

2012 12 Summer Paradise (Simple Plan Feat. Sean Paul)

2013 01 What About Us (The Saturdays Feat. Sean Paul)

2013 07 Other Side Of Love -1-

2013 35 Turn It Up -2-

2014 03 Dangerous Love (Fuse ODG Feat. Sean Paul)

 

Discussion Thread Here

Still hate dangerous love

 

 

And Fuse ODG next single is going to number 1 by his other ones positions when you get rid of azonto.

7 (antenna), 5 (million pound girl), 3 (dangerous love), 1 (hopefully never happens)

Edited by Ultraviolence1989

Still hate dangerous love

me too, the song itself isn't that bad, but I cannot stand Fuse's voice... :(

Yup, still love this., Afrobeats >>>>

38 :up: 41 29

 

Vance Joy

Riptide

Dream Your Life Away | 2014

 

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/e1/27/33/e1273317-3b70-d260-2e98-da57f623ab91/cover.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 35-18-10-14-13-12-15-27-30-34-39-43-52-57-49-70-67-72-74-59-62-xx(4 wks)-66-61-37-49-61-53-41-38

 

Release date: 04-10-2013

Format: digital single

Label: Infectious Music UK

 

Chart sales: 300k+

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Australian indie folk singer/songwriter Vance Joy began his career playing the Melbourne open-mike scene at the end of the 2000s while completing his law degree. Finding success with his intimate, Bon Iver-influenced songs, Joy decided to put law on hold and pursue a music career instead. Born James Keogh, the singer took the name Vance Joy from a character Peter Carey's novel Bliss in order to better separate his personal and professional life. As his reputation grew, he began working with a manager, booking bigger shows around town and eventually recorded his debut EP God Loves You When You're Dancing. His catchy folk-pop single "Riptide" was an immediate success in Australia and eventually led him to sign a lengthy multi-album deal with Atlantic Records. In 2013, Joy began touring internationally and recording his first album for Atlantic. - iTunes

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2014 10 Riptide -1-

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.