Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 485
  • Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ___∆___
    ___∆___

    8 years since Golden entered at #1 with 48,032 copies sold and kick started her run of (so far) 5#1 albums with BMG, and a bonus #1 with Kylie Christmas with Parlophone.

  • Author
Yeah I think it was about £50 originally too - I bought it when it was like half price and I'm sure I bought it for just over £20. Definitely worth getting for that price!

Golden was a very special Kylie era.

It was her best handled release for a few years.

If the same effort went into X and Aphrodite i really believe these 2 eras could have achieved even greater success than they achieved.

That said, Kylie Christmas, was handled very well, a Top 10 place would have been nice when we look at the sales it achieved.

Kiss Me Once sold almost half of Kylie Christmas and has a much more impressive peak despite very poor sales.

Bmg and kylie really got behind golden and kylie really believed in the release unlike kiss me once which made a massive difference.
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Golden is the third best selling cassette since 2010! Shifted 6.3k cassettes.

 

OCC:

Kylie Minogue is also a big seller on the vintage platform, shifting 6,300 tapes of her Number 1 album Golden. Following its initial release, Kylie also released a Collector's Edition and a Winter Collector's Edition on cassette. The singer’s recent chart-topping best of, Step Back In Time, places tenth.
Great result for golden, the same interest just wasnt there for the sbit cassette but golden captured the novelty factor.
  • Author
I can't find the exact opening cassette total for Golden but I think Step Back in Time opened with a similar amount.

The follow ups slowed down with SBIT but Golden did have the Christmas re-release which boosted sales.

The cd3 addition would be the ideal addition/release to boost SBIT.

 

I can't find the exact opening cassette total for Golden but I think Step Back in Time opened with a similar amount.

 

A tweet from the OOC states it sold 2,600 opening week

 

Official Albums Chart: @kylieminogue has outsold 2017's best-selling artist album on cassette in just one week with #Golden after shifting an incredible 2,600 😍

 

 

  • Author
Thanks! Step Back in Time managed 2,047 so that's not really a big difference and I feel the Golden cassette was more of an appealing buy.
Thanks! Step Back in Time managed 2,047 so that's not really a big difference and I feel the Golden cassette was more of an appealing buy.

 

Yes definitely more appeal and novelty factor with the ‘Golden’ cassette plus it was half the price of SBIT.

The cassette will naturally sell over the next few week althoughbeit in low numbers.

I think its highly unlikely any re issues of the cassette will get released the way Golden did.

Was streaming this today - I overplayed it SO much when it was released that I needed a break from it but listening to it makes me realise how much I love the entire album, definitely one of her best - really can’t wait to see how she will follow this up, she nailed the ‘adult pop’ perfectly with it so hopefully that’s how she will continue.

I don't think Kylie will change too far away from the sound of Golden.

This sound suited Kylie, it worked, and both Kylie and the fans enjoyed it.

  • Author
I don't really know where Kylie will go sound-wise but I'm excited for it. These summer shows, particularly Glastonbury, have really reminded the public what they love about Kylie's music and Kylie must be riding high on their energy and love, so I'm expecting her next album to be a triumph. I suspect she'll want to capture that breezy feel good pop sound that makes Spinning, Head, Sight, Wow and now Dancing such successes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.