Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 618
  • Views 110k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Juan Carlos
    Juan Carlos

    Almost two months late with this information, but if it's taken into consideration that it involves two songs ("End of an Era" and "These Walls") instead of one, I prefer to post it here. Anyway, I pr

  • Juan Carlos
    Juan Carlos

    The album earned its best day in over 8 months with more than 2.8m streams on Spotify, increasing 3.08%. "Training Season" is, obviously, the song with the most daily streams, followed by "Falling For

  • Juan Carlos
    Juan Carlos

    The album received 3.07m streams on Spotify this Wednesday (August 26), which means that it was the first time in nine months that it surpassed the three million mark in a single day.

Posted Images

Ok, if Taylor is releasing more CD’s from her 7.99 sale then I think Dua has to settle for #2, which would suck because there’s no chance she’ll ever get to #1 and that’s a shame!!!
Taylor’s new CDs are not scheduled to be shipped for another 3 weeks so I think Dua’s safe!

Spotify - Day 6:

5m3Lr7n.jpeg

 

Day 1: +20,485,575

Day 2: +14,761,140

Day 3: +11,233,031

Day 4: +12,764,223

Day 5: +12,332,790

Day 6: +12,082,048

01 46,298 Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism [13,388 CDs, 16,772 vinyl, 4,779 cassettes, 1,414 downloads, 9,945 streaming]

02 31,897 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT

 

I'm really happy with those sales for Dua. She was so underestimated this week.

 

FSYGXHa.gif

 

Radical Optimism physical sales have almost double those of Future Nostalgia's debut.

Omfg well done Dua!! :clap: :clap: Still not really feeling the album and have accepted its not what I wanted from her (besides the singles and EOAE) but glad she’s at least reached a new height in the US with the album!

Well done Dua :cheer: Excellent first week sales!

 

 

Here's a first week sales comparison (unfortunately we don't have this data for her debut album, other than the fact it sold 16,223 overall in its first week)

 

 

Radical Optimism vs. Future Nostalgia

 

46,298 vs. 34,390 - Overall First Week Sales (+34.63%)

 

9,945 vs. 14,882 - Streaming (-33.17%)

 

13,388 vs. 7,346 - CDs (+82.25%)

 

16,772 vs. 2,970 - Vinyl (+464.71%)

 

4,779 vs. 4,214 - Cassettes (+13.41%)

 

1,414 vs. 4,978 - Downloads (-71.60%)

 

Bonus stats:

 

34,939 vs. 14,530 - Physicals (CDs, Vinyl & Cassettes combined) (+140.46%)

 

36,353 vs. 19,508 - Pure (Downloads, CDs, Vinyl & Cassettes combined) (+86.35%)

 

11,359 vs. 19,860 - Digital (Downloads & Streaming combined) (-42.80%)

 

----------

 

 

Format percentage contribution to first week totals:

 

21.48% vs. 43.27% - Streaming

28.92% vs. 21.36% - CDs

36.23% vs. 8.64% - Vinyl

10.32% vs. 12.25% - Cassettes

3.05% vs. 14.48% - Downloads

 

Bonus stats:

 

75.47% vs. 42.25% - Physicals (CDs, Vinyl & Cassettes combined)

78.52% vs. 56.73% - Pure (Downloads, CDs, Vinyl & Cassettes combined)

24.53% vs. 57.75% - Digital (Downloads & Streaming combined)

I’m pretty impressed that she managed this in debut week! It seems we did kind of underestimate but the demand was there.

 

I do think it’ll manage decent enough longevity as well. Definitely decent by 2024 standards at any rate. Im gonna give the album another go over the weekend I’m now on holiday so have way more free time to delve into music.

 

I’m glad she did get the #1 though! And her first #1 debut on the albums chart too.

The lack of streams (-33%) is striking considering streaming overall is bigger than it was in 2020 - but great that she got the #1 thanks to sales.

 

The most important question though: has anyone figured out why Anything for Love is on the album and what it stands for? It's not even a song but not really an interlude either. Doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Sour Candy

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.