Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

In honour of 'Scary Movie VI' trailer dropping I am reminded of the infamous Mandela Effect of a famous quote from the 2nd instalment in the franchise...

"It's my strong hand" is not said in the scene that many people (myself included!) remember it supposedly being from. It's "Take my little hand"!

Other examples:

In Snow White the Evil Queen never says "Mirror Mirror on the wall"... she says "Magic Mirror on the wall".

Silence of the Lambs... Hannibal Lecter never even says "Hello Clarice".

One of C-3PO's legs in Star Wars is silver + it's not "Luke, I am your father!" it's "No, I am your father".

Do you know any more?

  • Replies 5
  • Views 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Darth Vader's Father line is the biggest for me, I still sometimes misremember it and I've seen it multiple times

Some others:

Wizard of Oz - 'I don't think we're in Kansas anymore' is actually 'I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore'

Jaws - 'We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' is actually 'You're'

Morbius also never says 'What if I told you...' in The Matrix

'Do you feel lucky punk', 'Play It Again, Sam' and 'Houston, we have a problem' are other famous quotes not actually said in that way.

I've never seen it but 'Beam Me Up, Scotty' is apparently never said to that effect ever in all of Star Trek!

44 minutes ago, Chez Wombat said:

I think Darth Vader's Father line is the biggest for me, I still sometimes misremember it and I've seen it multiple times

Some others:

Wizard of Oz - 'I don't think we're in Kansas anymore' is actually 'I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore'

Jaws - 'We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' is actually 'You're'

Morbius also never says 'What if I told you...' in The Matrix

'Do you feel lucky punk', 'Play It Again, Sam' and 'Houston, we have a problem' are other famous quotes not actually said in that way.

I've never seen it but 'Beam Me Up, Scotty' is apparently never said to that effect ever in all of Star Trek!

I believe 'Houston, we have a problem' is actually said in the film - it was in real life that the actual quote was 'Houston, we've had a problem' (it was changed to make it clear that the problem was ongoing).

James Bond-Moonraker when Jaws falls in love with a girl who has metal teeth (braces) like him - but she never had braces!

In fact, in this film, Roger Moore actually says the line “play it again, Sam” in reference to Casablanca.

  • 1 month later...

In Crocodile Dundee, the line is "That's not a knife. THAT'S a knife!"

It's probably mis-remembered as "You call that a knife? This is a knife!" due to the Simpsons spoof a few years later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.