Jump to content

Girls Aloud - Out of Control (Deluxe Reissue: Blue Vinyl, Picture Disc & 3CD)

Featured Replies

Miss You Bow Wow - Sarah’s Version is out now!

Love it

  • Replies 580
  • Views 48.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Apparently Out of Control reissue is coming quite soon! And 'Miss You Bow Wow (Sarah's Version)' will apparently be the first release?? Exciting if this is true!

  • When they labeled the 'Tangled Up' reissue as a Deluxe, rather than the 20th Anniversary Version (and decided not to wait until next year), I did half wonder if they'd aim to get this out of the way b

  • ^^^ Interestingly a little while before the Untouchable music video premiere, a TV guide that showed what date/time/channel this would air on, had a description along the lines of "Watch the premiere

Posted Images

The song also seems to have been removed from Spotify... Wonder if they planned to release it tomorrow but it somehow got put on a day early?

I wonder how their team messed up with releasing it a week too early! Roll on 1st October, which is presumably the date that the pre-orders for the album will go live.

1st October lines up with their usual 7 week run in between the announcement and the release!

Just thinking about what colour vinyl we might get for this...

In my head, I've always seen it as a yellow vinyl. I think that's mostly because Kimberley's dress really pops on the cover... The other obviously colours I would say are pink (the "out of control" title text, though pink was used for Chemistry) and blue feels fairly prominent too (but that was used for WWTNS). I guess they could go for a black or a white vinyl too, but my head feels yellow is the one to go for!

Any thoughts on ideal colours for the regular LP?

On 25/09/2026 at 19:01, Alouders on Reddit said:

Another thing, let's hope for signed copies of OOC. They did with WWTNS.

They didn't on their official store thinking

On 28/09/2026 at 15:30, Juranamo said:

Any thoughts on ideal colours for the regular LP?

I could also picture it being yellow, or white! I'll be surprised if they go with pink or blue again.

Pre-order should be up in just over 2 hours... exciting! I'm curious to see what the picture disc will look like too.

Oh no, it's a blue vinyl haha. Still looks alright!

Just realised the husband ordered my Tangled Up vinyl, so my birthday discount from last year was still valid! Amazing... Can't complain at £2.59 off 🤣

Edited by Juranamo

Was it ever confirmed anywhere that 'Rolling Back the Rivers in Time' was planned to be a single, or was that just a rumour?

If it was the latter, I think we have confirmation now that a single release was intended at some point in time. 🤣 (Track 5 on Disc 2 being 'Rolling Back the Rivers in Time [James Reynolds Unreleased Single Mix]')

'Miss You Bow Wow' is probably my favourite Girls Aloud song ever. Just heard Sarah's version and I'm not that keen on it, just sounds too disjointed. Maybe I'm just too used to the original but yeah I don't think I'll be going back to Sarah's version sadly!

8 minutes ago, Mangø said:

'Miss You Bow Wow' is probably my favourite Girls Aloud song ever. Just heard Sarah's version and I'm not that keen on it, just sounds too disjointed. Maybe I'm just too used to the original but yeah I don't think I'll be going back to Sarah's version sadly!

Yeah, I think they really got the structure perfect with the album version!

This is essentially a solo Sarah version but with the verses/choruses on shuffle (I think, it sounded like only Sarah to me, but the vocal mixing seems a little odd... Even the "I remember living the dream" bits sound like they've been faffed around with, when they were perfect before really!)... I think it would have worked better keeping the structure the same as before, but maybe that's just because we're so familiar with the original as you say!

^^^ Interestingly a little while before the Untouchable music video premiere, a TV guide that showed what date/time/channel this would air on, had a description along the lines of "Watch the premiere of their new video Rolling Back the Rivers in Time". It wasn't long until it became apparent that the third single was actually Untouchable. The fanbase wrote it off as a mistake more so than a changing of minds. We never learned about a single mix back then.

Unfortunately this little nugget of info is lost to time on Popjustice! It's just stored in my brain now x

So it's very interesting to finally find out that there was a moment that they were strongly considering Rolling Back the Rivers in Time as a single! 😮 Really looking forward to hearing it and if it's much different from the album version.

Pre-ordered all 3 formats and sticker sheet! 6 weeks to go until we have a full collection of Girls Aloud studio albums on vinyl. wub Dreamt of that being a possibility for sooooo many years.

I'm still annoyed that I missed the Chemistry sticker sheet because of the randomly extremely limited run of them x

I like Rolling Back The Rivers and it makes sense it was considered, as it was track 3 on the album, the production on the album version doesn't sound very punchy for a single so I'll be interested to hear that intended single release.

They probably worried about fan reaction if they didn't release Untouchable as a single, although I could have done without the radio butcher, sorry, mix.

I've just listened to (the first 9 tracks of) Out Of Control for the first time in ages. I'd never noticed just how little Nadine appears beyond 2 of the singles...She asks for tings and oh oh ohs a bit but that's about it. I think Kimberley's on this one more than Nadine.

Looking forward to the new vault tracks and alternate versions. I'm still well into the Tangled Up reissue as well right now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.