Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 818
  • Views 42.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

22 :up: (from 24) Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/WIGCD205.JPG

 

Chart Run: 52-27-22-24-22 [5 wks]

 

Release date: 6-4-2009

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: RUG325CD

Label: DOMINO

 

There was no shortage of new post-punk inspired outfits emerging in the early 2000's. However, Scottish band Franz Ferdinand had a slightly different take on things, bearing the marked influence of countrymen Josef K and Orange Juice as well as usual suspects like the Fall and Gang of Four. They also managed to turn those angular guitars and dance-rock rhythms into something undeniably catchy and commercial, becoming one of the most popular new groups in the world with their self-titled debut album. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2003 44 Darts Of Pleasure

2004 03 Take Me Out

2004 08 Matinee

2004 17 Michael

2005 04 Do You Want To

2005 13 Walk Away

2006 14 The Fallen

2006 30 Eleanor Put Your Boots On

2009 20 Ulysses

2009 22 No You Girls

 

Album Discussion Here

Does anyone else think La Roux will be #2 or #3?

Probably #04. Could be #05 though if knocked down by Ciara though.

This song is so annoying!

How many times does he sing 'through all of the devilish things we do'? :mellow: Gah.

 

It's a repetitive song, but not in an annoying way like 'Wrong', 'Halo' and 'Single Ladies'.

 

FRANZ NOT TOP 20 :(

Probably #04. Could be #05 though if knocked down by Ciara though.

 

Combine the regular and Skream versions of La Roux and they've been ahead of Ciara, Rahman/PCD and Lady GaGa I think all week on iTunes.

Well I thought No You Girls will outpeak Ulysses but I guess because if the early download sales it couldn't go higher.
Too bad No You Girls will not go Top 20, personally I think it's their best song since Take Me Out

I really wanted this to reach top 20 this week!

Still don't think it's as good as Ulysses though...<_<

It's a repetitive song, but not in an annoying way like 'Wrong', 'Halo' and 'Single Ladies'.

 

FRANZ NOT TOP 20 :(

 

Don't put 'Wrong' in the same bracket, it does use the word cleverly in the lyrics...

 

I love this Franz song, it deserved to outpeak the average 'Ulysses' but it's done far better anyway.

Good to see Franz Ferdinand's single (which guitar riff rips off of Roxy Music's 1979 title track of their Manifesto album) has climbed.
It's a repetitive song, but not in an annoying way like 'Wrong', 'Halo' and 'Single Ladies'.

 

FRANZ NOT TOP 20 :(

Halo and Single ladies aren't annoying!

 

I don't even think Halo is that repetative?

Halo and Single ladies aren't annoying!

 

I don't even think Halo is that repetative?

 

Me neither - I don't think she says "Halo" 69 times either, I'ma count.

21 (15) Kings Of Leon – Use Somebody

22 (24) Franz Ferdinand – No You Girls

23 (17) Just Jack – Embers (D)

24 (**) Depeche Mode – Wrong

25 (32) Jason Mraz – I’m Yours

26 (21) Prodigy – Omen

27 (20) The Saturdays – Just Can’t Get Enough

28 (31) Pink – Please Don’t Leave Me (D)

29 (25) Alesha Dixon – Breathe Slow

30 (27) Kings Of Leon – Sex On Fire

31 (18) K.I.G. – Head Shoulders Kneez And Toez

32 (29) Shontelle – T-Shirt

33 (39) Tinchy Stryder feat. Taio Cruz – Take Me Back

34 (30) Kid Cudi vs. Crookers – Day ‘N’ Nite

35 (45) Britney Spears – If U Seek Amy (D)

36 (56) Bat For Lashes – Daniel

37 (26) Beyoncé – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

38 (38) Lady Sovereign – So Human

39 (46) James Morrison – Please Don’t Stop The Rain (D)

40 (48) The Killers – Human

 

KOL falling quite fast, I though they'd have spent another few weeks T20?

Edited by Slowpoke

Halo and Single ladies aren't annoying!

 

I don't even think Halo is that repetative?

 

'Single Ladies' is easily the most annoying song of recent times I'd say...

  • Author

21 :down: (from 15) Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/88697412182.JPG

 

Chart Run: 29-29-38-48-50-30-25-21-17-15-10-2-7-5-6-5-8-8-10-11-12-3-7-11-8-10-15-15-21 [29 wks]

 

Release date: 8-12-2008

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 88697412182

Label: COLUMBIA

 

Though Tennessee's Kings of Leon are a rock band from the south, that doesn't mean they're a Southern Rock band. The Followill brothers Caleb, Jared, and Nathan (along with their cousin Matthew) play a straight-ahead, hard-driving brand of rock & roll that owes more to Crazy Horse and the Rolling Stones than it does to Molly Hatchet. Their debut album, 2003's YOUTH & YOUNG MANHOOD showed them to be an earthier equivalent to garage-rock contemporaries like the White Stripes and the Strokes. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. Use Somebody

2. Knocked Up [Lykke Li vs Rodeo mix]

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2003 53 Holy Roller Novocaine EP

2003 22 What I Saw EP

2003 23 Molly's Chambers

2003 51 Wasted Time

2004 61 California Waiting

2004 16 The Bucket

2005 24 Four Kicks

2005 41 King Of The Rodeo

2007 18 On Call

2007 13 Fans

2008 01 Sex On Fire

2008 02 Use Somebody

2009 29 Revelry

#22 is a reasonable peak for this Franz Ferdinand track. Although the song is great, "Ulysses" did only #20 and was way better so I like the current turnover.

Kings Of Leon are also brilliant but it's about time for them to leave the upper regions with this tune.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.