BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> bjsc:xxv__ (banlist composition), come ere rude boi can u nom it up
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

THE BANNING PERIOD

The Gist
  • You PM me (Tyron, taking over briefly from an laptop-deprived Casey) with THREE songs that you feel are too cheap for the next contest (XXV).
  • These songs could be anything - current chart hits (like Jason Derulo - In My Head?) or future releases that most of BJ will have already have heard if they get entered (e.g. Sabrina Washington - OMG?)
  • Just don't be stupid and nominate things just because someone you don't like is considering them etc.
  • As it's a rolling banlist, the songs which were banned last month are banned for this month as well. They are: Gabriella Cilmi - On A Mission, Goldfrapp - Rocket, Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed and Diana Vickers - Once. Don't nominate them for this month, as they are already banned.
  • Oh yeah, sending banlist nominations is completely optional.
  • Depending on how many nominations we get, we'll decide how many nominations it takes to get something banned. However, we'll work provisionally with the number of three nominations to get something banned, kk?
  • Don't bother nominating songs that are already banned. These include entries that are: by artists in the top 3 of the previous contest (Hi Delphic, Tinashe and Leighton Meester! I'm sure Buzzjack was just DYING to send you, but you'll have to wait until XXVI.); the first two singles of the current era of any artists with a Buzzjack artist forum; Eurovision entries past, present, or future (but songs that are already out of contention for this year's contest - i.e. having been confirmed to not be potential entries for their nations - are up for grabs and therefore potentially listable).
  • You have until Sunday 14th March 2010, 9pm to get your nominations in. The Artist Reservation thread will probably be opened by Casey at some point after that, or maybe me depending on how his computer situation is. Either way, don't start bitching on me to open it or give you a definitive time because I don't know either way. Oh, and the whole not giving a definitive time thing worked pretty well last month, so maybe you should just consider not considering someone who's likely to be sent by about four other people.
  • Oh yes, don't discuss your nominations publicly or I'll have to get medieval upon thine rears.
  • Any questions? Good. Just ask if you have any. Get sending noms.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th March 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I honestly haven't got a clue what looks to do well chart-wise and stuff to make it seem cheap or whatever. I think I may give the banlist a miss this month!

EDIT: I actually can think of three... So you'll be getting my PM in about 20 seconds ;o

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Interestingly Jon, those were the three I thought of as well!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th March 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

don't forget about Starry Eyed being banned too...as if it would do anything heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 9 2010, 04:10 PM) *
don't forget about Starry Eyed being banned too...as if it would do anything heehee.gif

Oh, I thought I'd forgotten one! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th March 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?

voted, hopefully other people go for the same three songs heehee.gif one might do bugger all here but the other two would be in contention for the win I reckon...

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #7
Group icon
DROTTNING!

I can confirm that in the space of three nominations, we already have two songs provisionally banned kink.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th March 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?

laugh.gif good to see we're all thinking along the same lines again!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 9th March 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

OK i've sent my noms, but please forget about the 4th one...I haven't paid attention to 3 songs only rule smile.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 9th March 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

thanks for clarifying that for me Tyron wub.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
DROTTNING!

I can announce that Kate Nash - Do Wah Doo and Cascada - Pyromania have already been banlisted beyond reasonable doubt (i.e. even if we have loads of votes, I think four is pretty clear?). So yeah, future nommers don't need to nom them.

Oh, and for the record you don't have to use all three nominations if you don't want to drama.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th March 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #12
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Oh, and just to remind people: Sophie Ellis-Bextor has an artist forum, so you don't need to nominate Bittersweet. kk?

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th March 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Tyron @ Mar 9 2010, 04:25 PM) *
I can announce that Kate Nash - Do Wah Doo and Cascada - Pyromania have already been banlisted beyond reasonable doubt (i.e. even if we have loads of votes, I think four is pretty clear?). So yeah, future nommers don't need to nom them.

Oh, and for the record you don't have to use all three nominations if you don't want to drama.gif

Kate would have won it I think, without too much hassle. Cascada's song is I think more BuzzJack friendly than their usual stuff and would have come top ten at the very least.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 9th March 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Oh I nominated Kate Nash. Will not bother with changing it, sticking with 2. happy.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 9th March 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Well, that saves me nominating Kate Nash. Didn't even consider Cascada actually. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th March 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Tyron @ Mar 9 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Oh, and just to remind people: Sophie Ellis-Bextor has an artist forum, so you don't need to nominate Bittersweet. kk?
Is Flop-hie still going? mellow.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th March 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Oh I just nommed and didn't realise Cascada & Kate Nash had been nommed LOL. sad.gif

Edit: LOL I nominated Sophie as well!! Epic failure for me then. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Jack: 9th March 2010, 10:08 PM

+Quote this post
Silas
post 9th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Shock, horror i have voted.

There are two songs i think this contest could without

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 9th March 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394

Hmm.. I don't think we need 6 days to work this out though. Two songs has already been banned in just a few hours.

And just for the record, if the reservation thread is to be opened next week, and the confirmation thread a week after that, (then we count a week for the semi finals, and a week for the final show) wouldn't that make the final results on about the 10th-11th of April? And the XXVI in mid May?

Not to moan or anything though smile.gif Just wondering smile.gif

+Quote this post
cassius__
post 9th March 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #20
Group icon
equally cursed & blessed
User: 6,654

QUOTE(Freeze @ Mar 9 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Hmm.. I don't think we need 6 days to work this out though. Two songs has already been banned in just a few hours.

And just for the record, if the reservation thread is to be opened next week, and the confirmation thread a week after that, (then we count a week for the semi finals, and a week for the final show) wouldn't that make the final results on about the 10th-11th of April? And the XXVI in mid May?

Not to moan or anything though smile.gif Just wondering smile.gif

There won't be a week each for both Reservation and Confirmation, I think people have had enough time over the last couple of weeks to get a firm idea of what they're wanting to send. The final will most probably be the weekend of Easter.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:41 AM