BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC XLI: Predicta, Come and have a go!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Feb 5 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Hi everyone smile.gif
Here is the predicta for the upcoming final of the first Buzzjack Song Contest of this year - BJSC XLI!

Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its first ever win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Syndare get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

Bonus Question 5a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Kluminican Republic -> Scherzland
Scherzland -> Kluminican Republic
Mdice -> Ashton
Ashton -> Mdice
Daehun -> Ramrynia
Ramrynia -> Daehun

Bonus Question 5b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Espen -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Espen
Kopecka -> Bignia-Zaragovina
Bignia-Zaragovina -> Kopecka
Numayania -> Allecian
Allecian -> Numayania

Bonus Question 6 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Budtar:
Fljotavik:
B.a.N.G:

Bonus Question 7 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 8 points if you predicted all countries in this section correctly, regardless of their actual position within the section]

I hope that is all OK, and let me know if anything needs changing smile.gif
Good luck predicting! biggrin.gif

Of course, you can predict up until the final which will take place sometime over the weekend of the 11th-12th February. The results will be announced sometime after that! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ryan741: Feb 5 2012, 01:23 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Feb 5 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
Yay, I'm in a question! Interesting pairings laugh.gif I'll do this soon.

+Quote this post
Freeze
post Feb 5 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394
Too bad I can't do this now sad.gif But tbh/tbf the host should always be included in Bonus question 6!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 5 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Freeze @ Feb 5 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Too bad I can't do this now sad.gif But tbh/tbf the host should always be included in Bonus question 6!

Sorry sad.gif You can do it if you want - I'll delete it. I won't be able to post the results for a while afterwards anyway smile.gif

+Quote this post
Freeze
post Feb 5 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Ryan741 @ Feb 5 2012, 02:11 PM) *
Sorry sad.gif You can do it if you want - I'll delete it. I won't be able to post the results for a while afterwards anyway smile.gif

No no, don't delete it! ohmy.gif I meant I couldn't do the predicta since I am the host and have a lot of vital inside information about the contest, so I just gave you my opinion on Bonus question 6 heehee.gif

This post has been edited by Freeze: Feb 5 2012, 01:15 PM

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Feb 5 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
Interesting being paired up with Scherzland laugh.gif At least I'm in one of the questions though! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 5 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Freeze @ Feb 5 2012, 01:13 PM) *
No no, don't delete it! ohmy.gif I meant I couldn't do the predicta since I am the host and have a lot of vital inside information about the contest, so I just gave you my opinion on Bonus question 6 heehee.gif

Oh right!! biggrin.gif Sorry I didn't include you - if I do it next contest, I'll include you then!

This post has been edited by Ryan741: Feb 5 2012, 01:26 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 5 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Freeze @ Feb 5 2012, 01:10 PM) *

Why's that? ohmy.gif I always just picked three random countries for that question when I used to do the predicta.

Mdice -> Ashton is a really interesting one, I wonder what they'll think of Look Back after giving a 12 to Butterflies...

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 5 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Klumzee @ Feb 5 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Interesting being paired up with Scherzland laugh.gif At least I'm in one of the questions though! biggrin.gif

I tried to do the pairings so that countries that had entered similar tracks (yours and Scherzland were both dance-pop) to make it more interesting! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 5 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Hello?
Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

1. Ashton - Tone Damli - Look Back
2. Ramrynia - Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
3. Syndare - SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me
4. Numayania - The Storm - My Crown
5. Fljótavík - Foxes - Youth
6. FSR Rontvia - Prance Faris - Flares
7. Unovia - Dia Frampton - Billy The Kid
8. Séyetana - Nightwish - Turn Loose The Mermaids
9. Lievant - Mullyhaus feat. Little Neve White & The Snoopy Lads - Liar Liar
10. Botanikka - Ria Ritchie - Only One

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

202 Points

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Female soloist

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its first ever win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

No

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Syndare get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

Four

Bonus Question 5a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Mdice -> Ashton
Ashton -> Mdice
Daehun -> Ramrynia
Ramrynia -> Daehun

Bonus Question 5b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

Espen -> Caerfyrddia - 6 Points
Caerfyrddia -> Espen - 8 Points
Kopecka -> Bignia-Zaragovina - 0 Points
Bignia-Zaragovina -> Kopecka - 6 Points
Numayania -> Allecian - 0 Points
Allecian -> Numayania - 5 Points

Bonus Question 6 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Budtar: 27th
Fljotavik: 6th
B.a.N.G: 23rd

Bonus Question 7 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 8 points if you predicted all countries in this section correctly, regardless of their actual position within the section]

25. Allecian - Mercedes and I - Wintersnow
26. Kylienips - School of Seven Bells - The Night
27. Budtar – Marvin Priest feat. Wynter Gordon – Take Me Away
28. Hogan-Burg Republic - Emily Osment - All The Way Up
29. Scherzland - Vox Halo feat. LaDolla - Criminal
30. Greenfroze - Belanova - Mariposas
31. Sangria - Moonlight Breakfast - Still

+Quote this post
Freeze
post Feb 5 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Feb 5 2012, 02:20 PM) *
Why's that? ohmy.gif I always just picked three random countries for that question when I used to do the predicta.

Well.. I'm thinking, why not? ohmy.gif It's usually the most interesting country to predict, and being the host should deservedly warrant some fringe benefits biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh sad.gif

This post has been edited by Freeze: Feb 5 2012, 01:57 PM

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post Feb 5 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #12
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
I've always wanted to fill this out, but it would've been weird doing it before I was participating. laugh.gif

1. Ashton - Tone Damli - Look Back
2. Fljótavík - Foxes - Youth
3. Unovia - Dia Frampton - Billy the Kid
4. Ramrynia - Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
5. Syndare - Soso - Who's Gonna Love Me
6. FSR Rontvia - Prance Faris - Flares
7. Numayania - The Storm - My Crown
8. Séyetana - Nightwish - Turn Loose the Mermaids
9. Botanikka - Ria Ritchie - Only One
10. ChrIseland - Donkeyboy - City Boy

218 points

Female soloist

No

Kluminican Republic -> Scherzland - 2 points
Scherzland -> Kluminican Republic - 6 points
Mdice -> Ashton - 8 points
Ashton -> Mdice - 4 points
Daehun -> Ramrynia - 12 points
Ramrynia -> Daehun - 4 points

Espen -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Espen
Numayania -> Allecian
Allecian -> Numayania

Budtar: 27th
Fljotavik: 2nd
B.a.N.G: 13th

25. Allecian - Mercedes and I - Wintersnow
26. Tinnmark - Andremo feat. Coco - Music is Turning Me On
27. Budtar - Marvin Priest feat. Wynter Gordon - Take Me Away
28. Greenfroze - Belanova - Mariposas
29. Sangria - Moonlight Breakfast - Still
30. Hogan-Burg Republic - Emily Osment - All the Way Up
31. Scherzland - Vox Halo feat. LaDolla - Criminal

+Quote this post
LexC
post Feb 5 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

1.Ashton: Tone Damli - Look Back
2.Ramrynia: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
3.Syndare: SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me
4.FSR Rontvia: Prance Faris - Flares
5.Fljotavik: Foxes - Youth
6.Numayania: The Storm - My Crown
7.ChrIseland: Donkeyboy - City Boy
8.Mdice: MNDR - #1 in Heaven
9.Kopečka: Lena Philipsson - Live Tomorrow (Sthlm Mix)
10.Unovia: Dia Frampton - Billy The Kid

Female Soloist

No

Two

Kluminican Republic -> Scherzland - 0
Scherzland -> Kluminican Republic -
Mdice -> Ashton - 5
Ashton -> Mdice - 7
Daehun -> Ramrynia - 12
Ramrynia -> Daehun - 10

Espen -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Espen
Numayania -> Allecian
Allecian -> Numayania

Budtar: 31st
Fljotavik: 5th
B.a.N.G: 20th

25.Bignia-Zaragivina: Britt Daley - One and Only
26.Sangria: Moonlight Breakfast - Still
27.Allecian: Mercedes & I - Wintersnow
28.Scherzland: Vox Halo feat. LaDolla - Criminal
29.Hogan-Burg Republic: Emily Osment - All the Way Up
30.Greenfroze: Belanova - Mariposas
31.Budtar: Marvin Priest feat. Wynter Gordon - Take Me Away

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Feb 5 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

01. Ashton - Tone Damli - Look Back
02. Ramrynia - Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
03. Syndare - SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me
04. FSR Rontvia - Prance Faris - Flares
05. Numayania - The Storm - My Crown
06. Fljótavík - Foxes - Youth
07. Unovia - Dia Frampton - Billy The Kid
08. ChrIseland: Donkeyboy - City Boy
09. Séyetana - Nightwish - Turn Loose the Mermaids
10. Batidas - Studio Killers - Ode To The Bouncer

219 Points

Female soloist

No

Three

Mdice -> Ashton
Ashton -> Mdice
Daehun -> Ramrynia
Ramrynia -> Daehun

Espen -> Caerfyrddia = 5 pts
Caerfyrddia -> Espen = 8 pts
Kopecka -> Bignia-Zaragovina = 0 pts
Bignia-Zaragovina -> Kopecka = 5 pts
Numayania -> Allecian = 0 pts
Allecian -> Numayania = 3 pts

Budtar: 24th
B.a.N.G: 20th

25. Tinnmark : Andremo feat. Coco - Music is turning me on
26. Scherzland : Vox Halo feat. LaDolla - Criminal
27. Bignia-Zaragovina : Britt Daley - One and only
28. Allecian : Mercedes and I - Wintersnow
29. Sangria : Moonlight Breakfast - Still
30. Lievant : Mullyhaus feat. Little Neve White & The Snoopy Lads - Liar liar!
31. Hogan-Burg Republic : Emily Osment - All the way up

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 5 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

1. Ashton: Tone Damli - Look Back
2. Ramyrnia: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
3. Syndare: SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me
4. Numayania: The Storm - My Crown
5. FSR Rontvia: Prance Faris - Flares
6. Fljótavík: Foxes - Youth
7. Unovia: Dia Frampton - Billy The Kid
8. Batidas: Studio Killers - Ode To The Bouncer
9. Séyetana: Nightwish - Turn Loose The Mermaids
10. Kopečka: Lena Phillipsson - Live Tomorrow (Sthlm Mix)

Female Soloist

No

Kluminican Republic -> Scherzland 07
Scherzland -> Kluminican Republic 10
Mdice -> Ashton 03
Ashton -> Mdice 05
Daehun -> Ramrynia 12
Ramrynia -> Daehun 08

Espen -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Espen
Numayania -> Allecian
Allecian -> Numayania

Budtar: 28th
B.a.N.G: 18th

25. N-Lazone: Ian Carey & Rosette ft. Timbaland & Brasco - Amnesia
26. Scherzland: Vox Halo ft. LaDolla - Criminal
27. Tinmark: Andremo ft. Coco - Music Is Turning Me On
28. Budtar: Marvin Priest & Wynter Gordon - Take Me Away
29. Greenfroze: Belanova - Mariposas
30. Hogan-Burg Republic: Emily Osment - All The Way Up
31. Sangria: Moonlight Breakfast - Still

This post has been edited by Liаm: Feb 5 2012, 04:16 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 5 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?
I think we have a fairly conclusive idea of what the top two will be this month laugh.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 5 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
You never know... I think everyone sort of follows each other to a general consensus after a while. I dare say both are certainties for top 10, if not top 5 easily, but the likely voters for other tracks (such as SoSo) are the type to not bother with the odds threads etc.

edit: although I guess actually a lot of the countries that I'm referring to aren't in the contest now I think about it...

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 5 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

1. Ashton: Tone Damli - Look Back
2. Syndare: SoSo - Who's Gonna Love Me
3. Fljótavík: Foxes - Youth
4. Ramrynia: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
5. Séyetana: Nightwish - Turn Loose The Mermaids
6. Numayania: The Storm - My Crown
7. Unovia: Dia Frampton - Billy The Kid
8. Kopečka: Lena Phillipsson - Live Tomorrow (Sthlm Mix)
9. Batidas: Studio Killers - Ode To The Bouncer
10. Kluminican Republic: Paulina Rubio - Heat Of The Night

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it] 184

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be? - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points] Female Soloist

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its first ever win in this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise] Yes (covering bases here)

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Syndare get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one] 4

Kluminican Republic -> Scherzland - 0
Scherzland -> Kluminican Republic - 5
Mdice -> Ashton - 8
Ashton -> Mdice - 0
Daehun -> Ramrynia - 12
Ramrynia -> Daehun - 7

Espen -> Caerfyrddia
Caerfyrddia -> Espen
Numayania -> Allecian
Allecian -> Numayania

Budtar: 16th
Fljotavik: 3rd
B.a.N.G: 24th

25. Kylienips: School Of Seven Bells - The Night
26. Sangria: Moonlight Breakfast - Still
27. Lievant: Mollyhaus feat. Little Neve White & The Snoopy Lads - Liar Liar
28. Greenfroze: Belanova - Mariposas
29. Scherzland: Vox Halo ft. LaDolla - Criminal
30. Hogan-Burg Republic: Emily Osment - All The Way Up
31. Tinnmark: Andremo ft. Coco - Music Is Turning Me On

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 5 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Hello?
Hope Eyes' prediction doesn't come true, it would be the most crushing top ten miss that I'd have encountered, I adore Flares THAT much!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 5 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Oh my gosh, I just realised what I did! That's who I forgot in the top 10! laugh.gif

I'll stick with it, I think, it's good not to have them all the same, and I can envisage Flares missing out. I wouldn't be happy if I was right either, but perhaps it's a little experimental to get that much love.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:02 PM