BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Educating Greater Manchester, Channel 4 | Thursdays at 9pm
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klampus
post Sep 3 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #1
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

After the success of Educating Essex, and especially Educating Yorkshire, we now have Educating the East End which starts on Thursday 4th September at 9pm! Here's the press release:

Educating the East End captures every detail of life at Frederick Bremer School in Walthamstow, East London, from playground high jinks and inspirational lessons to life-changing friendships and events. The series follows the work of Head Teacher Jenny Smith, as she employs her vision and drive to lift the academic achievements at the school and the ambition of her students.

From Year 7 to Year 11, and from newly qualified teachers to old-hands, the series reveals what it's like to learn and teach in a hugely diverse school. Told with heart, honesty and humour, it celebrates the universally identifiable themes of adolescence and those pivotal pupil-teacher relationships that shape everyone's teenage years.

Educating Yorkshire was Channel 4's highest rating programme last year but will they be able to strike gold again like they did with Musharaf?

-x-

Thursdays have now become competitive, I have Chasing Shadows, Educating the East End and CBB that I'd like to watch drama.gif Whilst I don't think anything will be able to live up to Musharaf's episode, it should still have the other interesting 'stories' like the previous two series have done so I'm looking forward to it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Sep 3 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #2
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

EPISODE ONE

To kick off the series, viewers are introduced to new Head Teacher Jenny Smith, her stellar team of staff and some lively kids. The school's newest teacher, Mr Bispham, soon learns that teaching isn't always plain sailing, especially when it comes to educating Year 9 girls.

Tawny, one of the most vocal Year 9s, is focused on winning a place at the prestigious BRIT school for Performing Arts & Technology. Unfortunately, she's competing for a coveted place with her best friend Alice.

Being a teenager is hard enough, but 14-year-old Acacia has other things on her mind. With her mum sick in hospital it's up to the staff at Frederick Bremer to help her through.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Sep 3 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #3
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'm tempted to give this a watch as this school (and this area) is about ten-fifteen minutes away from where I live! I'm pretty sure I must've passed it before or recognise the uniform as well.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Sep 3 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Going to watch this.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 31 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #5
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

The 'Educating...' series has returned and has headed off to Wales with 'Educating Cardiff' starting last week. The show is on Channel 4 every Tuesday at 9pm!

This series features a school where, when the headteacher arrived in September 2011, it was one of the worst performing schools in the county. Yet, under her leadership, the proportion of pupils attaining five good GCSEs rose to 50% - up from 14% four years ago.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/educati...ginally-6285714

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 31 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I love watching these, it reminding me that teachers and students are similar in mist schools. I have a particular interest in this one as I trained in Cardiff schools.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Sep 1 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

The PE teacher/head of house is a bit of alright. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Aug 20 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #8
Feliz Navidadbod
Member No.: 19,585

Educating Greater Manchester starts 31st August at 9pm

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Oct 7 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #9
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

Been slowly watching the new Educating Greater Manchester, the first episode was particularly brilliant/heartwarming as we saw Rani, a Syrian refugee, adapting into life at a British school. An area that hasn't really been explored before in the media and what helps to make programmes like these so special.

+Quote Post
King Herodollo
post Oct 10 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

This is one of the best programmes on at the moment. It's so well put together. The head teacher and his staff seem to be doing a great job there. I'm always interested in the updates they put at the end,like the girl who didn't want to go to school as she was struggling after the death of her mother. At the end of that one,it was so pleasing to see she had passed 8 GCSEs and was now at college.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 11 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I've only seen the first programme in this series but it's good to see a programme that puts so much emphasis on the positive. The various series have shown just how many fantastic teachers there are in our schools.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Oct 12 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

I've been watching this series and it has been enjoyable to watch just like the other series. The Yorkshire one is my favourite still out of all the educating programmes, i'd put the Essex series in 2nd place. This Manchester series is on par with the London series in my opinion. I couldn't get too much into the Cardiff series but that was probably due to having to strain my ears to understand what was being said laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:52 PM