Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thursday Update Top 40 Only

 

 

Singles

 

1 Cher Lloyd

2 JLS

3 Wanted

4 Ed Sheeran

5 DJ Fresh

 

Top 10

6 David Guetta/Taio Cruz/Ludacris

8 Nicki Minaj

10 Rizzle Kicks

 

Top 20

Chris Brown/Justin Bieber

David Guetta/Flo Rida/Nicki Minaj

 

Top 30

22 Foster The People

Tinie Tempah/Wiz

26 Benny Benassi/Gary Go

29 Christina Perri

 

Top 40

Adele [sLY]

Eminem

Vato Gonzalez

Scouting For Girls

38 Swede Mason

39 Nicole

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Albums

 

1 Amy Winehouse [bTB]

2 Adele [21]

3 Amy Winehouse [Frank]

4 Beyonce

5 Adele [19]

 

Top 10

6 Lady Gaga [bTW]

Chase & Status

10 Chris Brown

 

Top 15

11 Rihanna

13 Take That

Pitbull

 

Top 20

16 Nicki Minaj

Mumford & Sons

 

Top 30

Viva Brother

Tinie Tempah

Plan B

The Vaccines

29 Foster The People

Example

 

Top 40

Foo Fighters [GH]

Rhydian

Pink [GH]

Bad Meets Evil

Bon Iver

 

NO SALES INFO

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

ARTIST UPDATES

 

 

Singles

Katy Perry 10+2

Adele 10+3

Example 10+9

Lady Gaga 20+5

Amy Winehouse [bTB] 20+10, [TDOTO] 30+10

J.Lo/Pitbull 20+8

Rihanna 30+4

 

 

Albums

Caro Emerald 5+3

Katy Perry 10+2

Jessie J 10+4

Amy Winehouse [Frank/BTB] 30+1

  • Replies 131
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing particularly interesting today but good to see Swede back up 2 :D

 

Where exactly has Someone Like You climbed to?

Edited by Bré

Nothing particularly interesting today but good to see Swede back up 2 :D

 

Where exactly has Someone Like You climbed to?

Up 2 from Sunday

Up 2 from Sunday

 

I could see it climbing one or two more places by Sunday. It's at #28 on iTunes currently.

 

'Otis' is #30 and has been top 40 all week, I'm surprised it's not top 40 in the mids. Must be the Now! 79 effect I guess?

Edited by Bré

Wouldn't Cher's #1 be the lowest #1 single this year by a song that goes #1 in its first time?

 

Eh?

Eh?

 

First time #1 as in, the songs first week at #1 and the lowest sales for a song that goes #1 on its first time there -_-

 

I know it's confusing :lol:

  • Author
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

 

PEOPLE BOUGHT THE FLIPPING TRACK DIDN'T THEY :(

 

I just had a thought - are Rizzle Kicks the first UK rap act to go top 10 (or even chart at all) who are *not* from London? No others immediately spring to mind :o

 

Ed Sheeran (Suffolk) is a rapper sometimes I suppose but his only top 10 so far is decidedly not rap - You Need Me, I Don't Need You is a bit though.

Edited by Bré

To be fair, I imagine it would be quite difficult to pursue a rap career if you don't live in London really. :lol:
I just had a thought - are Rizzle Kicks the first UK rap act to go top 10 (or even chart at all) who are *not* from London? No others immediately spring to mind :o

 

Ed Sheeran (Suffolk) is a rapper sometimes I suppose but his only top 10 so far is decidedly not rap - You Need Me, I Don't Need You is a bit though.

 

 

How about the first solo rap record to reach the Top 10 (and yes, this it is a little bit of a push calling it a rap record). The artist (who I won't name as it may be fun for some to guess who it was!) was from Merseyside but was heavily associated with London.

I guess Goldie Lookin' Chain would also qualify?
I guess Goldie Lookin' Chain would also qualify?

 

Ah, yes, that would be one. I was thinking Rizzle Kicks couldn't be the first :P

First time #1 as in, the songs first week at #1 and the lowest sales for a song that goes #1 on its first time there -_-

 

I know it's confusing :lol:

Lowest first week so far this year

71,309 Pitbull feat. Ne’Yo, Afrojack & Nayer Give Me Everything

 

She;s sold 30000 first day, so about 90-100K this week. not the lowest by a long way.

 

I just heard this song, why the hate?, its not that bad and I usually dislike most singles chart music these days.

Did she commit some crime or something?, what's the 'controversial bit?..I dont watch x factor, but can only find reports of her being a bit 'stroppy',( like shes the only pop act ever to be stroppy. )

 

 

I can see Cher doing about 65-70 this week.... The song has stopped selling so I would say 30k day 1, 10k day 2, 6k day 3, 6k day 4, 5k day 5, 7k day 6
To be fair, I imagine it would be quite difficult to pursue a rap career if you don't live in London really. :lol:

 

Without making generalisations, I take it a lot of young people in some of the poorer boroughs of London will probably seek a rap career as a way to make money due to the axing of education allowances, and the high unemployment rate. This is why there is a high turnover of rappers in London and a lot come from Hackney and Peckham.

  • Author

Friday Update Top 40 Only

 

 

Singles

 

1 Cher Lloyd

2 JLS

3 Wanted

4 Ed Sheeran

5 DJ Fresh

 

Top 10

6 David Guetta/Taio Cruz/Ludacris

8 Nicki Minaj

9 Rizzle Kicks

 

Top 15

Chris Brown/Justin Bieber

 

Top 20

David Guetta/Flo Rida/Nicki Minaj

 

Top 30

22 Foster The People

Tinie Tempah/Wiz

Christina Perri

25 Benny Benassi/Gary Go

 

Top 40

Adele [sLY]

Eminem

Scouting For Girls

37 Swede Mason

Vato Gonzalez

39 Jay-Z & Kanye West

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Albums

 

1 Amy Winehouse [bTB]

2 Adele [21]

3 Amy Winehouse [Frank]

4 Beyonce

5 Adele [19]

 

Top 10

6 Lady Gaga [bTW]

Chase & Status

10 Rihanna

 

Top 15

11 Chris Brown

13 Jessie J

Take That

Pitbull

 

Top 20

16 Nicki Minaj

Mumford & Sons

 

Top 30

Tinie Tempah

Plan B

Viva Forever

The Vaccines

29 Foster The People

 

Top 40

Example

Foo Fighters [GH]

Pink [GH]

Rhydian

Bad Meets Evil

Bon Iver

 

NO SALES INFO

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

ARTIST UPDATES

 

 

Singles

Katy Perry 10+2

Adele 10+3

Example 10+10

Lady Gaga 20+7

Amy Winehouse [bTB] 20+10,

J.Lo/Pitbull 20+9

Rihanna 30+4

Nicole 20+20

 

 

Albums

Caro Emerald 5+4

Katy Perry 10+2

Amy Winehouse [Frank/BTB] 30+5

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.