August 3, 201115 yr In the Sun today it says that Cher has a 12K lead over JLS. So what you're saying is she definitely does not have a 12k lead? Wow you really paid attention to the song! I just hated it because I just can't understand why anyone makes basically a cover of a song but makes it just slightly different to disguise it like "hey this is not a cover, this is our own track and very innovative". It's not a cover just because it has the same chorus. Edited August 3, 201115 yr by Bré
August 3, 201115 yr This goes very off topic but to me the whole body of the song IS 'I've had the Time of My Life' which might not literally mean it's a cover but it's everything the song relies on.
August 3, 201115 yr This goes very off topic but to me the whole body of the song IS 'I've had the Time of My Life' which might not literally mean it's a cover but it's everything the song relies on. But as you say there's a difference between a song being a cover and a song heavily relying on a sampled chorus. The difference being with the latter the performer could still get paid for songwriting credits.
August 3, 201115 yr So what you're saying is she definitely does not have a 12k lead? She actually could be, Musicweek did say she was ''far'' ahead of JLS..
August 3, 201115 yr Great to see Rizzle Kicks finally crack the T10 and no doubt Foster the People are set to re-peak after today. Will have to wait for BBC R1's Chart Update to find out the exact position.
August 3, 201115 yr 08 Nicki Minaj 10 Rizzle Kicks 16 Maverick Sabre 17 Chris Brown ft. Justin Bieber 22 Foster the People 25 Tinie Tempah ft. Wiz Khalifa 27 Benny Benassi ft. Gary Go 32 Christina Perri 35 Vato Gonzalez 37 Eminem 38 Scouting for Girls 39 Nicole Scherzinger 40 Swede Mason Edited August 3, 201115 yr by SLlewellyn
August 3, 201115 yr X Factor contestant Cher Lloyd is on course to score her first Official Number One with her debut single, according to today's Official Chart Update. Lloyd’s single Swagger Jagger has built up a hefty lead over JLS's She Makes Me Wanna in second place, currently selling 50% faster than the single by the fellow former X Factor boy band. http://www.theofficialcharts.com/
August 3, 201115 yr She actually could be, Musicweek did say she was ''far'' ahead of JLS.. I think you missed the sarcasm. He was just saying that, if it's in the Sun, it probably isn't true. As a general rule of thumb, that works pretty well.
August 3, 201115 yr This goes very off topic but to me the whole body of the song IS 'I've had the Time of My Life' which might not literally mean it's a cover but it's everything the song relies on. If you don't want to call to classify it as its own song, I think "remix" is probably a more accurate term. To me, I think of covers as things like most Glee Cast songs, or X Factor and charity songs, or recent chart hits like Make You Feel My Love by Adele and Your Song by Ellie Goulding. Songs were the artists sing exactly the same lyrics, (almost) identical melodies, tempos, and even instrumentals. In The Time, they wrote completely different lyrics for the verses, and the beat in the verses doesn't resemble the original at all imo, just the hook (as I said earlier, it more closely resembles the remix of Medina's You and I by deadmau5).
August 3, 201115 yr Still dont have a clue who's Swede Mason. ^_^ Wait, never mind. It won't be top 20 on sunday. :lol:
August 3, 201115 yr Still dont have a clue who's Swede Mason. ^_^ Wait, never mind. It won't be top 20 on sunday. :lol: He's a YouTube remixer/mash-up artist. And of course it won't make the top 20, how does that make it not relevant :lol:
August 3, 201115 yr He's a YouTube remixer/mash-up artist. And of course it won't make the top 20, how does that make it not relevant :lol: Sorry, it was a typo, I meant he won't make the top 40 on sunday. :lol:
August 3, 201115 yr Wouldn't Cher's #1 be the lowest #1 single this year by a song that goes #1 in its first time?
August 3, 201115 yr Sorry, it was a typo, I meant he won't make the top 40 on sunday. :lol: As long as Greg James plays it again tomorrow and Friday I see no reason why it'd fail to make the top 40. It's only two minutes anyway, you should listen (or watch the video anyway as it's not anywhere near as good without it): IfeyUGZt8nk :D
August 4, 201115 yr Jesus Christ, I can't actually believe that Cher thing is going to be #1. There's no chance of Paul McCartney or someone dying between now and Sunday is there? On that vague topic... I'm thinking this is probably Amy's last week at #1 on the albums sadly. The little hysteria there ever was has already pretty much died off, so I don't see her sales holding up too well. I just hope 'Frank' sells a fair bit before dropping off the radar again - it's far too good a piece of work to have only sold 600k or whatever it's done.
August 4, 201115 yr I just hope 'Frank' sells a fair bit before dropping off the radar again - it's far too good a piece of work to have only sold 600k or whatever it's done. It's well over a million.
Create an account or sign in to comment