September 18, 201313 yr Forgive me if this is a daft question but why are the top 40 midweeks different to the top 40 as listed in the top 100? I take it the top 100 is out of date, even though it's listed as this weeks chart? http://www.officialcharts.com/albums-chart/ Because the midweeks give an idea of what the *next* chart will look like. Whilst the chart from Sunday is the chart for 15-21 September, the sales that make it are actually from 8-14 September.
September 18, 201313 yr Forgive me if this is a daft question but why are the top 40 midweeks different to the top 40 as listed in the top 100? I take it the top 100 is out of date, even though it's listed as this weeks chart? http://www.officialcharts.com/albums-chart/ You must be new here :P The chart revealed on Sunday evening has sales from Sunday - Saturday from the week before. The midweeks revealed on Wednesday is just sales from Sunday - Tuesday and gives you a good idea of what the chart's gonna look like on Sunday. Hope that helps.
September 18, 201313 yr WTF did Derulo get all those sales from - he's *never* been that far ahead on iTunes? :unsure: Not sure - but I still doubt he'll do much over 150K as a large proportion of those sales will have been the pre-order ones that he 'sold' instantly at midnight - and he's probably only selling around 12K per day (given his lead over KP).
September 18, 201313 yr Not that new.......I just confused easily :o Thanks guys, good of you both to reply :)
September 18, 201313 yr Not sure - but I still doubt he'll do much over 150K as a large proportion of those sales will have been the pre-order ones that he 'sold' instantly at midnight - and he's probably only selling around 12K per day (given his lead over KP). He sold 16k yesterday.
September 18, 201313 yr Glad to see Christina Perri at #7. I think it'll drop down to #9 by the end of the week. Hopefully it won't get a #11 peak. D:
September 18, 201313 yr 'heading for his third UK No 1 single after In My Place'...lol at this, I'm sure not even Coldplay would let this happen Vile sales for Derulo, about 90k more than it should be on but best news of the week to see Avicii top 5 and Ben Pearce so close to the top 10!! And 8(!!) new albums in the top 10 is ridiculous though I imagine 2 or 3 of those will probably miss out
September 18, 201313 yr For some reason the Manics have been getting very good reviews - maybe that has something to do with it.
September 18, 201313 yr Thanks God for all the new album releases...looks like top 5 will be 20k+ for each position.
September 19, 201313 yr Not that all 8 of these albums will actually stay in the Top 10 by Sunday but does anyone know what the record is for most new entries in the album chart Top 10? I would imagine even 8 is extremely rare!
September 19, 201313 yr Apparently nobody likes Jason Derulo, yet he just keeps on having top 3 hits.
September 19, 201313 yr Not that all 8 of these albums will actually stay in the Top 10 by Sunday but does anyone know what the record is for most new entries in the album chart Top 10? I would imagine even 8 is extremely rare! I believe 8 is the record. Apparently nobody likes Jason Derulo, yet he just keeps on having top 3 hits. Or no-one *admits* to liking him, anyway... :P
September 19, 201313 yr Jason Derulo is kinda similar to the likes of Pitbull in that he himself, as an artist, is not THAT popular, he's just very good at making popular songs. Even Pitbull has his fanbase though so I'm sure there are quite a lot of Jason Derulo fans. He does have 2 top 10 albums.
September 19, 201313 yr I believe 8 is the record. Or no-one *admits* to liking him, anyway... :P Do you know when it last happened?
September 19, 201313 yr Do you know when it last happened? I can only see an occasion when 7 albums debuting in the top 10- not sure eight is the record unless someone knows better?
September 19, 201313 yr I can only see an occasion when 7 albums debuting in the top 10- not sure eight is the record unless someone knows better? I can't confirm it - I just have a vague recollection of it being mentioned in C+ at some point.
Create an account or sign in to comment