September 19, 201313 yr Nice sales for Avicii! ◢◤ Hopefully CHVRCHES can stay top 40 on Sunday! I hope so but I doubt it...Katy Perry and Linkin Park (which i heard today and love!!) could push them out which is annoying when crap like Talk Dirty can be a number 1 record but a beautiful track like TMWS could possibly miss the top 40 *sigh*
September 19, 201313 yr I hope so but I doubt it...Katy Perry and Linkin Park (which i heard today and love!!) could push them out which is annoying when crap like Talk Dirty can be a number 1 record but a beautiful track like TMWS could possibly miss the top 40 *sigh* God, anyone would think you dislike Talk Dirty...
September 19, 201313 yr God, anyone would think you dislike Talk Dirty... Whatever gave you that impression!! :P
September 19, 201313 yr I know this conversation was going on at the start of the topic, but being top 20 on an independent label as Diana is, is a fantastic achievement. I don't know why people are saying she got dropped, I know that parting ways "due to creative differences" usually does mean being dropped but I don't believe it is the case with Diana. It has been said on a number of websites that "Diana Vickers was RCA’s highest grossing domestic artist in 2010" so why would they want to drop their highest grossing artist of that year? Diana wanted to go into a different musical direction than what RCA wanted so that's why she decided to do it independently. Someone else made a good point about Alexandra getting top 20 who won Diana's series and had a major label promoting her. I am a big fan of Alexandra so I'm not being negative about her because I dislike her, but if Diana goes top 40 which looks to be very possible considering the midweek positions, with an independent label then that is fantastic in my opinion!
September 20, 201313 yr Author Midweek Charts update: Elton heading for top five Source: MW by Paul Williams Elton John could be heading for his highest-charting new studio album since 2001 with The Diving Board set for a top five entry. Although he topped the UK artist albums chart last year with Good Morning To The Night in conjunction with Pnau, he has not cracked the top five with a new studio set since Songs From The West Coast reached No 2 a dozen years ago. However, that looks likely to change this weekend with his new Mercury/Virgin EMI offering currently showing up as a enw entry at No 3 in the midweeks, according to the Official Charts Company, around a 1,000 sales ahead of Manic Street Preachers' newly-issued Columbia title Rewind The Film at No 4. Domino's Arctic Monkeys remain at No 1 with AM, while Avicii's debut Positiva/PRDM set True is new at 2. Elton John's album has no doubt been boosted by ITV last Friday evening screening a programme to mark him becoming the first ever winner of a Brits Icon Award. It captured him playing with his band at the London Palladium and chatting to host Dermot O'Leary about his life and career. There are three other brand new releases among the Top 10 positions at this stage of the week from Dramatico's Katie Melua, BMG-handled Deaf Havana and Brushfire/Island's Jack Johnson at positions 6, 7 and 8 respectively. Jason Derulo has already clocked up nearly 130,000 sales of the Warner Bros-issued Talk Diry with 2 Chainz week one on his way to his third UK No 1 single as Virgin act Katy Perry drops to 2 after two weeks ruling with Roar. Also new to the top five are brand new releases It's My Party by Universal's Jessie J at 3 and You Make Me Up by Positiva/PRMD's Avicii at 4. OneRepublic complete the top five at this stage of the week with their Interscope/Polydor cut You Make Me sliding 2-5. ================ Friday Update Top 40 Only Singles 1 Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz - Talk Dirty * (130k) 2 Katy Perry - Roar 3 Jessie J - It's My Party * 4 Avicii - You Make Me * 5 OneRepublic - Counting Stars 6-10 9 Christina Perri - A Thousand Years ^ 11-20 12 Ben Pearce - What I Might Do 16 Birdy - Wings * 19 The Wanted - We Own The Night ^ 21-30 24 Katy Perry feat. Juicy J - Dark Horse * 31-40 34 Chris Brown feat. Nicki Minaj - Love More 35 CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share * 38 Jason Derulo - The Other Side ^ 40 Demi Lovato - Skyscraper ^ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Albums 1 Arctic Monkeys - AM 2 Avicii - True * 3 Elton John - The Diving Board * (1,000 ahead of M.S.P.) 4 Manic Street Preachers - Rewind The Film * 5 London Grammar - If You Wait 6-10 6 Katie Melua - Ketevan * 7 Deaf Havana - Old Souls * 8 Jack Johnson - From Here To Now To You * 11-20 11 The Temperance Movement - The Temperance Movement * 12 Placebo - Loud Like Love * 21-30 23 Elvis Costello and The Roots - Wise Up Ghost * 26 Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry * 31-40 35 Carcass - Surgical Steel * 36 MGMT - MGMT * 38 Bill Callahan - Dream River * 39 OneRepublic - Native ^ NO SALES INFO
September 20, 201313 yr I'm very happy for CHVRCHES!!! They will be in the Top 40 on Sunday. Katy Perry with Dark Horse will be in The Top 20. She is very close..But I'm not sure if Christina Perri will remain in The Top 10. I hope she will not chart out of Top 10 again..
September 20, 201313 yr #26. Oh Diana! Looks like my Sunday prediction of #27 will have to be revised to #34 (which is where I thought it'd peak originally :drama:)
September 20, 201313 yr Looks like Diana's album will end up somewhere in the 30's, still it looks likely to chart higher then MGMT's new album which is flopping big time Edited September 20, 201313 yr by girl_from_oz
September 20, 201313 yr Author What? Linkin Park & Steve Aoki are not top 40? :o :( That track will probably make top 40 by Sunday, Demi Lovato is currently #40 and probably on the way out completely.
September 20, 201313 yr Author The following acts have left the top 40 from last week are Naughty Boy/Emeli Sande, Lethal Bizzle, Neon Jungle, Kanye West, Icona Pop/Charli XCX, Olly Murs (DD), Imagine Dragons, Daft Punk (GL), Will.i.am, Swedish House Mafia. Christina Perri will probably fall anywhere between Nos 11-15, with Macklemore and Klangkarussell ahead of her. The highest falling single of the week goes to Coldplay down to #36, Example is not that far behind. In the albums, with 13 new entries and and 6 of those inside the top 10, and oops I've omitted One Republic's album, jumps from #84 to #39, which I will add to the update in a mo.
September 20, 201313 yr Diana Vickers should stay top 40 now, 26 today indicates she is safe to achieve a second top 40 album. I am very surprised by the complete under-performance of MGMT,they have held a low position all week. Their debut album was fantastic but the follow up was a huge disappointment which i think has put many people off purchasing this like (me included). Dark horse by Katy Perry top 25 already, this era looks to match the success of her teenage dream era.
September 20, 201313 yr Linkin Park's song was only released a couple of days into the week (Tuesday I think?) and took a day or so to reach the iTunes top 40 so not surprised to see it not in the top 40 yet but I think it'll sneak in by Sunday unless it really plummets on iTunes today/tomorrow. Held up extremely well so far. CHVRCHES actually climbing from Wednesday somehow, even with Katy Perry/Juicy J overtaking :o They must be in a good position to hold onto the top 40 now. Maybe they'll do better again with their next single if they release 'Lies' since I seem to be the only person who prefers 'The Mother We Share' to that. Looks like 'A Thousand Years' is going to finish very close but not quite in the top 10 once again :(
September 20, 201313 yr Looks like Christina Perri is coming for Adele's and Jason Mraz's records for highest selling non-top 10 hit! :lol:
September 20, 201313 yr OneRepublic in the top 40 with their album (again?)? Fantastic news. Hope it can keep climbing as each week progresses! It really deserves that top 10 peak! CHVRCHES at #35 gives me more hope that they'll be top 40 come Sunday, but for some reason I'm really not seeing it and a #41 peak is on it's way! :( 'Dark Horse' coming for that top 20! Brilliant. I can see her eventually releasing this track as a single (like 'E.T.' et al). The hype and buzz surrounding this has been very positive! Also Jason absolutely smashing it too! Excellent. :wub: 'Get Lucky' out of the top 40... brilliant. So bored of that song now and due to getting bored of it, I hate their new single. I have no idea why I dislike it as much as I do, considering it's not really inoffensive or anything, I just can't bear to listen to it!
September 20, 201313 yr The following acts have left the top 40 from last week are Naughty Boy/Emeli Sande, Lethal Bizzle, Neon Jungle, Kanye West, Icona Pop/Charli XCX, Olly Murs (DD), Imagine Dragons, Daft Punk (GL), Will.i.am, Swedish House Mafia. So we could have TEN new entries into the Top 40? Bet that hasn't happened for a while!
September 20, 201313 yr Hopefully Christina Perri can just hold on to #10, but unlikely. Although, maybe it'll be used on X-factor on Saturday?! I do hope so! Or any other highly watched TV program!! Glad to see 1R's album rising a bunch! Great album and deserves a lot more success! :D
September 20, 201313 yr So we could have TEN new entries into the Top 40? Bet that hasn't happened for a while! Only six of the entries are new at this stage.
September 20, 201313 yr Duh, I didn't even consider re-entires! I did think it was strange that there were ten brand new songs out this week that could all go Top 40!
September 20, 201313 yr Aw Naya Rivera still not top 40 :( Ahh well, Tuesday release and #37 peak on iTunes, was to be expected really. :P
Create an account or sign in to comment