Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 195
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Britney songs in the Top 30 - That's not something I thought I'd ever see, shame both will free fall shortly.
I've never understood what a grat is, can someone explain it please. :huh:

 

Instant download of a track when you pre-order an album however the song can be purchased without pre-ordering the album so makes it a bit of a mess TBH.

yes it's an incentive to make people buy the album, so if you preorder it then you get the song for free, but this doesn't count towards the charts (although it used to bizarrely!!)

but you can also buy the song properly and without preordering the album and then if does count towards the charts

SO happy to see Britney back in the top 30! I didn't think I'd see her have two entries that high at the same time again, either! :heart: Really hope she can take advantage of the low sales and manage to get a top 3 album!
SO happy to see Britney back in the top 30! I didn't think I'd see her have two entries that high at the same time again, either! :heart: Really hope she can take advantage of the low sales and manage to get a top 3 album!

She MUST be able to get a Top 10 with this album. The #10 album last week sold 5k, so surely she must sell at least that. Even Britney Jean sold 13k in its first week. :D

She MUST be able to get a Top 10 with this album. The #10 album last week sold 5k, so surely she must sell at least that. Even Britney Jean sold 13k in its first week. :D

 

Judging by the singles performance in the UK I guess the best we can hope for is 9-37-87-Out with the album :nocheer:

:up: 11 Twenty One Pilots - Heathens :w00t:

:up: 15 The Chainsmokers - Closer :wub:

 

Calum moving back into the Top 20 with the Tiesto remix of DOMO too

yes it's an incentive to make people buy the album, so if you preorder it then you get the song for free, but this doesn't count towards the charts (although it used to bizarrely!!)

but you can also buy the song properly and without preordering the album and then if does count towards the charts

Not exactly. At that time iTunes was unable to differentiate between normal sales and the sales from preorders of the album, so the instant grats were ineligible to chart until the album was released. This was changed by the OCC when the David Bowie album The Next Day was put on pre-order, so the first instant grat Where Are We Now could chart. From that time on the first instant grats were eligible to chart (not the second, third etc though). 1 or 2 years later suddenly iTunes was able to differentiate between the normal buys and the buys from pre-orders and there we are, instant grats can chart, although presumably without the sales from the pre-orders of the album.

Presumably most people still think it's out tomorrow as originally planned

It was always planned for the 4th (today).

 

I hope it gets promoted on iTunes

Hopefully Olly, Snakehips, and Usher will be 59p in the next update to give them all a sale boost
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.