April 7, 20179 yr I wonder if they'll be playing a radio edit of the Harry Styles track? They didn't during his interview on Radio 1 this morning but I'd be surprised if they didn't get a shorter radio edit going forward, I can't imagine Radio 1 (and particularly Capital actually) being happy to play an almost 6-minute song in full all the time! :lol:
April 7, 20179 yr Seeing as SOY has been removed, does this mean that it's the first time they've removed a song while it's #1 or is it spoiling us that he won't be #1 today? I remember "One Dance" was removed the day it was knocked off the top
April 7, 20179 yr Ariana, Kendrick & Stormzy :wub: :wub: :wub: Probably my favourite playlist additions of all time. The J Hus track isn't too bad either.
April 7, 20179 yr Capital will not move this to power rotation unless they get a shorter edit. There will be a short radio edit of around 3 mins long. If there's not, then they will be likely to get the knife out and butcher it themselves.
April 7, 20179 yr There will be a short radio edit of around 3 mins long. If there's not, then they will be likely to get the knife out and butcher it themselves. I think Capital already have a radio edit to play so I assume Radio 1 will have one too!
April 7, 20179 yr I couldn't have imagined they'd snub Ariana, but that seems like a strangely late addition! YAY for Disciples and Louisa moving up. I hope this helps the latter out somewhat.
April 7, 20179 yr Money - Riton and co is nowhere near as good as Betta Riddim imo but it is at least much better imo than the awful Rinse and Repeat. It does make me sad that Betta Riddim wasn't added to the playlist, guessing the reason Money has been added as it is more tropical and R&B sounding, fitting more with trends. Edited April 7, 20179 yr by Вuzzjack
April 7, 20179 yr With Shape Of You still :no1: and there being only 15 spots on the A-List compared to 16 last week, I think the removal is a mistake.
April 7, 20179 yr Was there not only 16 on the a-list because the Ed songs shared a spot? Can't blame them for taking Shape of You off anyway, they definitely seem to be pushing for a Harry #1 next Friday!
April 9, 20179 yr Yeah, I recall there being just 15 on the A-list until the likes of Drake and Ed had two songs A-listed simultaneously.
April 9, 20179 yr Where the feck are Gorillaz? The music is totally up Radio 1's street and they have given them spot plays already, starting to worry though as still no sign. Are they being snubbed because of Damon's 90s dadrock association? They've supported Fatboy Slim, Dr Dre and the Chemical Brothers in the last four years so can't see why they would ignore Gorillaz, who are DEFINITELY not Radio 2able. Edited April 9, 20179 yr by 34yopoppicker
April 9, 20179 yr Where the feck are Gorillaz? The music is totally up Radio 1's street and they have given them spot plays already, starting to worry though as still no sign. Are they being snubbed because of Damon's 90s dadrock association? They've supported Fatboy Slim, Dr Dre and the Chemical Brothers in the last four years so can't see why they would ignore Gorillaz, who are DEFINITELY not Radio 2able. Apart from a few songs, Radio 1 still occasionally abide by impact dates and Gorillaz's new music hasn't exactly set the charts alight. Radio 1 will probably playlist one of the songs closer to the album release.
April 9, 20179 yr Hope so. There's tonnes of things Radio 1 get behind that don't do anything chart-wise. Two Weeks by FKA Twigs, one of the best songs of 2014, got to about #189, and hardly any of the guitar bands they play ever go top 100. Gorillaz are too exciting and important to be left to 6 Music. The fact that Damon has been in with MistaJam bodes well, but then again La Roux debuted Uptown Downtown on Zane a few years ago and that was snubbed completely playlist-wise. That was far more Radio 2able though. At least Gorillaz have cracked the Top 100! Edited April 9, 20179 yr by 34yopoppicker
April 9, 20179 yr I'm surprised also that Linkin Park hasn't been given full support either (Tune Of The Weekend a while back ago) as well while we are at artists taking ever so long to be added. Perhaps they are also waiting for the album.
April 9, 20179 yr I am happy that Radio 1's attitude towards older acts has changed over recent years. Much more acts in their late 30s/40s doing vibrant/relevant R1-friendly stuff than there were when I was firmly in the target audience. If someone had told me in 2003 that Craig David, Sia, Sean Paul and Coldplay would be huge Radio 1 acts in 2017 I'd have said they were insane. Was great to see Go by the Chems become such a R1 banger too. Edited April 9, 20179 yr by 34yopoppicker
April 10, 20179 yr I'm surprised also that Linkin Park hasn't been given full support either (Tune Of The Weekend a while back ago) as well while we are at artists taking ever so long to be added. Perhaps they are also waiting for the album. I'm with this totally! Both Battle Symphony and Heavy were bangers and definitely had a lot of hit potential (Heavy nearly charted in the top 40 in its own right without any radio support) - I hope that they push a single from the album when it comes out.
Create an account or sign in to comment