Jump to content

Featured Replies

What a poor start to the chart -_- I'm pretty sure that this is still my least favourite #1 of the year. If 'Three Lions' gets there today then that might just be my new favourite *.*
  • Replies 299
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, I still really like this. It's easily my favourite of the three songs Rudimental have released from their new album.
did he mention how many newies we have? (missed the first minute)

39 | :up: 44 | 7th week

 

Au/Ra & CamelPhat

Panic Room

-

 

170x0w.jpg

 

Non-Album Single

Released: 29th March 2018

Label: Defected Records

 

Dark pop and techno unite on a club-ready tale of anxiety. - iTunes

 

Chart Statistics

 

NE (07/06/2018) | 97-73-72-55-50-44-39

 

Sales: 90k+

Certification: -

Status: Standard Chart Ratio

 

26 Sales

89 Audio Streaming

__ Video Streaming

 

Video

 

 

Biography

 

Au/Ra

Born in Ibiza and raised in Antigua, singer/songwriter Au/Ra crafts alternative pop with electronic influences inspired by her multicultural upbringing. Influenced by artists like Lana Del Rey, Kraftwerk, the Neighbourhood, and Arctic Monkeys, the young Jamie Lou Stenzel was raised by music-loving parents (her father is a producer in the electronic/trance scene) and decided to pursue music at the age of ten. Under the name Jamie Lou, she uploaded her covers of songs by Birdy, P!nk, Shakira, Rihanna, and more. Later, she adopted the Au/Ra moniker, taking inspiration from a character in her self-penned Lord of the Rings fan fiction. Her first single, "Concrete Jungle," bore a striking resemblance to Lorde, a "Royals 2.0" for 2016. She followed with "Outsiders," an outcast anthem that interpolated Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" into its lyrics. Her third single, "Kicks," was another big beat anthem with vocals leaning in the direction of Halsey. These three tracks would find their way onto her debut EP, Outsiders, which arrived in 2017. - iTunes

 

CamelPhat

Mike Di Scala and Dave Whelan are CamelPhat, a British electronic duo traversing various styles of deep house and techno. Formed in 2008, the pair put out a number of digital EPs and singles via Vice and Nervous Records before signing to Dutch EDM label Spinnin' Records in 2014. Enjoying chart success in Belgium with tracks such as "Constellations," "Paradigm," "Make 'Em Dance," and "The Act," they came to widespread prominence in 2017 with "Cola," a collaborative track produced with fellow electronic musician Elderbrook. - iTunes

 

Top 100 Chart History

 

Au/Ra

2018 39 Panic Room (Au/Ra & CamelPhat) -NAS-

 

CamelPhat

2017 18 Cola (CamelPhat & Elderbrook) -NAS-

2018 39 Panic Room (Au/Ra & CamelPhat) -NAS-

 

Social Media

 

Au/Ra

http://i.imgur.com/sx7weFD.png http://i.imgur.com/P4ObJLe.png http://i.imgur.com/TUafYW0.png

 

CamelPhat

http://i.imgur.com/sx7weFD.png http://i.imgur.com/P4ObJLe.png http://i.imgur.com/TUafYW0.png

 

http://i.imgur.com/1SERq1f.png

did he mention how many newies we have? (missed the first minute)

He's just said 4! Although I'm going to guess that includes the re-entries of American Idiot and Vindaloo.

First time I'm hearing this, sounds good on first listen.
yes for Panic Room, love both the original and the remix, maybe prefer the original a little more
Cola Joseph? haha

Copy and paste error! Fixed.

 

Panic Room is a huge step-up from Cola, but I prefer Au/Ra's original, the chorus is more of a moment for me.

What a very quick turnaround in quality :wub: I can't get enough of 'Panic Room', great vocals and I love the build up to the 'Cola'-esque production after the second chorus!
Cola didn't go Top 40 until November.. but sure it can be a summer hit

38 | :up: 46 | 9th week

 

ZieZie

Fine Girl

-

 

170x0w.jpg

 

4th Single

Released: 6th March 2018

Label: Sony Music Entertainment UK

 

Chart Statistics

 

NE (24/05/2018) | 83-67-73-63-62-50-45-46-38

 

Sales: 100k+

Certification: -

Status: Standard Chart Ratio

 

95 Sales

58 Audio Streaming

75 Video Streaming

 

Video

 

 

Biography

 

Introducing ZieZie, the south London talent with an eclectic sound and dreams to make it big. Though he has only been making music since December 2016, the 19-year-old from Croydon has made big waves already, with his track 'Mingle' reaching 1.2 million YouTube views and having signed a record deal with Sony RCA. With infectious melodies, unforgettable lyrics and upper-echelon performance energies, this young man is going places fast.

 

ZieZie was born into a Congolese family, and his late father granted him the name he would later don, which has proven to have become a self-fulfilling prophecy. "My dad used to call me ZeZe when I was younger, which means someone who's very active, creative and crazy," he explains. "Everyone had a nickname and so that became mine."

 

He began singing at the age of 11, joining the school choir after being encouraged by his teachers, and immersed himself in different genres that have had an indelible mark on his style. He describes his music as versatile, saying: "I mix up the genres. I could do rock music, a ballad, afrobeats, hip-hop, so I haven't got a fixed genre. Ever since I was younger, I was open to different sounds as long as I liked it." Growing up, ZieZie took to US rap and his earliest influence Lil Wayne, before immersing himself in the music of Beyonce, Rihanna and Drake, but his is a style that he has methodically put together to stand out from the pack. "I'm a visual learner, so when I see someone, I need to make sure I'm putting my spin on it," he says. "When someone listens to me they can't trace it back to that person. I didn't want to get into music without having a unique sound, so I had to make sure it was."

 

Balancing a full-time education at college, his mother's sudden departure to the Congo to care for his ailing grandmother in 2016 gave ZieZie the chance to spread his musical wings. "I had to miss a week of college to look after my little brother and sister," he recalls.

"She ended up not coming back for about five months, so I missed all that time of college and I was thinking about what I wanted to do in life. So, I thought, with music, what have I got to lose, so I put my all in and didn't give myself a Plan B."

 

ZieZie posted his first song on Soundcloud at the end of that year, and now working closely with the skilful production duo, Ill Blu ,he is honing in on crafting his infusion of Afrobeat productions, dancehall melodies & the high energy of UK Rap. His latest single 'Fine Girl' is sitting pretty with 1.5 million Spotify streams, but he strives for so much more with his music. "I want [my music] to bring people together, to listen and feel comfortable in an open environment," he says. "Some people are shook to listen to a particular type of music around their friends because they think they might be judged. But I want them to listen to my music in front of their friends and vibe to it, take it away and share it with their friends. I like to keep my music clean in the sense that I'm giving out a good message to the youth. I want them to listen to my music and think differently about life." ZieZie's magnetic force and undeterred focus on music sets him apart and, with a debut album planned for this year, an exciting 2018 is on his horizon. - Primary Talent

 

Top 100 Chart History

 

2018 38 Fine Girl -1-

 

Social Media

 

http://i.imgur.com/sx7weFD.png http://i.imgur.com/P4ObJLe.png http://i.imgur.com/TUafYW0.png

 

http://i.imgur.com/1SERq1f.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.