Jump to content

Featured Replies

I think it could also have been partly waiting so long to release the second single (Step Back in Time) which wasn't exactly massive. I i actually only recently realised that it was released after SBIT, I assumed it was released off the back of 'Better The Devil'. Do you think the album might have performed better if it was? I mean, that single was pretty huge and she still seemed to have a tiny bit of goodwill towards her at that point.
  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HausofEstrus
    HausofEstrus

    1. Better the Devil You Know 2. What Do I Have to Do 3. Step Back in Time 4. Shocked 5. Things Can Only Get Better 6. Secrets 7. Always Find the Time 8. Rhythm of Love 9. One Boy Girl 10. The

  • Padamic_Tension
    Padamic_Tension

    I prefer things can only get better to shocked.

  • Padamic_Tension
    Padamic_Tension

    Both are great songs, i prefer things can only get better but secrets is a great track aswell. Kylie and saw were really on a roll with most of the tracks on the album.

For me when devil was released my memories were people who wouldn't have previously liked Kylie were really liking the song so my thinking at the time was Kylie was getting more popular, as an adult i know that opinion was based on a very small amount of people but my teenage brain processed it so differently to what it was. I also remember when step back in time was released people were saying Kylie Minogue says "fcuk" in her new single they were of course referring to the " i wana funk" part of the song but again people were talking about Kylie.

 

 

  • 1 year later...

Happy 32nd (!!) to the release of ‘Shocked’

 

UK Charts: 10-6-9-18-23-38-55.

 

13th Top 10 hit and blocked Dannii’s single ‘Success’ from climbing to #10

 

It was a unique chart moment having kylie and dannii at 10 and 11 it would have been nice if both were top 10 but shocked was easily more deserving.

Three weeks at 11 for $ucce$$ was frustrating! Still it outsold JTTB which peaked at number 8

 

Bruce Forest (produced of UK version) recently posted to Dannii that he loves their version of SYTWTG , he considers it one of his faves!

I never liked success and still don't but 3 weeks number 3 is frustrating chartwise.SHocked on the other hand I still like, it's ny least fave ROL single but it's still good.
  • 2 years later...

That tour hasnt aged well like many from the same time and i mean from a staging presentation point of view, everything was so much more simple back then.

  • Author

I feel like Intimate and Live was the first tour that really stands out in her touring career. From there she just went from strength to strength.

I agree, from that point on her tours kept getting bigger and bigger and she really became a powerhouse live performer delivering excellent shows.

On 10/02/2026 at 15:49, Liam.k. said:

35 years since the Rhythm of Love Tour began!

Horrific dancing! tearsmile

I was pissed at the time the ROL tour was Australia and Asia only - we kinda got a rolled up version of it with the LGTI UK tour later the same year.

  • 2 weeks later...

A good album but such a slump in terms of chart success after two #1’s - it wasn’t even a busy week for new releases with only Jimmy Somervilles Greatest Hits ahead of it at #6.

Sure The Immaculate Collection was released the same week? Start of its 9 week reign .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.