Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 197
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Yesterday marked 25 years since the release of "Light Years". What an album it is!

  • DanielCarey
    DanielCarey

    Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of "Spinning Around", the start of the "Light Years" era. Time flies ever so fast! @___∆___ @SmileyKylie @Delicate @Jessie Where @BREAKTHETENSION

  • This! The stress at the time of getting each release but somehow managed it!

Posted Images

Oh god, though slightly weird timing.

I’m happy with my Sainsbury’s blue one. That was a fun day tracking it down!

1 hour ago, aeroco said:

Oh god, though slightly weird timing.

I’m happy with my Sainsbury’s blue one. That was a fun day tracking it down!

This! The stress at the time of getting each release but somehow managed it!

So......

Dec : Kylie Xmas

Jan : Light Years

Feb : Tension Live

rack up those album sales, positions and chart weeks

Surely the Netflix thing is coming early 2026 too

  • 10 months later...

Love that Albumism highlight releases - 26 years since the LY appeared in Australia followed by the UK and Europe 3 days later.

The album where Kylie snatched her pop crown back 👑

IMG_8940.jpeg

Yes Kylie snatached her crown back and what a great time it was but i hav eto admot i have always been slightly disappinted the album didnt go number 1 in the UK.

8 hours ago, Padamic_Tension said:

Yes Kylie snatached her crown back and what a great time it was but i hav eto admot i have always been slightly disappinted the album didnt go number 1 in the UK.

This - especially based on its first week sales, Madonna and her ‘Music’ era was massive at the time though.

Still my favourite Kylie album.

27 minutes ago, Jessie Where said:

Am I right in thinking they moved it back a week from its original date to avoid Madonna, but she ended up keeping it off in her second week anyway?

What a time to be alive...

image.png

No, ‘Light Years’ was released on its intended date.

I’m sure when planning the release they didn’t want to go head to head with Madonna’s release week but equally I’m not convinced they would have thought they had a #1 in the bag even in the 2nd week despite the singles success off the back of the Deconstruction era album performances.

9 hours ago, ___∆___ said:

No, ‘Light Years’ was released on its intended date.

I’m sure when planning the release they didn’t want to go head to head with Madonna’s release week but equally I’m not convinced they would have thought they had a #1 in the bag even in the 2nd week despite the singles success off the back of the Deconstruction era album performances.

True, I would say there was a huge air of caution considering how her success had dwindled in the previous years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.