September 3Sep 3 On 26/03/2026 at 18:17, T Boy said:I mean, I won’t touch this because I’m giving JK Rowling none of my money but there really isn’t a point. A lot of the sets look the same, the styling is very similar and Warwick Davies is still in it.Plus there really wasn’t much left out from the books that would even be interesting in film. I think there’s one character and one sequence from the first book that wasn’t in the film so how are they going to stretch the material over a series?It's weird to me that it's trying to be both a remake and a reboot, keeping the same branding and some of the casting.
September 3Sep 3 I was always gutted they took out S.P.E.W from the films but yeah not sure how I feel about this in generalI think there’s a high risk this will bomb or the damage JK has done to her image will cause people not to watch - meaning you’ll get an incomplete story (I’m still not over that for The Carrie Diaries…..where half the SATC cast had yet to be introduced) I spoke to a trans friend about the book a couple of years ago and asked what their thoughts were on reading them/also watching this series. They did say they can disassociate the art from the artist and they’d be fine with people re-reading/watching this series, as long as it doesn’t directly promote JK in any way.
September 3Sep 3 Hmm... Having watched the trailer, I see little point in watching it.It looks literally just the same as the first adaptations of something which isn't really old enough to be remade or rebooted anyway.I kind of agree with the point that it's like JK Rowling wants an adaptation of her books without certain people being in it.
September 3Sep 3 I very much doubt this will bomb, the anticipation from the general public that just want more Harry Potter and don't care about the witch behind it all is intense, it will surely break streaming records.I think the series is just too iconic in that any rebrand is just gonna look exactly like the films but without the benefit of classic actors or John Williams' score and yeah, the trailer confirms that. There's still no point to this, the first two films followed the books pretty faithfully (indeed, JK had a real hand in all of the films so most of what's left out was with her blessing) so I really can't see how much more they can add that will really make a different outside of I guess a few details die hard fans will like. I guess a lot of the changes will be better felt with the later books, but that's if they get there a decade down the line, and idk I wouldn't have any confidence a show would last that long untouched even for a brand this popular.
September 3Sep 3 Looking forward to this and the trailer has really pipped my interest, going to be interesting to see the new young casts take on the roles, already looking like the young actress playing hermione has got the role spot on
September 3Sep 3 Hermoine is the only perfect role rn. Everyone else is not convincing me in the trailer. Very intrigued by that bridge scene, it seems they might be stepping outside the books a little. Some dialogue was different too.
September 3Sep 3 It's got to be a little different to the film though right? It's got to be at least quadruple the runtime length with there being 8 episodes, yet it's likely some of those will be over an hour maybe.I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love the original films, the story is brilliant. I hate JK though.
Create an account or sign in to comment