Jump to content

Featured Replies

7 weeks at number 2 without getting to number 1 for Sophie.

 

Isn't "Moves Like Jagger" the other song she's tied with?

  • Replies 197
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

:thinking: Future chart hit? :thinking:

 

Dua Lipa

Training Season

 

170x170cc.jpg

 

2nd single from forthcoming studio album

Released: 15th February 2024

Label: Dua Lipa

 

Video

 

 

Biography

 

There’s purpose in Dua Lipa’s euphoric pop. “For me, it’s about championing women and putting ourselves in the position of power,” the singer told Apple Music in 2020, ahead of the release of her second album, Future Nostalgia. “I have been inspired by the female alphas that have shown me that we can do it. And that we can wear the pants, you know? We need more of that in music.” Forcing the world to get a little more comfortable with female alphas has been a mission statement for Lipa (born in London to Kosovar Albanian parents in 1995) since her 2017 self-titled debut. It housed the triumphant breakup smash “New Rules”, the self-love anthem “IDGAF” and the assured “Hotter Than Hell”—songs which made it clear that this was no ingénue, but rather an outspoken, effortlessly cool face of pop’s future. Indeed, that status was cemented a year later when Lipa made history as the first female solo artist to receive five BRIT Award nominations. She won two and, in 2019, added two Grammys to her mantelpiece.

 

Despite the success of her debut, Lipa wasn’t interested in recreating its hits. “People always say, ‘The second album is really scary,’ but for me, it’s more scary to go back into the studio and try to create something like ‘New Rules’ or ‘IDGAF’ over and over again,” she said. “I feel like I’d end up in a vicious cycle of trying to get somewhere but never being able to mature as an artist.” And so, to move forward, she pivoted to the past, drawing on disco and funk—and filtering it through her ahead-of-its-time pop—to arrive at Future Nostalgia. Decadent and every bit as empowering as those early hits, it brought Lipa her first Mercury Prize nod, multiple Grammy nominations and a rightful place in pop’s upper echelons. And with it, too, came Lipa’s new purpose. Released just as the world went into lockdown amid the coronavirus crisis, Future Nostalgia became an urgent tonic for tough times—danced to in living rooms across the world. Yet Lipa wasn’t done there: Five months later, she unveiled Club Future Nostalgia, a thrilling remixed version on which the singer teamed up with club queen The Blessed Madonna, and guests including Madonna, Missy Elliott, Gwen Stefani and Mark Ronson, to bring lockdown-fatigued listeners another dose of escapism. “I didn’t think I’d be putting albums out during a global pandemic,” added Lipa. “But it’s just about creating experiences for everyone at home. That’s the most important thing for me now.”

 

All of this, of course, is only just the beginning. “I really feel like I’m finding my feet,” said Lipa. “I feel so proud of Future Nostalgia as a whole and the most confident and the most myself making it. But I’m already planning the next move.” - Apple Music

 

Top 100 Chart History

 

2016 15 Hotter Than Hell -2-

2016 30 Blow Your Mind (Mwah) -3-

2016 10 No Lie (Sean Paul feat. Dua Lipa) MILLIONAIRE

2017 09 Be The One -1/4- MILLIONAIRE

2017 14 Scared To Be Lonely (Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa) MILLIONAIRE

2017 86 Lost In Your Light (feat. Miguel) -5-

2017 01 New Rules -6- MILLIONAIRE

2018 03 IDGAF -7- MILLIONAIRE

2018 01 One Kiss (Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa) MILLIONAIRE

2018 04 Electricity (Silk City & Dua Lipa feat. Diplo & Mark Ronson)

2018 36 Kiss And Make Up (Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK) -AT-

2019 24 Swan Song -OST-

2019 02 Don't Start Now -1- MILLIONAIRE

2020 03 Physical -2- MILLIONAIRE

2020 06 Break My Heart -3-

2020 31 Hallucinate -4-

2020 72 UN DIA (ONE DAY) (J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy)

2020 05 Levitating (feat. DaBaby) -5- MILLIONAIRE

2020 79 Fever (Dua Lipa & Angèle) -PS-

2020 08 Prisoner (Miley Cyrus feat. Dua Lipa)

2021 95 Real Groove (Kylie Minogue & Dua Lipa)

2021 25 We're Good -6-

2021 51 Love Again -7-

2021 14 Demeanor (Pop Smoke feat. Dua Lipa)

2021 01 Cold Heart (Elton John & Dua Lipa) MILLIONAIRE

2022 31 Sweetest Pie (Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa)

2022 16 Potion (Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug)

2023 01 Dance The Night -OST-

2023 02 Houdini -1-

2024 00 Training Season -2-

 

4 x #1 | 10 x Top 5 | 14 x Top 10 | 18 x Top 20 | 24 x Top 40 | 29 x Top 100

 

Social Media

 

Z3yZBmt.png n1LUs3L.png VlKuv9y.png 48kM43m.png Dua Lipa

 

http://i.imgur.com/1SERq1f.png

 

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/uploads/group_images/of_208.png

  • Author

:thinking: Future chart hit? :thinking:

 

Calvin Harris and Rag'n'Bone Man

Lovers In A Past Life

 

170x170bb.jpg

 

Non-album single

Released: 16th February 2024

Label: Sony Music Entertainment UK

 

Video

 

 

Biography

 

Talk about an unexpected career trajectory. In 2007, 23-year-old Calvin Harris released I Created Disco, a cheeky shot across dance music’s bow that presented him as Scotland’s brow-arched answer to LCD Soundsystem. Fast-forward a few years, and the scruffy fellow playing house-party host in the “Merrymaking at My Place” video is suddenly baring oil-slicked abs on Emporio Armani billboards. What happened, of course, is that Harris (born Adam Richard Wiles in 1984) traded up from the Amiga computer of his teens, developed some of the best studio chops in the business with deep-house rollers like 2013's “Thinking About You”, and helped spark EDM’s pop crossover with hits for Rihanna, Florence Welch, Ellie Goulding and others. Along the way, he became one of the 2010s’ first DJ/producer/songwriter polymaths to earn top billing even on the songs in which he didn’t sing. No stranger to pyro-lit main stages—his percussive, synth-strafed 2014 single “C.U.B.A.” is big-room house at its most gargantuan—Harris has resisted getting boxed into any one sound. On 2017’s Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1, he lays down a set of slinky R&B jams for Frank Ocean, Migos and Young Thug, while the 2018 singles “Promises”, with Sam Smith, and “One Kiss”, with Dua Lipa, proved just how versatile his vision of pop can be. - Apple Music

 

Top 100 Chart History

 

Calvin Harris

2007 10 Acceptable In The 80s -1-

2007 03 The Girls -2-

2007 43 Merrymaking At My Place -3-

2008 01 Dance Wiv Me (Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome) MILLIONAIRE

2009 01 I'm Not Alone -1-

2009 03 Ready For The Weekend -2-

2009 18 Flashback -3-

2010 27 You Used To Hold Me -4-

2011 02 Bounce (feat. Kelis) -1-

2011 02 Feel So Close -2- MILLIONAIRE

2011 01 We Found Love (Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris) MILLION SELLER

2011 24 Off The Record (Tinchy Stryder feat. Calvin Harris & BURNS)

2012 02 Let's Go (feat. Ne-Yo) -3-

2012 02 We'll Be Coming Back (feat. Example) -4-

2012 01 Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch) -5-

2012 05 Drinking From The Bottle (feat. Tinie Tempah) -6-

2013 04 I Need Your Love (feat. Ellie Goulding) -7-

2013 08 Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) -8-

2013 01 Under Control (Calvin Harris & Alesso feat. Hurts) -1-

2014 01 Summer -2- MILLIONAIRE

2014 01 Blame (feat. John Newman) -3- MILLIONAIRE

2014 89 C.U.B.A -B-SIDE-

2014 86 Slow Acid -IG-

2014 23 Open Wide (feat. Big Sean) -IG-

2014 06 Outside (feat. Ellie Goulding) -4- MILLIONAIRE

2015 35 Pray To God (feat. HAIM) -5-

2015 02 How Deep Is Your Love (Calvin Harris & Disciples) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2016 02 This Is What You Came For (feat. Rihanna) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2016 34 Hype (Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris)

2016 04 My Way -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2017 10 Slide (feat. Frank Ocean & Migos) -1- MILLIONAIRE

2017 25 Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande) -2-

2017 43 Rollin (feat. Future & Khalid) -IG-

2017 01 Feels (feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean) -3- MILLIONAIRE

2017 75 Don't Quit (DJ Khaled & Calvin Harris feat. Travis Scott & Jeremih)

2017 97 Faking It (feat. Kehlani & Lil Yachty) -4-

2018 55 The Weekend (SZA & Calvin Harris)

2018 48 Nuh Ready Nuh Ready (feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR) -NAS-

2018 01 One Kiss (Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2018 01 Promises (Calvin Harris & Sam Smith) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2018 98 Checklist (Normani & Calvin Harris feat. Wizkid)

2018 29 I Found You (benny blanco & Calvin Harris)

2019 02 Giant (Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2019 66 I'm Not Alone 2019 -NAS-

2020 75 Live Without Your Love (Love Regenerator & Steve Lacy) -NAS-

2020 33 Over Now (Calvin Harris & The Weeknd) -NAS-

2021 09 By Your Side (feat. Tom Grennan) -NAS-

2022 16 Potion (Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug) -1-

2022 10 Stay With Me (Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake, Halsey & Pharrell Williams) -2-

2022 71 Obsessed (Calvin Harris, Charlie Puth & Shenseea) -3-

2023 01 Miracle (Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding) -NAS- MILLIONAIRE

2023 06 Desire (Calvin Harris & Sam Smith) -NAS-

2024 00 Lovers In A Past Life (Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man) -NAS-

 

11 x #1 | 23 x Top 5 | 30 x Top 10 | 32 x Top 20 | 40 x Top 40 | 52 x Top 100

 

Rag'n'Bone Man

2016 02 Human -1- MILLIONAIRE

2017 13 Skin -2- MILLIONAIRE

2018 83 Grace (We All Try) -3-

2018 55 Run (Bugzy Malone feat. Rag'n'Bone Man)

2018 79 Photographs (Professor Green & Rag'n'Bone Man)

2019 02 Giant (Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man) MILLIONAIRE

2021 29 All You Ever Wanted -1-

2021 09 Anywhere Away From Here (Rag'n'Bone Man & P!nk) -2-

2024 00 Lovers In A Past Life (Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man)

 

0 x #1 | 2 x Top 5 | 3 x Top 10 | 4 x Top 20 | 5 x Top 40 | 8 x Top 100

 

Social Media

 

Z3yZBmt.png n1LUs3L.png VlKuv9y.png 48kM43m.png Calvin Harris

 

Z3yZBmt.png n1LUs3L.png VlKuv9y.png 48kM43m.png Rag'n'Bone Man

 

http://i.imgur.com/1SERq1f.png

I think Sophie is the 4th to have 7 weeks at #2 since Frank Chacksfield set the record at 8.

 

The other 3 are:

Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand

All-4-One - I Swear

Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger

Each to their own of course, but I'm surprised to see it being called "uneventful" with the way it builds and shakes up its sound - the verses and chorus are very different!

It's fine, inoffensive, I've only heard it like once or twice I think. I just have heard so many similar songs to it and it doesn't really stick out to me personally.

 

I feel the same about "Stick Season" too though tbh.

Us both being Weeknd and Noah stans! Your taste in males :cheer:

 

Indeed! Everyone else on the forum doesn't have as much taste as us :kink:

 

Crazy to see a folk-pop artist score a chart double :cheer: A #9 debut for Beyoncé already is also really great to see!

New entries and new peaks outside the top 40:

 

44. Beyoncé - 16 CARRIAGES (NEW)

47. K-Trap - Heaven Or Hell (NEW)

50. Madison Beer - Make You Mine (NEW)

55. Newera - Birds In The Sky (+23)

60. Sia & Kylie Minogue - Dance Alone (NEW)

62. Muni Long - Made For Me (NEW)

64. Rich Amiri - One Call (+18)

65. Giggs ft. Dave - Incredible Sauce (+4)

73. Dylan Gossett - Coal (+7)

77. Shy Smith - Soaked (NEW)

81. Artemas - If U Think I'm Pretty (+4)

84. Nathan Dawe - We Ain't Here For Long (+3)

86. Goddard & Cat Burns - Wasted Youth (+3)

92. Hazbin Hotel Cast - Stayed Gone (NEW)

100. Djo - End Of Beginning (NEW)

So is Dreams by the Cranberries and Scandalous by Mis-Teeq. I’d rather any of those two got reset instead of Britney

What? I only heard Britney's Toxic and Tiffany's I Think We're Alone Now during the film ;)

What? I only heard Britney's Toxic and Tiffany's I Think We're Alone Now during the film ;)

Dreams got played during the closing credits and I think Scandalous was played just before Toxic

Dreams got played during the closing credits and I think Scandalous was played just before Toxic

Hmmm ok, I think you're right. But Toxic and I Think Were Alone Now got more relevance in the film. :wub:

Edited by Jason

So is Dreams by the Cranberries and Scandalous by Mis-Teeq. I’d rather any of those two got reset instead of Britney

With Madame Web being such a flop, I think they're all very unlikely to make a comeback :lol:

With Madame Web being such a flop, I think they're all very unlikely to make a comeback :lol:

It could end up being a hit. I was expecting Anyone But You to be a flop and that’s still in the cinemas because it’s doing well. My local cinema tends to keep certain films there for just a week

Edited by Hadji

It could end up being a hit. I was expecting Anyone But You to be a flop and that’s still in the cinemas because it’s doing well. My local cinema tends to keep certain films there for just a week

Madame Web is already doing poorly though, and with a C- CinemaScore it's unlikely that word-of-mouth will help with that. If anything, it'll do the opposite.

He's just trying to sound exactly like his grandfather. Meh!

 

Trying to sound like Bob Marley meh indeed lol

Whenever Murder On The Dancefloor gets played is anyone else still expecting "THE ALTOGETHER" to pop up before the bridge :lol:
Whenever Murder On The Dancefloor gets played is anyone else still expecting "THE ALTOGETHER" to pop up before the bridge :lol:

 

I still actually do that whenever I hear it out :ph34r:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.