August 11Aug 11 11 minutes ago, Harrison FB said:Forgot to post this earlier; FINALLY my copy of '99 EXTRA!That’s why I always get mine from HMV as I’d rather have it on time. I’d use Amazon as a last resort or if I’m on holiday
August 11Aug 11 Just realised that Mothers Talk is also on extra 1984 🤦♂️ Edited August 11Aug 11 by Hadji
August 11Aug 11 34 minutes ago, Hadji said:Just realised that Mothers Talk is also on extra 1984 🤦♂️I believe that it charted in the US two years later.
August 11Aug 11 3 minutes ago, geraintlewis268 said:I believe that it charted in the US two years later.Still same song
August 12Aug 12 7 hours ago, Hadji said:Still same songIt's actually the US remix, as it states on the compilation. So practically, like Shout, it sounds a little different. So why do you 🤦 and be so critical all the time? Edited August 12Aug 12 by Harrison FB
August 12Aug 12 3 hours ago, Harrison FB said:It's actually the US remix, as it states on the compilation. So practically, like Shout, it sounds a little different. So why do you 🤦 and be so critical all the time?It’s the exact same song but slightly longer. Joyride US is the same as Joyride UK but slightly shorter. They did this with The More You Live The More You Love, Love Is The Seventh Wave and Should I Stay Or Should I Go. Just heard On The Beach and it sounds the same as On The Beach 88. That’s hypocritical coming from someone who disagrees with track repetition
August 12Aug 12 If anything, I'll be happy to list a number of songs that failed to make the Yearbooks/Yearbook Extras in the 1980s.Here's mine:Fern Kinney - Together We are Beautiful (1980)The Jam - Dreams of Children (1980)BA Robertson - To be or Not to Be (1980)David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (1980)Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers (1980)Genesis - Turn It on Again (1980)Ottawan - D.I.S.C.O. (1980)Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') (1980)David Bowie - Up the Hill Backwards (1981)Ottawan - Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart) (1981)Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough (1981)The Jacksons - Can You Feel It (1981)Yazoo - Only You (1982)Gary Numan - White Boys and Heroes (1982)Toto Coelo - I Eat Cannibals (1982)Diana Ross - Work That Body (1982)Kraftwerk - The Model (1982)Depeche Mode - See You (1982)Dire Straits - Private Investigations (1982)Imagination - Music and Lights (1982)Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'n' Roll (1982)Toni Basil - Mickey (1982)Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love (1983)Bruce Foxton - Freak (1983)New Edition - Candy Girl (1983)David Essex - Tahiti (1983)George Benson - In Your Eyes (1983)Icehouse - Hey Little Girl (1983)Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1983)Orange Juice - Rip It Up (1983)Ultravox - Visions in Blue (1983)Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You (1984)Alvin Stardust - I Feel Like Buddy Holly (1984)Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (1984)Depeche Mode - Master and Servant (1984)Prince - When Doves Cry (1984)Shakin' Stevens - A Letter to You (1984)The Jacksons - Torture (1984)The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (1984)Madonna - Into the Groove (1985)Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days (1985)Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire (1985)Denise LaSall - My Toot Toot (1985)Madness - Yesterday's Men (1985)Opus - Live is Life (1985)Shakin' Stevens - Lipstick, Powder and Paint (1985)Madonna - True Blue (1986)Prince and the Revolution - Kiss (1986)Prince and the Revolution - Girls and Boys (1986)Janet Jackson - When I Think of You (1986)Sam Cooke - Wonderful World (1986)David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (1986)Diana Ross - Chain Reaction (1986)Dire Straits - Walk of Life (1986)Genesis - In Too Deep (1986)Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom (1986)Survivor - Burning Heart (1986)Club Nouveau - Lean on Me (1987)Madonna - La Isla Bonita (1987)George Harrison - Got My Mind Set on You (1987)Michael Jackson - Bad (1987)Bee Gees - You Win Again (1987)Def Leppard - Animal (1987)Fleetwood Mac - Big Love (1987)Jackie Wilson - I Get the Sweetest Feeling (1987)Janet Jackson - Let's Wait Awhile (1987)The Smiths - Sheila Take a Bow (1987)U2 - With or Without You (1987)Squeeze - Hourglass (1987)Erasure - A Little Respect (1988)Phil Collins - A Groovy Kind of Love (1988)Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror (1988)Morrissey - Suedehead (1988)Morrissey - Everyday is Like Sunday (1988)Vanessa Paradis - Joe le Taxi (1988)Madonna - Like a Prayer (1989)Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings (1989)De la Soul - Say No Go (1989)Kirsty MacColl - Days (1989) Edited August 12Aug 12 by geraintlewis268
August 12Aug 12 And some of these songs are by artists who still license their tracks Edited August 12Aug 12 by Hadji
August 12Aug 12 3 hours ago, Hadji said:And some of these songs are by artists who still license their tracksName them.
August 12Aug 12 10 minutes ago, geraintlewis268 said:Name them.Bruce Springsteen, Gary Numan, Squeeze, Diana Ross, The Jam, Ultravox, Survivor, De La Soul, Kirsty MacColl. You also missed out the Pet Shop Boys songs Love Comes Quickly and Opportunities as songs that missed all yearbooks. Dreams Of Children should’ve been included on vault 1980 like they included the b side for Karma Chameleon on vault 1983 Edited August 12Aug 12 by Hadji
August 12Aug 12 4 hours ago, geraintlewis268 said:If anything, I'll be happy to list a number of songs that failed to make the Yearbooks/Yearbook Extras in the 1980s.Here's mine:Fern Kinney - Together We are Beautiful (1980)The Jam - Dreams of Children (1980)BA Robertson - To be or Not to Be (1980)David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (1980)Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers (1980)Genesis - Turn It on Again (1980)Ottawan - D.I.S.C.O. (1980)Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') (1980)David Bowie - Up the Hill Backwards (1981)Ottawan - Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart) (1981)Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough (1981)The Jacksons - Can You Feel It (1981)Yazoo - Only You (1982)Gary Numan - White Boys and Heroes (1982)Toto Coelo - I Eat Cannibals (1982)Diana Ross - Work That Body (1982)Kraftwerk - The Model (1982)Depeche Mode - See You (1982)Dire Straits - Private Investigations (1982)Imagination - Music and Lights (1982)Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'n' Roll (1982)Toni Basil - Mickey (1982)Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love (1983)Bruce Foxton - Freak (1983)New Edition - Candy Girl (1983)David Essex - Tahiti (1983)George Benson - In Your Eyes (1983)Icehouse - Hey Little Girl (1983)Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1983)Orange Juice - Rip It Up (1983)Ultravox - Visions in Blue (1983)Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You (1984)Alvin Stardust - I Feel Like Buddy Holly (1984)Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (1984)Depeche Mode - Master and Servant (1984)Prince - When Doves Cry (1984)Shakin' Stevens - A Letter to You (1984)The Jacksons - Torture (1984)The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (1984)Madonna - Into the Groove (1985)Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days (1985)Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire (1985)Denise LaSall - My Toot Toot (1985)Madness - Yesterday's Men (1985)Opus - Live is Life (1985)Shakin' Stevens - Lipstick, Powder and Paint (1985)Madonna - True Blue (1986)Prince and the Revolution - Kiss (1986)Prince and the Revolution - Girls and Boys (1986)Janet Jackson - When I Think of You (1986)Sam Cooke - Wonderful World (1986)David Bowie - Absolute Beginners (1986)Diana Ross - Chain Reaction (1986)Dire Straits - Walk of Life (1986)Genesis - In Too Deep (1986)Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom (1986)Survivor - Burning Heart (1986)Club Nouveau - Lean on Me (1987)Madonna - La Isla Bonita (1987)George Harrison - Got My Mind Set on You (1987)Michael Jackson - Bad (1987)Bee Gees - You Win Again (1987)Def Leppard - Animal (1987)Fleetwood Mac - Big Love (1987)Jackie Wilson - I Get the Sweetest Feeling (1987)Janet Jackson - Let's Wait Awhile (1987)The Smiths - Sheila Take a Bow (1987)U2 - With or Without You (1987)Squeeze - Hourglass (1987)Erasure - A Little Respect (1988)Phil Collins - A Groovy Kind of Love (1988)Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror (1988)Morrissey - Suedehead (1988)Morrissey - Everyday is Like Sunday (1988)Vanessa Paradis - Joe le Taxi (1988)Madonna - Like a Prayer (1989)Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings (1989)De la Soul - Say No Go (1989)Kirsty MacColl - Days (1989)NOW Yearbook: 1980-1989: The Final, Final Chapter!
August 12Aug 12 1 minute ago, Tylky said:NOW Yearbook: 1980-1989: The Final, Final Chapter!Nah, I'd call it: '80-'89: The Grand Finale
August 12Aug 12 4 minutes ago, Harrison FB said:Nah, I'd call it: '80-'89: The Grand FinaleOr, 1980-1989: The Epilogue
August 13Aug 13 I just looked up on how many Yearbook albums (including Millenniums), on how many albums George Michael opens each album on, and surprisingly (what a surprise!) TWENTY-ONE albums open up with George Michael! This also includes Wham! appearances too. Edited August 13Aug 13 by geraintlewis268
August 13Aug 13 Now, according to Amazon, Yearbook Vault 1986 releases on 18 September. Edited August 13Aug 13 by geraintlewis268
August 13Aug 13 6 minutes ago, geraintlewis268 said:I just looked up on how many Yearbook albums (including Millenniums), on how many albums George Michael opens each album on, and surprisingly (what a surprise!) TWENTY-ONE albums open up with George Michael! This also includes Wham! appearances too.It’s been like that since he died because his label seem to want the track 1 or nothing position since he died. Him and Freddie would’ve both been better represented if his label weren’t obsessed with track 1. Before 2021 when Jenny Fisher was compiling the albums, she’d prioritise both artists by putting Freddie on track 1 and George on track 2 or opening disc 2. As for Mike + The Mechanics, it looks like their licensing issues have been resolved. I hope we get Over My Shoulder on 1995 and Word Of Mouth on 1990-1994 Edited August 13Aug 13 by Hadji
Create an account or sign in to comment