August 14Aug 14 After waiting a week for Yearbook Extra 1999 to come to my doorstep from the NOW website, I've decided to get it via Amazon. If, and when it does come from the NOW website, I may have to sell it, because I'd be duplicating it.
August 14Aug 14 On 06/08/2026 at 15:18, Hadji said:I hope not. I hope 1995 is next and I reckon it will be either one to balance out both sides. If 1996 is the next 90s yearbook, then I hope 1975 is the first yearbook we get next year. I want the remaining yearbook to go 1995, 1975, 1994, 1970 and 1996. If they decide to go with 1996 next, I hope it goes 1996, 1975, 1994, 1970 and 1995Can I ask why the order of release is something you have a preference for?
August 14Aug 14 2 hours ago, Colm said:Can I ask why the order of release is something you have a preference for?Because with the 70s, the first yearbook was late 70s so finish with early 70s and with the 90s, the first yearbook was early 90s so finish with late 90s and one of the reasons I want 1995 to be the next yearbook because there’s only one yearbook so far ending with a 5 (1985) and the other last digits are complete (1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9) and some have two a piece (0, 4, 6) and it feels like they’re ignoring the 5s. If 1975 is the next 70s yearbook in February, then it will close the gap between 1971 and 1993 Edited August 14Aug 14 by Hadji
August 14Aug 14 56 minutes ago, Hadji said:Because with the 70s the first yearbook was late 70s and with the 90s, the first yearbook was early 90s and one of the reasons I want 1995 to be the next yearbook because there’s only one yearbook so far ending with a 5 and the other last digits are complete (1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9) and some have two a piece (0, 4, 6) and it feels like they’re ignoring the 5sWhat about licensing with certain artists like Oasis? They haven't appeared on any NOW album since Yearbook 1997.
August 14Aug 14 1 hour ago, Hadji said:Because with the 70s, the first yearbook was late 70s so finish with early 70s and with the 90s, the first yearbook was early 90s so finish with late 90s and one of the reasons I want 1995 to be the next yearbook because there’s only one yearbook so far ending with a 5 (1985) and the other last digits are complete (1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9) and some have two a piece (0, 4, 6) and it feels like they’re ignoring the 5s. If 1975 is the next 70s yearbook in February, then it will close the gap between 1971 and 1993Ok but you're not telling me why you have a preference. Why is the order important? Surely it just matters that they get released. Edited August 14Aug 14 by Colm
August 14Aug 14 9 minutes ago, Colm said:Ok but you're not telling me why you have a preference. Why is the order important? Surely it just matters that they get released.Basically, late 90s, late 70s, early 90s, early 70s and late 90s so if 1995 or 1996 is next, it will even out both sides of the 90s. Maybe the reason they chose to go with 1971 next instead of 1975 was to even out both sides of the 70s unlike the 80s where they finished the early 80s before starting on the late 80s
August 14Aug 14 20 minutes ago, geraintlewis268 said:What about licensing with certain artists like Oasis? They haven't appeared on any NOW album since Yearbook 1997.Are you saying they’re probably trying to delay 1994-1996 until they resolve licensing issues with Oasis? I doubt that and if anything, Oasis only had one hit in 1996 so they’ll probably go ahead and not include Oasis. They didn’t delay 1976 to try and resolve licensing issues with ABBA. They went ahead with 1976 and didn’t include ABBA
August 14Aug 14 I think you're missing my question. I'm not asking you to explain your justification about the sequence of release with years and decades. I'm asking why you care about the order at all. Edited August 14Aug 14 by Colm
August 14Aug 14 1 minute ago, Colm said:I think you're missing my question. Why do you care?I answered your question 🤦♂️ and I said late 90s, late 70s, early 90s, early 70s and late 90s so why do you care about my preference? The remaining yearbooks are gonna go 90s, 70s, 90s, 70s and 90s. End of story Edited August 14Aug 14 by Hadji
August 14Aug 14 5 minutes ago, Hadji said:Are you saying they’re probably trying to delay 1994-1996 until they resolve licensing issues with Oasis? I doubt that and if anything, Oasis only had one hit in 1996 so they’ll probably go ahead and not include Oasis. They didn’t delay 1976 to try and resolve licensing issues with ABBA. They went ahead with 1976 and didn’t include ABBANo, no, no, no, no. I'm not saying that.
August 14Aug 14 1 minute ago, geraintlewis268 said:No, no, no, no, no. I'm not saying that.You’re the one mentioning Oasis and also, I doubt they’ll delay yearbooks to try and resolve licensing issues with one artist Edited August 14Aug 14 by Hadji
August 14Aug 14 You answered it by explaining the sequence of your preference or the sequence thus far. I wasn't challenging or asking you justify your preference. My question was much wider than that. Just simply why do you care about the order? If they get released in some other order, is that a significant inconvenience to you?
August 14Aug 14 1 minute ago, Colm said:You answered it by explaining the sequence of your preference or the sequence thus far. I wasn't challenging or asking you justify your preference. My question was much wider than that. Just simply why do you care about the order? If they get released in some other order, is that a significant inconvenience to you?I wouldn’t mind the order to be honest as long as there’s a 5 in there next as it feels like they’re ignoring the yearbooks with a 5 on the end as 1985 is the only yearbook with a 5 seeing as 1975 and 1995 don’t yet have yearbooks
August 14Aug 14 3 minutes ago, Hadji said:You’re the one mentioning Oasis and also, I doubt they’ll delay yearbooks to try and resolve licensing issues with one artistRegardless, we'll see what happens.
August 14Aug 14 2 minutes ago, Hadji said:I wouldn’t mind the order to be honest as long as there’s a 5 in there next as it feels like they’re ignoring the yearbooks with a 5 on the end as 1985 is the only yearbook with a 5 seeing as 1975 and 1995 don’t yet have yearbooksThanks but you have managed to misunderstand my question a third time. Enjoy your yearbooks!
August 14Aug 14 Just now, Colm said:Enjoy your yearbooks!They’re much more enjoyable than those pointless spin-offs and I don’t have a preference about release order. I said the release order will be 90s, 70s, 90s, 70s and 90s Edited August 14Aug 14 by Hadji
August 15Aug 15 I've had the chance to listen to the Extra, and there are some highlights which I really enjoyed. Though I agree with @gooddelta with Disc 3's sequencing. If they left Vengaboys' "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!" as track 8, then they should have then went Lolly - Mickey > B*Witched - Jesse Hold On > A*Teens - Mamma Mia and then Charlotte Perelli - Take Me To Your Heaven as that song was pure band and not electronic which seems abrupt after a banger like "Boom Boom...". Anyway! 15 tracks on this compilation I really enjoy and they are:Moby - BodyrockThe Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be (I didn't know it was THIS track)Apollo 440 - Stop The RockLit - My Own Worst EnemyVengaboys - Kiss (When The Sun Don't Shine)Ricky Martin - Shake Your Bon-BonGroove Armada - I See You BabyRobbie Williams - It's Only UsSteps - Love's Got A Hold On My HeartAndy Williams - Music To Watch Girls ByAlice Deejay - Back In My LifeVengaboys - Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!Lolly - MickeyB*Witched - Jesse Hold OnGeri Halliwell - Lift Me UpPretty solid album on the whole, but can we please retire David Sylvian? Please NOW Towers?
August 15Aug 15 2 hours ago, Tylky said:Pretty solid album on the whole, but can we please retire David Sylvian? Please NOW Towers?I wouldn’t say retire David Sylvian completely. Just save him for the vaults where he belongs I say
August 16Aug 16 Okay, theorise '50s Yearbooks, if they were to happen. What would your thoughts be on the setup on them? Mine would be Volume 1 being 1952-1955, and Volume 2 being 1956-1959.
August 16Aug 16 Mine would be volume 1 1952-1953, volume 2 1954-1956 and volume 3 1957-1959. I’d like them to do Now 40s and include songs from the 1940s even though we didn’t have a chart in the 1940s but they could use songs that were hits in America in the 1940s Edited August 16Aug 16 by Hadji
Create an account or sign in to comment