Jump to content

Featured Replies

Not Swifties coming for children’s music to prove that her latest songs are actually not that bad. Classy behaviour.

  • Replies 561
  • Views 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She's done over 4 MILLION units in the U.S. so has the highest first week sales of all-time there. Mind-blowing especially in today's market

  • Me x

  • Jessie Where
    Jessie Where

    ^ There's no getting through to him, it's pointless. We've all tried so many times over the years.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, pavi said:

Not Swifties coming for children’s music to prove that her latest songs are actually not that bad. Classy behaviour.

The conversation isn’t being started by Swifties though, it’s being started by non-fans and biased critics who either want her to remake Folklore, make a toaster-dropped-in-a-bath hyperpop album or quit music in general.

Do better than assume that every pop music enthusiast is going to think the same way because I know you’re more mature than this.

I also want to note that it’s okay not to understand something or even to understand something and not like it, I can understand how Cleveland is cringey and still love it. The issue comes when you have a problem that not everyone feels the same way. It’s just music.

1 hour ago, HausofEstrus said:

This is such a misfire of a project, what was she thinking. Currently down to 39 on Metacritic, 143 is in danger of losing its award of lowest rated big pop girl album score pirate

Tulisa's The Female Boss didn't girlboss its way to a 35/100 Metascore for people to forget it's still lower than 143 (37/100) cheeseblock

although yeah, 143 is the lowest rated among actual main pop girl albums

Edited by maggotsforbrains

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

The conversation isn’t being started by Swifties though, it’s being started by non-fans and biased critics who either want her to remake Folklore, make a toaster-dropped-in-a-bath hyperpop album or quit music in general.

Do better than assume that every pop music enthusiast is going to think the same way because I know you’re more mature than this.

Perhaps we would indeed have a different conversation if she wasn’t releasing the same 5 songs in 25 different variants and deluxe Taylor editions talking about the same things every year pandering towards the same teenage demographic as a grown woman.

Get that coin and hope she writes whatever songs she likes etc. but let’s not pretend she’s still the same artist as she was before this mega stardom. Unreasonably large wealth tends to stop artists from being creative and pushing the boundaries. At the same time, I have much higher expectations because they can do literally whatever they want.

No need to take this so close to heart, people will indeed enjoy whatever they want to enjoy but I find it really hard to respect this lazy uninspired dump from a literal billionaire. Especially after the Sheeran saga.

Bit rich whinging about variants , madonnas literally remixed her last 2 singles in the last month and released multiple variants of each

Let's also not forget about variant Queens Olivia R , Charli xcx, Billie Eilish, ariana Grande and practically any artists these days

Heck Ellie goulding released a deluxe and super deluxe just 1 weeks ago to stay on the chart

8 minutes ago, pavi said:

Perhaps we would indeed have a different conversation if she wasn’t releasing the same 5 songs in 25 different variants and deluxe Taylor editions talking about the same things every year pandering towards the same teenage demographic as a grown woman.

Get that coin and hope she writes whatever songs she likes etc. but let’s not pretend she’s still the same artist as she was before this mega stardom. Unreasonably large wealth tends to stop artists from being creative and pushing the boundaries. At the same time, I have much higher expectations because they can do literally whatever they want.

No need to take this so close to heart, people will indeed enjoy whatever they want to enjoy but I find it really hard to respect this lazy uninspired dump from a literal billionaire. Especially after the Sheeran saga.

What's being a billionaire got to do with anything though? Just because someone has wealth doesn't reflect the output. She's clearly running with themes she likes and that appeal to her core fanbase and quite clearly the formula is working.

There is a bit of hyperbole going on with how bad the Encore edition is, but it is totally mediocre and the writing is clumsy and sometimes mediocre is worse than something intentionally awful.

I mean she is the biggest artist of 2020s so people have standards.

51 minutes ago, Doug said:

The conversation isn’t being started by Swifties though, it’s being started by non-fans and biased critics who either want her to remake Folklore, make a toaster-dropped-in-a-bath hyperpop album or quit music in general.

Do better than assume that every pop music enthusiast is going to think the same way because I know you’re more mature than this.

I hope this bit isn’t aimed at me because I am a huge Taylor fan of everything post Debut -> Midnights... unsure

And not sure why the critics are suddenly biased, now her music is receiving negative reviews because they weren't when everything was being reviewed positively and Grammys were all over her for every era she had in recent years. If anything it suggests maybe the music has nose-dived in quality for many people (but of course not all - the beauty of music being subjective).

3 hours ago, Mr. C. Joel said:

What's being a billionaire got to do with anything though? Just because someone has wealth doesn't reflect the output. She's clearly running with themes she likes and that appeal to her core fanbase and quite clearly the formula is working.

Everything. It’s an exorbitant amount of money that nobody should have. Since that is clearly not possible in our society, I strongly believe it should then come with responsibilities like being a good role model for people as well as accountability and deeper levels of transparency. It’s way too dangerous to let one person or non-government company to own this amount of money. Look at the techno fascist state that US is slowly devolving into. But I digress, this is a topic for somewhere else x

I find it really fascinating (in a bad way) that people of her caliber don’t try to do more good and just prefer to hoard wealth. I know she donates but in this political climate she has the power to make a difference just speaking out more. Of course it comes with a lot of caveats - she’s a woman after all and the world is sexist af. She could easily live in luxury not releasing any music for the rest of her life though.

Given her status and power, looking at such lazy derivative attempts at songs, I wonder what is even the point of them, artistically they are not even adding much to the album and would probably fit better as a separate EP. I mean what the f*** is Cleveland!? At the very best it’s a lost demo that leaks in 2046 in time for the album’s 20-year anniversary :’)

Edited by pavi

3 hours ago, HausofEstrus said:

I hope this bit isn’t aimed at me because I am a huge Taylor fan of everything post Debut -> Midnights... unsure

And not sure why the critics are suddenly biased, now her music is receiving negative reviews because they weren't when everything was being reviewed positively and Grammys were all over her for every era she had in recent years. If anything it suggests maybe the music has nose-dived in quality for many people (but of course not all - the beauty of music being subjective).

No no it’s not aimed at you because you articulate your thoughts and opinions properly without toxic remarks - I have to make that absolutely clear, you’re not being referred to here as I know that what she has brought out recently hasn’t been to your taste and that’s fine! But I will tell you in regards to the biased critics, Pitchfork made a tweet about the Encore before it even dropped foreshadowing their opinions before they even heard it, and have never rated any of her albums higher prior to Showgirl. Having taste is one thing but making presumptuous comments about how something is going to be bad before having proper judgement is bias.

My problem comes from those who have barely ever liked her at her best (which I’m grown up enough to admit that this isn’t her best work even though I do enjoy it) making comments that liking one’s music is to be ashamed of and making comments on variants and wealth when the majority of the big pop stars are the same - a huge amount of pop stars release tonnes of vinyls and have a net worth of shy of £1B and don’t get anywhere near the same flack, she’s just a scapegoat. Not to mention how much money she donates to charities more than governments can be arsed to do. None of that matters at all to some people because it’s flashy to hate on someone who’s not popular in the echo chamber they call home, and that is aimed at somebody here but again, absolutely not you.

Edited by Doug

21 minutes ago, pavi said:

Everything. It’s an exorbitant amount of money that nobody should have. Since that is clearly not possible in our society, I strongly believe it should then come with responsibilities like being a good role model for people as well as accountability and deeper levels of transparency. It’s way too dangerous to let one person or non-government company to own this amount of money. Look at the techno fascist state that US is slowly devolving into. But I digress, this is a topic for somewhere else x

I find it really fascinating (in a bad way) that people of her caliber don’t try to do more good and just prefer to hoard wealth. I know she donates but in this political climate she has the power to make a difference just speaking out more. Of course it comes with a lot of caveats - she’s a woman after all and the world is sexist af. She could easily live in luxury not releasing any music for the rest of her life though.

Given her status and power, looking at such lazy derivative attempts at songs, I wonder what is even the point of them, artistically they are not even adding much to the album and would probably fit better as a separate EP. I mean what the f*** is Cleveland!? At the very best it’s a lost demo that leaks in 2046 in time for the album’s 20-year anniversary :’)

I find it strange that you think artists / celebs or anyone with money HAS to speak out? Maybe she's more than happy supporting the charities close to her heart on the quiet (which she does regularly) she also pays her staff the highest in that industry because she believes they deserve it. I wouldn't say I'm an absolute stan but she does LOADS of good with her money and does give away a substantial amount to good causes I'd rather someone like that was a billionaire over countless others.

If we're going down that road anyone in society could be doing more to make a difference, the percentage of people going out in the world volunteering, donating, going to marches / protests and demonstrations is very small. People can feel passionately but just not have the personality to speak out and become a hard hitting advocate nor be able to deal with any potential backlash and that's ok.

Edited by Mr. C. Joel

Its also very comical that people believe she actually has a billion,

She is WORTH a billion big difference thats how much her assets are worth collectively

Not to mention she donates money anonymously like we scroll social media not that it should matter what she spends it on anyway

Good news for cleveland fans there seems to be a trend going round tik tok using the spoken word part

"I have an important announcement"

Come on tradwife album

#3 in the midweeks. I thought his would be….. #1?

Edited by Benson Boone

2 minutes ago, Benson Boone said:

#3 in the midweeks. I thought his would be….. #1?

Why its a literal digital exclusive where you can buy the 4 songs separately theres no need to buy the album again

Plus because of how streaming is calculated on the album side the 3rd to 16th track are what matters so onmly 2 of the new songs are included in the average the rest are from the standard version

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.