September 26, 20251 yr LOVING this album on first play . She’s got such a good ear of making great music .
September 26, 20251 yr Not a fan of the second half of the album. Same as with Planet Her when all her singing tracks were at the back half. I prefer the blend of rap and singing I guess.
September 26, 20251 yr Gorgeous is absolutely BRILLIANT. Instant love.I've heard part of the album and thoroughly enjoyed it. Think this is going to be a strong one!
September 27, 20251 yr Think I need to sit with this album a bit longer... I like it but it's not as "instant" as I thought it would be going by 'Jealous Type' and how instant that was. 'AAAHH MEN!' is the clear highlight for me alongside 'Jealous Type' and I really love 'Stranger' too.
September 27, 20251 yr Grand album! It all flows so nicely but with some surprising deviations to keep it interesting. She's really leaning in to her pop girl here. *waits for her to denounce her pop music againI found 'Lipstain' a bit of a bore though admittedly. But aside from that 🤩
September 28, 20251 yr 16 hours ago, Tafty said:Think I need to sit with this album a bit longer... I like it but it's not as "instant" as I thought it would be going by 'Jealous Type' and how instant that was. 'AAAHH MEN!' is the clear highlight for me alongside 'Jealous Type' and I really love 'Stranger' too.This was my feeling too after the first listen! I certainly enjoyed the overall experience, but I need some more time for certain songs to hit me.
September 29, 20251 yr Yeah the second half of the album definitely seems a lot weaker to me, they just sound a bit flat, nothing against her singing but I also much prefer the ones with more rapping. First half of album is really strong tho and maybe the rest will grow !
October 4, 20251 yr I've had a listen through the album and I'm very pleased to see the 80s theme is present throughout the album and not limited to the lead single ('eternal sunshine' comes to mind with its 90s house lead). Think a lot of songs will really grow but 'Stranger' is truly fantastic!
October 6, 20251 yr Her performances of 'Gorgeous' and (particularly) 'AAAHH MEN!' on SNL are FANTASTIC!Truly brilliant.Is it fair to say she is the best all round performer we have today?
October 6, 20251 yr Thought Aah Men sampled for the synths near the start Chemical Brothers Hey Boy Hey Girl but it's actually Knight Rider theme it sampled!
October 7, 20251 yr Aah Men is a BANGER, this album is great! Those two performances are amazing, she is a truly sensational performer.
Create an account or sign in to comment