Jump to content

Featured Replies

The raccoon makes a sneaky appearance choosing to play the German version of Kraftwerk rather than the English version magic (I think it is exactly the same minus the lyrics which are quite sparse in the song anyway x)

  • Replies 305
  • Views 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Best Of: Dance - 28/12/25 7:00pm-8:30pm 01 Fljotavik: Ninajirachi - Infohazard 02 Botanikka: Otha - Effin 03 Cor Lupus: Tsatsamis - Sweet Praise 04 Why So Sirius: MYSS KETA - SINNER 05 Zanmatony:

  • Nothing But Medallists - 26/12/25 7:00pm-8:30pm 01 Danaeviia: Austra - Fallen Cloud 02 Nelionoir: DEBBY FRIDAY - 1/17 03 Aesthetica: f5ve - Underground 04 Lentyll: bbno$; Ironmouse - 1-800 05 Klumini

  • I was also doing this rather on the fly so... no, I probably do not know how to correctly pronounce Fljotavik, Aeroche or Botanikka x

Posted Images

One of the best stories for Jadakissnia in 2025 was a 4th place finish evading us for so long, then suddenly getting two in a row this yearcheeseblock

Pleased Vioflesh scraped into the top 50 here <3 and one of my all-time favourite acts Kraftwerk performing so well was such a treat for my anniversary.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

40 217 (24.60%) Neliönoir 175 // yeule - Evangelic Girl Is A Gun {AT: #753}

39 227 (24.73%) POPHub 179 // Jane Inc. - what if {AT: #730}

38 232 (24.79%) Jadakissnia 173 // Kraftwerk - Europe Endless {AT: #723}

37 232 (24.79%) République d'Áskorza 171 // CLARA - NERO GOTICO {AT: #722}

36 221 (25.06%) Danæviia 175 // Ummet Ozcan - Ocean's Voice {AT: #674}

35 231 (25.16%) Ajanaeda 177 // Nuovo Testamento - Dream On {AT: #664}

34 210 (25.36%) Ajanaeda 176 // Remy Bond - Moviestar {AT: #640}

33 210 (25.36%) Neliönoir 176 // Sofia Kourtesis - Corazón {AT: #639}

32 239 (25.53%) Neliönoir 173 // Ninajirachi - All I Am {AT: #619}

31 236 (25.71%) Summericia 177 // Avery Cochrane - Shapeshifting On A Saturday Night {AT: #593}

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

The back-to-back back-to-backs of Ajanaeda and Neliönoir cheeseblock

Still not quite into the all time top 500 yet...

Oh my at a winner already - so any of Bronzil, Scotland 2 and Pestolia could have had our first win if we'd sent our BJSC 174 songs to a different contest! (In theory...)

The worst performing winner of all time was N DNTN 65 (Hervé and Zebra Katz - Tear The House Up) which would have ranked only 44th for this year with 24.37% of possible points - the song that came 16th (!) in BJSC 30 had a higher percentage than that!

(Although I think BJSC 30 is an edge case which slightly breaks the usefulness of this metric as people had to vote for 15 out of 29 songs - for a more relevant comparison, the song that came 9th in BJSC 151 had a higher percentage than Hervé/Zebra Katz. I could probably come up with a modified metric that tries to account for varying sizes of finals but I'm not doing that right now, this one works well enough to compare songs all from the same year x)

'Cinderella' is such a jam, think it's definitely in my top 3 favourite entries of the year along with 'Tumbal Proyek' and a certain song that's still to come (not counting my own entries, although I'd rank at least a few of them lower than these 3 songs anyway!), tough to pick which one is my #1 fave x Really need to check out the rest of the Model/Actriz album as the songs I've heard from it suggest it might be even better than their debut.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

30 246 (25.79%) Danæviia 174 // Polo & Pan - Petite Etoile (feat. Beth Ditto) {AT: #581}

29 228 (25.85%) A-Konohagakure 175 // Nora En Pure - Memories {AT: #571}

28 233 (25.89%) POPHub 178 // Hunnygloss - The Party Never Ends {AT: #570}

27 230 (26.08%) Aesthetica 175 // f5ve - Underground {AT: #547}

26 268 (26.12%) Danæviia 180 // Austra - Fallen Cloud {AT: #541}

25 240 (26.14%) Hushkanukia 179 // Maria Sur - Is It Love? {AT: #536}

24 250 (26.21%) Bronzil 174 // MØ - Keep Møving {AT: #526}

23 248 (26.50%) Aeroche 172 // Marie Davidson - Demolition {AT: #498}

22 253 (26.52%) Scotland 2 174 // Model/Actriz - Cinderella {AT: #494}

21 255 (26.73%) Pestolia 174 // KETTAMA - It Gets Better (Forever Mix) {AT: #475}

image.pngimage.pngimage.png[insert Scotland 2 flag]image.png

Now made it to the all-time top 500 magic 4 artists starting with M in a row from #22 to #25 oh my

I am not aware of there being an officially endorsed flag of Scotland 2, there was one that Jafet made but @!!! did not approve it from what I recall, again let me know if you ever have an official flag and I'll add it to my files xx

Model/Actriz playing <3

Is there much of a variance between the 12 point era and the 18 point era in terms of an entry's % figure? I was initially expecting it to be beneficial to older contests but then actually getting a bronze from someone in the 18 point era is a higher % of the maximum than it was back in the 12 point era

3 minutes ago, dandy* said:

Model/Actriz playing <3

Is there much of a variance between the 12 point era and the 18 point era in terms of an entry's % figure? I was initially expecting it to be beneficial to older contests but then actually getting a bronze from someone in the 18 point era is a higher % of the maximum than it was back in the 12 point era

Getting into the territory of not knowing if this calculation fully makes statistical sense but the average % under the 18 point system is 17.12% vs. under the 12 point system 16.88% so yes the 18 point system seems like it might have a very slight inherent bias (which I suppose would make sense because ranking 11th-15th for a country under the 12 point system counted for nothing whereas it does contribute a small amount under the 18 point system - again I think I could find a clever way to try and account for that to make a slightly less biased all time list).

Deal in the top 20 <3

My favourite song from another country this year, I've listened to it so often - if it weren't for it being in the contest I won then I'd be screaming about it being robbed haha

Rendición in the top 20! This ended up doing so much better than I expected it to. I still just find it really moving to listen to, it just really resonates with me

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

20 237 (26.87%) République d'Áskorza 175 // Annalisa - Maschio {AT: #460}

19 231 (27.90%) Bøtanikkä 176 // Belén Aguilera - Laberinto {AT: #364}

18 232 (28.02%) Kathaldazia 176 // MISS LUXURY - deal {AT: #354}

17 265 (28.31%) Bronzil 172 // GusGus - Breaking Down (feat. Earth and Högni) {AT: #335}

16 261 (28.43%) Aeroche 177 // sim0ne - space cadet {AT: #321}

15 268 (28.63%) Fljótavík 171 // Delaporte - Rendición {AT: #305}

14 265 (28.87%) FARC 179 // ORKID - Steep Hills {AT: #295}

13 260 (28.89%) New Lexico 178 // Maude Latour - XOXO {AT: #292}

12 279 (29.25%) Neliönoir 174 // DEBBY FRIDAY - 1/17 {AT: #270}

11 269 (29.30%) FSR Rontvia 177 // ARGO - Korku {AT: #269}

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

'Korku' being the other song that I'd rank in my top 3 of the year <3 juuust missing out on the year end top 10 aw.

No male vocals in the top 10, other than the guy who does the screaming for Blanck Mass kink with ARGO and Högni the only actual male vocalists in the top 20

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.