Jump to content

Radio 1 Playlist (04/09/26): Will the bass persuade Bobby to stop the wedding?

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, No Sleeep said:

I’m surprised Miley is straight in at A-list considering how badly her last album did and the new one doesn’t sound much more commercial so far

What? It's sounds super commercial!!

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • lewistgreen
    lewistgreen

    Spoiler alert, it's me that picks them all every week x

  • gasman449
    gasman449

    I'd like to think the BBC does not want to receive fines for noise pollution 😂

  • The Chemical Brothers - Go and Jonas Blue - Edge of Desire are two that I remember off the top of my head

So Loser by Tame Impala is the latest song they're pretending isn't on the playlist but is after Dai Dai?

Heard it twice yesterday morning, added it to my Spotify version of the playlist, don't know why they do this.

If it's on three or four times a day it's on the bloody playlist whether it's officially listed or not!

23 minutes ago, Mangø said:

What? It's sounds super commercial!!

Sounds huge, would be great if it went to #1 but who knows with Miley these days?

She seems to jump between big eras and low-key ones.

You can never write her off though and she's only 33 which is reasonably young in today's pop terms.

Plus it's a bit of a banger!

I reckon the pre-packaged hits playlist-streaming public will be up for this song, feels like what we all need in an age of endless Reining in Boston and Texas.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

27 minutes ago, HiyaLuv! said:

So Loser by Tame Impala is the latest song they're pretending isn't on the playlist but is after Dai Dai?

Heard it twice yesterday morning, added it to my Spotify version of the playlist, don't know why they do this.

If it's on three or four times a day it's on the bloody playlist whether it's officially listed or not!

Audrey Hobert - Sue Me might be next in this group by the looks of things 😭, that would mark 5 this year alone

7 minutes ago, Jay79x said:

Audrey Hobert - Sue Me might be next in this group by the looks of things 😭, that would mark 5 this year alone


Yep, that was on too!

 

What are the others?

There have been a few periods where I've not been listening as I've been having my own 'fake Radio 1' sessions on Spotify where I bring the rare half-decent Radio 2/6-only songs into it too.

But I always end up going back as I miss the content, interaction and general sense of community.

Damn, just realised that I'm finally now older than every single daytime R1 presenter now that Rickie and Melvin have gone.

Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted. Still younger than Benji B, Dan P. Carter and Pete Tong and I don't suspect they are going anywhere anytime soon!

I will always need a new music station and R1 is quite obviously the only credible option but I sometimes worry that eventually there will be nobody I can relate to. However, Sam and Danni must still be in their twenties and they're really fun to listen to, they have that classic R1 Mark and Lard/Scott and Chris/Dev and Alice/Matt and Mollie/Greg-esque fusion of silliness and smartness I love.

Even Moyles when he wasn't being a Richard Head, got more likeable towards the end I feel.

Also, are R1 done with Remi Wolf? Hope not, she had some amazing tunes and the new ones I've been Spotifying are pretty decent too.

2 hours ago, Mangø said:

What? It's sounds super commercial!!

Eh, it doesn’t sound like a hit to me

12 hours ago, HiyaLuv! said:


Yep, that was on too!

 

What are the others?

There have been a few periods where I've not been listening as I've been having my own 'fake Radio 1' sessions on Spotify where I bring the rare half-decent Radio 2/6-only songs into it too.

But I always end up going back as I miss the content, interaction and general sense of community.

Damn, just realised that I'm finally now older than every single daytime R1 presenter now that Rickie and Melvin have gone.

Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted. Still younger than Benji B, Dan P. Carter and Pete Tong and I don't suspect they are going anywhere anytime soon!

I will always need a new music station and R1 is quite obviously the only credible option but I sometimes worry that eventually there will be nobody I can relate to. However, Sam and Danni must still be in their twenties and they're really fun to listen to, they have that classic R1 Mark and Lard/Scott and Chris/Dev and Alice/Matt and Mollie/Greg-esque fusion of silliness and smartness I love.

Even Moyles when he wasn't being a Richard Head, got more likeable towards the end I feel.

Also, are R1 done with Remi Wolf? Hope not, she had some amazing tunes and the new ones I've been Spotifying are pretty decent too.

The Chemical Brothers - Go and Jonas Blue - Edge of Desire are two that I remember off the top of my head

4 hours ago, Dan17F1 said:

The Chemical Brothers - Go and Jonas Blue - Edge of Desire are two that I remember off the top of my head

oh i forgot about edge of desire! that would make 6 with the other one being Sabrina Carpenter's House Tour

On 05/09/2026 at 14:05, Dan17F1 said:

The Chemical Brothers - Go and Jonas Blue - Edge of Desire are two that I remember off the top of my head

Sub Focus & bbyclose's On & On has been on daytime quite a few times too, no idea why that wasn't officially playlisted, did pretty well in the lower reaches of the Top 100 as well if I remember rightly, hung around a while.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Joy. now has an official single release out at midnight local time on streaming + a 7” coming soon so hopefully A list next week! 🤞

Yeah I fully expect ‘Joy’ to be A-listed on Friday. Other than that, there’s not much standing out as potential rises - Barry Can’t Swim and Steve Lacy maybe?

Tune Of The Weeks:

Mylo + Rosie: Good Neighbours - Mary Jane

Greg James: Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades

Charlie + Jerry: Chase & Status x Debbie - Gone Too Far

Matt + Mollie: JISOO - Click

Katie + Emil: ADÉLA - Nicole Kidman

Mylo and Rosie confirmed this is their first TOTW, so this confirms the stand-ins actually never chose the tune of the weeks incase anyone needed that cleared up.

5 hours ago, Jay79x said:

Tune Of The Weeks:

Mylo + Rosie: Good Neighbours - Mary Jane

Greg James: Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades

Charlie + Jerry: Chase & Status x Debbie - Gone Too Far

Matt + Mollie: JISOO - Click

Katie + Emil: ADÉLA - Nicole Kidman

Mylo and Rosie confirmed this is their first TOTW, so this confirms the stand-ins actually never chose the tune of the weeks incase anyone needed that cleared up.

Did they not just mean it was their first TOTW as a permanent show? I imagine if someone is covering for a full week they get to choose.

On 06/09/2026 at 17:36, blackmascara said:

Joy. now has an official single release out at midnight local time on streaming + a 7” coming soon so hopefully A list next week! 🤞

Officially the third radio single in the US so yeah I’m defo thinking a list on Friday now

14 hours ago, J14C said:

Did they not just mean it was their first TOTW as a permanent show? I imagine if someone is covering for a full week they get to choose.

def not. I found remnants of the past playlist listings and totw’s are on them alongside the hot recurrents, these go out days prior. It’s a definite no. Imagine those who go off prob just choose them themselves.

I think it’s a different situation for a presenter already on the station covering a show though. Sam and Danni were very clear a few weeks ago that they picked Brand New Chanels as their Tune of the Week when they covered Greg

2 minutes ago, Dan17F1 said:

I think it’s a different situation for a presenter already on the station covering a show though. Sam and Danni were very clear a few weeks ago that they picked Brand New Chanels as their Tune of the Week when they covered Greg

i think thats the diff scenario. Greg being off for several weeks in a row enabled them to choose. The 1 week leaves are a little different.

5 hours ago, lewistgreen said:

Spoiler alert, it's me that picks them all every week x

not a fan of Mylo and Rosie then huh 😭

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.