September 22Sep 22 3 minutes ago, Mangø said:Yeah as you've said most of those just wouldn't work across the board.Modern artists won't have B-sides, many artists won't have remixes, many won't be known for live performances or have live songs on Spotify (pretty sure my artist doesn't), and does Calvin have any covers? I suppose he must have some Radio 1 Live Lounge ones or something but I can imagine some artists won't have any!Even having album tracks might not work this time... HRVY hasn't released an album 🤣 He's got an EP I guess - which has a few songs which weren't singles, but not a full album
September 22Sep 22 Just now, ElectroBoy said:Even having album tracks might not work this time...HRVY hasn't released an album 🤣 He's got an EP I guess - which has a few songs which weren't singles, but not a full albumI think EP tracks which weren't singles are fine to count as album tracks. Or the category could just be renamed non-singles. Or we could just wait until HRVY gets eliminated
September 22Sep 22 6 minutes ago, Mangø said:Or we could just wait until HRVY gets eliminated Shouldnt be too long to wait Edited September 22Sep 22 by Lee_J11
September 22Sep 22 Author Conveniently I have the MP3s of Can Anybody Hear Me? if HRVY’s mentor needs an album track
September 22Sep 22 You could have remix and covers in the same round like the reinvention spin offs as I'm sure most artists will have one or the other
September 22Sep 22 I think that’s the hardest thing with creating the themes is that they have to be pretty broad in order to fit each artist. Even something like duets would rule Adele out. Or if it’s charts focused, then it benefits someone like Mackenzie but isn’t favourable to Lewis Capaldi.You could feasibly do something like “top streamed” where each act has to send something from their top 5 most streamed because that’s a level playing field, every artist has that.But I think that’s why there’s so many free choice rounds, in order to make it as fair as possible for each artist, especially early doors where some are just “introducing” their artists to fresh faces.
September 22Sep 22 Author 4 minutes ago, Herbs said:I mean Adele has an amazing duet in her back catalogue!Peppa Pig coming to win
September 22Sep 22 24 minutes ago, Herbs said:I mean Adele has an amazing duet in her back catalogue!I’ve always been a fan of this Adele duet.
September 22Sep 22 26 minutes ago, Herbs said:I meant the Daniel Merriweather duet but sure 😜Shame on me for forgetting, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with that song.
September 22Sep 22 Author 4 hour warning for the remaining two artists yet to submit a song, do so HERE!
September 22Sep 22 I was low-key hoping everyone submitted last night and they'd be open in the morning - as I think everyone was really quick last series
September 22Sep 22 8 minutes ago, Bror said:Scenes when we already have randomly selected songs on round 2 xScenes when Scene’s song is randomly Scenelected
September 22Sep 22 I’d forgotten how anxiety inducing this process is! I’m just sticking with what I had down in my plan for round 2 and hoping for the best. I’ve resolved that if it doesn’t work out then so be it.
September 22Sep 22 Author 2 minutes ago, dandy* said:I’d forgotten how anxiety inducing this process is! I’m just sticking with what I had down in my plan for round 2 and hoping for the best. I’ve resolved that if it doesn’t work out then so be it.No lobster to save you this time ... unless you can successfully name all of the remaining locations on the European Adventure (and yes there is a pattern) xx
September 24Sep 24 Author Playlists are now live in the OPs of each thread Reminder too that Wardy is hosting a listen-through for the Arena Auditions tonight too if people are still interested in that.
Create an account or sign in to comment