Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) · As already mentioned, this is their last 10/10 song for me. The production is so damn good!

2 Ultravox - The Voice · This is one of the few Ultravox tracks I was already familiar with and for me it's one of the best things I know from them, such a catchy and uplifting chorus!

3 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again · I remember hearing this when it was released and thinking how well it holds up to their 80s/90s stuff. I haven't gone back to it perhaps as much as I should have!

4 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover · This is pretty good, but I do prefer mid-90's onwards Texas! Hoping for something from Red Book at some point.

5 Sade - Your Love is King · A bit of an 80s classic, couldn't not rate it highly.

6 Years & Years - All For You · Decent enough but there are other Years & Years songs I'm looking forward to more.

7 New Order - Age of Consent · I don't know too much New Order outside of their greatest hits and later 90s stuff but there's some lovely guitar work going on in this!

8 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) · Not quite as bad as I thought it was gonna be based on the comments but also not that great - sending this was definitely a choice!

9 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites · I see that they seem to be doing well in people's votes but I'm just not sharing the enthusiasm :/

10 M83 - Kim & Jessie · Nice production but I couldn't really get too into it.

11 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line · Didn't get much from this I'm afraid.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Vengaboys sacrificing their place in the competition with a flop so they can triumphantly return in the live shows with all their bangers still to play

  • Personally I base it entirely on the song. It would feel like a hollow survival otherwise

  • I, too, am a law abiding citizen that has never broken a rule in anything in my life including this wonderful game of music and friendship.

Posted Images

  1. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) [favourite]

  2. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  3. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

  4. Sade - Your Love is King

  5. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  6. Years & Years - All For You

  7. New Order - Age of Consent

  8. Ultravox - The Voice

  9. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  10. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

  11. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

1 Ultravox - The Voice

2 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

3 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

4 Sade - Your Love Is King

5 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

6 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

7 M83 - Kim & Jessie

8 Years & Years - All For You

9 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

10 New Order - Age of Consent

11 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) (they did brings the bops but this was not it, even for me oops)

Shit I need to vote on this, what times it open till?

Just now, Lukuzz said:

Shit I need to vote on this, what times it open till?

Voting will close on Monday 28 September 2026, 17:59 BST

geri

  1. Texas - I Don’t Want a Lover

  2. Sade - Your Love Is King

  3. Years & Years - All For You

  4. Ultravox - The Voice

  5. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  6. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

  7. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  8. New Order - Age Of Consent

  9. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  10. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  11. Fontaines DC - Jackie Down The Line

How did I not realise that was Texas song ?

Not a huge fan of many of these tbh. Top 3 are good and that’s about it for me this week 🤣

1 Fontaines D.C.

2 New Order

3 Ultravox

4 Depeche Mode

5 Sade

6 iamamiwhoami

7 I'm sure there was another song here somewhere

8 Bananarama

9 Texas

10 Years & Years

11 Vengaboys

jump 'Jackie Down The Line' is one of my faves from Fontaines but perhaps not the most obvious pick for this, hopefully they'll be through anyway. New Order song was a great discovery and nice to get a more recent song from Depeche Mode! The Bananarama song was better than I expected too. Didn't know that Texas song was by Texas - not the first time I've thought this about one of their songs. It's decent. Not keen on the last 2, sorry Vengas but this cover is pretty naff (I think I remember listening to it once before but I forget why).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.