BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Should've Been A Single 2019: Round 3 (Dangerous Woman), Something 'bout you, makes me feel like a hit single.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
The other singles...
should have been:
Moonlight [ 3 ] ** [5.00%]
Be Alright [ 11 ] ** [18.33%]
Let Me Love You [ 4 ] ** [6.67%]
Greedy [ 16 ] ** [26.67%]
Leave Me Lonely [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
Bad Decisions [ 6 ] ** [10.00%]
Thinking Bout You [ 8 ] ** [13.33%]
Sometimes [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I Don't Care [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Touch It [ 8 ] ** [13.33%]
Knew Better/Forever Boy [ 1 ] ** [1.67%]
Step on Up [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jason's Song (Gave It Away) [ 1 ] ** [1.67%]
Total votes: 19

JulianNial
post 5th July 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Sorry I'm late, yesterday actually turned into a super busy day, but I'm here now!

Version 2: Two years later!
Ari has had SO many smashes, many of which never got blessed with a video, radio airplay, multiple live performances or became beloved by the GP like many of her smash hits today.
Simple question and with no limitation to answers, which tracks do you imagine would/should have left a mark on Pop Culture and deserved a place in Ariana's 'Singles Discography'?
We're giving you ALL, a job as Ariana's bestfriend and record executive and travelling you back in time...

In order to decide which song will be lifted as the next single from Ari's smash hit albums you will...
RULES:
- Vote for ALL of the songs that you would have liked to or think would have worked as single releases.
- Last time the top 3 tracks moved onto the final from each album, however this time we have 5 albums worth, so only the top 2 will be making it to the next round.
- After each album is complete, all of the tracks will compete in a head to head 'Eurovision style' vote.
- Promo Singles WILL be included.
- Polls will be 3 days apart, voting will remain open.

Now we come to mine and many peoples favourite album, that I can easily listen to back to back without any skips. Pretty much should have been one of those album eras where she just kept releasing every song ala '1989' and 'Dua Lipa', but hey we can't have everything. The promo singles performed well, 'Be Alright' even went on to be certified Silver in the UK. 'Greedy' charted many places around the world, with 'Leave Me Lonely', 'Bad Decisions', 'Touch It' and 'Thinking Bout You' all charting in the top 200 in the UK as well. 'Greedy', 'Be Alright' and 'Let Me Love You' all performed better than 'Everyday' in charts around the world, so it was a shame that Ari and her team picked that one, but I saw it coming a mile away. This is the time of the week where I state how in shock and annoyed I still am at the fact 'Greedy' never received single treatment, I also think that following 'Greedy', it would have been a nice touch (maybe after the Manchester Attacks), to release 'Be Alright' along side a video, would have made a nice statement. Other favourites of mine that I think would have smashed or would have just liked to see be pushed in general are 'Touch It', 'Bad Decisions' (although I find it has aged, at the time it was very current), 'Thinking Bout You' and a rather unpopular choice for me would be 'Moonlight'. I just think it's gorgeous and had the potential to be one of those wedding songs, you know. wub.gif laugh.gif

Last time I included Knew Better (Part 2) and Forever Boy (Single Edit), but they received 0 points so I won't be including those, but I might to be different include the 'Target' bonus tracks.

My ideal run would have been:

'Dangerous Woman'
'Into You'
-----------------------
'Side To Side' (feat. Nicki Minaj)
'Greedy'
'Touch It'
'Be Alright' (Definately not featuring Migos)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th July 2019, 09:07 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Quite clearly 'Greedy' instead of 'Everyday'! I mean, I'm still wtf about that.

Then maybe 'Be Alright' afterwards to finish the era nicely.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th July 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I voted for:

- Be Alright (this was well received enough as an album track here to get a certification and felt bang on trend with the tropical wave of 2016)
- Greedy (the ultimate single that never was from this era!! <3 massive fan favourite for a reason)
- Let Me Love You (this was ready to go tbh with a video and everything)
- Touch It (could also feasibly see this working)

I could've picked even more tbh laugh.gif what an era wub.gif

+Quote this post
coi
post 5th July 2019, 10:31 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Let Me Love You would have worked, kinda surprised it wasn't pushed as a single.
Greedy is obviously full of energy and fans love it, could definitely have done well.
Touch It heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Deserved more than just a place as a bonus track on the album, I think it would have been a perfect choice as a single!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 5th July 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

Bad Decisions This would be my ultimate pick
Let Me Love You
Greedy

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 5th July 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Bad Decisions is basically chorus after chorus and the summer bop that never was.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th July 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Be Alright
Greedy
Leave Me Lonely
Thinking About You
Touch It

Along with the actual singles choices this album was SMASH READY!!! wub.gif Everyday I love but in hindsight it was a bit of a mis-step and I think a ballad or Greedy woulda served nicely after STS!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 5th July 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Julian Nial

Great turn out so far! Interesting that one of the finalists in the 2017 version has barely left the mark. The front-runner, (as expected) is still slaying the competition, but I think it could be tight for that second spot in the final and our wildcard finalist. Last time our Wildcard winner, of course came from 'Dangerous Woman' and inevitably ended up top 3 in the Final, so it will be interesting to see if DW snatches that privilege again.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th July 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Be Alright
Greedy
Thinking Bout You - not sure how big a hit this would've been but a cute minor hit to end the era would've sufficed wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 5th July 2019, 05:38 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Be Alright and Thinking Bout You! wub.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 6th July 2019, 06:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Julian Nial

Yeh I'd even add 'Thinking Bout You' on the end of my run. It is rather lovely.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th July 2019, 07:31 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

A lil surprised to see Be Alright in 2nd place! I knew it'd do well but I didn't think 2nd!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 6th July 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #13
Group icon
User: 13,007

Be Alright
Thinking Bout You (her best song period)
Touch It
-
I LOVE Knew Better but it wouldn't have worked as a single so I haven't voted it x

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 13th July 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Julian Nial

Here's an interesting one, there is a tie for "Wildcard" between 'Thinking Bout You' and 'Touch It', get those last votes in, it could all change by tomorrow morning!

FINALISTS
- Be Alright
- Greedy

WILDCARD
- Thinking Bout You
OR
- Touch It

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)