Jump to content

Featured Replies

Macca >>>>> Lennon #controversial

 

I don't know their back catalogues well enough to make a full judgement but given Lennon was responsible for "Working Class Hero" and McCartney thought releasing "Mull Of Kintyre" was a good idea, I know where I stand. To be fair to Macca, he's not Ringo.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. WGQ >>>>>>> PITS.

Surely not as an album? Apart from three singles his last album was piss poor. All of the album tracks off his recent one are better than all of them of his last one.

I don't know their back catalogues well enough to make a full judgement but given Lennon was responsible for "Working Class Hero" and McCartney thought releasing "Mull Of Kintyre" was a good idea, I know where I stand. To be fair to Macca, he's not Ringo.

 

Yeah but compare Instant Karma and Coming Up. I know which I'd rather listen to :lol:

 

Of course the real genius of the Beatles was George. He made the only triple album that was ever worth listening to.

Half a year in the top 40 for this next week, hope it makes it :D
Surely not as an album? Apart from three singles his last album was piss poor. All of the album tracks off his recent one are better than all of them of his last one.

 

Well, in terms of the singles released from them. I didn't buy either tbh, though I did dodgy download of both, but they're not on my iPod anymore :lol:

I don't know their back catalogues well enough to make a full judgement but given Lennon was responsible for "Working Class Hero" and McCartney thought releasing "Mull Of Kintyre" was a good idea, I know where I stand. To be fair to Macca, he's not Ringo.

 

And he was right - fourth highest selling single of all time :lol:

'Where Have You Been' is the only worthwhile track on the entire album unfortunately. :(

 

there are some 3 other good ones... 'Roc me out' , 'Talk that talk' and 'Red lipstick'.... but everyone expected her album to be more dance-oriented which is def. not the case....

Oh grow the f*** up Reggie :arrr:

33 :left: (from 33) Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517w3HM6t7L._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 27-48-50-57-26-12-23-33-33 [9 wks]

 

Release date: 02-10-2011

Format: download only single

Label: Universal Music

 

Video here:

 

download track listing

1. Shake It Out

2. Shake It Out (The Weeknd Remix)

3. Shake It Out (Benny Benassi Remix Edit)

4. Shake It Out (Benny Benassi Remix)

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2008 51 Kiss With A Fist

2009 12 Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

2009 05 You've Got The Love

2009 54 Drumming Song

2010 23 Dog Days Are Over

2010 02 You Got The Dirtee Love (Florence + The Machine Feat. Dizzee Rascal)

2010 51 Cosmic Love

2010 53 Heavy In Your Arms

2011 24 What The Water Gave Me

2011 12 Shake It Out

 

Album Discussion Here

9 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

10 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York

9 Wham! - Last Christmas

11 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

8 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?

7 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

9 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas

9 Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone

8 John Lennon, Yoko Ono, The Plastic Ono Band and The Harlem Community Choir - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

10 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime

 

As you can see, I love Christmas music :wub:

This seems to have finally arrested its fall (for a week at least) :D It was climbing in the midweeks but a no-move is alright as well.

glad that JLS song underperformed, that should teach them a lesson.... or maybe they should just retire... :lol:

their only worthwide song was 'Beat again' their debut...

Still love this :wub:
Ed Sheeran's 'The A Team' still sounds as good as it did on day one. Reggie was mistaken when he said 24 weeks in the top 40 - it's 26. I'm hoping that 'Lego House' can mimic the chart run, it's certainly doing well at the moment, sure to surpass 400k for sure. I think releasing another slow track would be the best decision, 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' was an awful follow up to the debut single; but as he said at the time showed the two ends of the scale (in terms of his music).
And of course McCartney penned and performed the beautiful "Waterfalls"

Edited by fchd

Ed Sheeran's 'The A Team' still sounds as good as it did on day one. Reggie was mistaken when he said 24 weeks in the top 40 - it's 26.

 

*25 :kink:

Edited by Bré

32 :down: (from 24) Lana Del Rey - Video Games [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/STRVS008.JPG

 

Chart Run: 9-15-12-13-19-24-32 [7 wks]

 

Release date: 17-10-2011

Format: SS [7" only]

Catalogue Number: STRVS008

Label: strangerrecords

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2011 09 Video Games

 

Discussion Thread Here

STOP talking over Lana Del Ray Reggie! Give one of the best songs in the chart some respect!
Hmm, not quite a nu 'The A Team' here but it's done pretty well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.