July 17, 201313 yr Blurred Lines finished the week with 190k, which gives a multiplier of 2.3875 from his first 2 days to his first week. Assuming Avicii has the same multiplier, he should finish the week on 293,663 copies. Done some calculations again using midweek sales data and I've revised my prediction down to 288,314 copies. Still amazing though :dance:
July 17, 201313 yr I think it's more likely Avicii will get over 250k than under it. He's sold about 30k for each of the last two days, and only needs to do 25k for the next four in order to get there. Avril will certainly drop out of the top 10 to give Passenger another week there, and it's possible Breach could too, although I'm inclined to think he's a bit too high and will end up at 9 or 10. Looks like Daft Punk won't make another week, but 13 is still amazing. Edited July 17, 201313 yr by Yorkie2
July 17, 201313 yr Done some calculations again using midweek sales data and I've revised my prediction down to 288,314 copies. Still amazing though :dance: Why are you giving these predictions as such a specific number, especially when you're not working with specific numbers to begin with? (Well, Avicii does have a specific number mentioned but Robin didn't). It's quite obvious Avicii is not following the exact same sales trend as Robin. I thought PSB would hold onto midweek #1 for another day or two, they're going to end up miles behind if they're already 1.5k behind in just one day. Jay-Z should end the week at #2 I reckon, 'Blurred Lines' will easily hold onto #1 though. Maybe. Poor K Koke. It's so difficult to even care about him. 'My time is coming' - not sure about that. Edited July 17, 201313 yr by Bré
July 17, 201313 yr Robin did... Midweek Charts: Robin in Thicke of first UK chart-topper Source: MW by Paul Willams US R&B singer Robin Thicke is heading for his first UK No 1 and one of the biggest retail tallies of the year with newly-issued Blurred Lines. The Interscope/Polydor track featuring TI and Pharrell Williams had sold 101,211 copies up to the end of business on Tuesday, according to the Official Charts Company, more than what its two main rivals managed combined.
July 17, 201313 yr Author Those must be the highest mid week sales for this time of the year for a while, not counting the Xmas midweek #1, Those sales are pretty awesome. I reckon if Avicii does 30k per day that's if the track does not dip that much as the week goes on, I would say total wise 270,000 (ish). And thanks Thermo
July 17, 201313 yr Midweek Charts: Avicii heading for 2013 sales high Source: MW Paul Willams Avicii is poised to clock up the UK's highest weekly singles sales of the year with Wake Me Up having sold 153,121 copies in just two days. WOW! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles/print http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums/print BTW, those URL's now just take you to the chart, not the printable version.
July 17, 201313 yr New links for the printable versions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/updatesingles/print http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/updatealbums/print
July 17, 201313 yr we all now that most PSB´s fans have bought the album in the first days.as much as i´d love to see them in the top 3, or number 1, of course, with a top ten they should be happy.A top ten+ good critics+fans happy with the album, that´s a success for them
July 17, 201313 yr Former Disney stars are really doing well this year! I'm trying to avoid listening to 'Come & Get It' though, mind you I did like 'Naturally' and 'Love You Like a Love Song'. That Breach track is awful, really hope it disappears without a trace but that seems like really wishful thinking, unfortunately. :( On a more positive note, it's fantastic to see Avril Lavigne at #10! Will probably drop out to somewhere in the Top 15, but I was originally expecting it to struggle for a Top 40 placing! I seem to have under-estimated how well she can do nowadays, seems to be just post-album releases she seems to struggle with. Iggy and Katy B down 12 is disappointing to see. :cry: Robin Thicke going up to midweek number one isn't too surprising, besides it is much more likely to have a better chart run than Pet Shop Boys will. I've listened to his album, probably won't be purchasing but it was much better than I expected - would sound great in the sunshine as it has a very relaxed feel to it, kind of like Mariah Carey's '#beautiful' is like.
July 17, 201313 yr Former Disney stars are really doing well this year! I'm trying to avoid listening to 'Come & Get It' though 'Come & Get It' is actually a decent track. I'd still say 'Naturally' is better though. Poor Pet Shop Boys, knew their time at #1 in the album chart midweeks would be short lived but having previewed the album tracks it's definitely a return to form. I'm surprised 'Love Is A Bourgeois Construct' wasn't pushed as the lead single (instead of 'Axis' which got boring fast for me). If that had a music video similar to 'I'm With Stupid' (ie; feature some well known celebrities in scenarios you'd least expect to see them in) it'd certainly give the song more attention.
July 17, 201313 yr My predictions for the new entires on Sunday: Avicii #1 Selena #6 Breach #9 Avril Lavigne #15 Lucy Spraggan #25
July 17, 201313 yr Ugh. No CHVRCHES in the top 40 (Not surprising, but they deserve it so much with 'Gun'!). Very shocked and pleased to see Avril is in the top 10, although that's definitely not gonna stick by Sunday. HTNGU, to have a higher peak than 'What the Hell', but have a similar chart career would be lovely. (Doubtful I know)
July 17, 201313 yr That really IS Spice Girls big! :o His lead o iTunes reminds me of Leona Lewis' Run all over again.
July 18, 201313 yr Hopefully the Pet Shop Boys can get a top 3 album but have a feeling it will end the week with a very lucky top 5 place. I really want Lighthouse by Lucy Spraggen to stay top 30 at lowest, i usually don't like her but i am a huge fan of Lighthouse.
Create an account or sign in to comment